It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Punches Bear In Face To Save Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3007e0e56d46.jpg[/atsimg]

The black bear approached Collins' yard on Sunday and seized her dachshund, Fudge, whom she'd let out for the evening.

"That bear was carrying her like a salmon," she said. She said she almost instinctively went up and did the first thing she thought of. She punched the bear's face and scooped away her dog when it let go. It all happened too fast to really think about but she had flashes of hearing about how some animals will back off from a punch to the nose, she said.

First off, anyone else surprised by the picture? I sure was. I was picturing some grizzled old hag in biker leathers, cigarette clamped firmly between decaying dentures and an American flag bandana. I was wrong, and now have a slight crush.

So how many of you would do this? I know I would. I am currently dogless but loved the many I've had a little too much. I'd punch 5 bears in the face, maybe even a shark.

Brave young woman ad I'm glad everything worked out OK. I really think they put something in the water up there in Alaska. Takes a different breed to kick a bear's butt to save your dog.

Link

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My dogs are like my kids, I would kill for them.

Also I like dogs more than humans, so ask the question if a bear was walking off with my neighbour in his teeth would you punch it on the nose..........Ill bet you would be suprised with my answer.
edit on 31-8-2011 by michaelmcclen because: ugh...bad grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Damn this lady really loves her dog lmao

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Holy crap, that is one amazing girl. Barking mad to do what she did, but still very brave. Btw, your avatar is the most amazing one I've seen on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Great story! xD

I guess I wouldn´t even have to punch the bear in the face because my cat would screw him up all on her own

your avatar is the most amazing one I've seen on ATS.

hmm ...why so serious ...kitty? xD
edit on 31-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

I would pay the bear very handsomely with salmon if my neighbor disappeared. Dogs I've had have been like kids too. I love 'em. Dogs I've had probably would have given the bear a run for it's money though!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Thanks! I'm surprised no one is screaming animal abuse at me yet. I saw that picture and couldn't stop laughing. I still laugh at it, something about it gets me every time.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That's why I won't ever have a weiny dog, or any little yip yip dog. The dogs are supposed to protect us, not vice-versa!

Kudos to the lady though, quick and bold thinking saved her dog, and the bear is now living in shame in a N. Siberia, afraid to show its face around any self-respecting bear, but the bear lore of the woman is growing by the day, and I expect youthful bears to start sniffing around her door any time now, just to catch a glimpse of the she-monster!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9604ecbf062e.gif[/atsimg]

Another humiliated bear. Poor things are losing respect left and right!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Star for that response, I hate my neighbour so much I bought a 4x4 so I can park it outside his window everynight, not that im a c# or anything but he's one of the "keeping up with the jones" lot that tries to be better than everyone and licks everyones H#'s.

He likes to sit all day and night looking out his window being nosey so I park my car outside his window day and night just so he cant.

Im usually a nice person but everyone has a little crazy in them.

edit on 31-8-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'd punch a black bear in the face.

But a grizzly bear? Hell no.

Pretty awesome though, that's love right there. Goes to show not all humans are apathetic - that they all haven't completely lost their survival/protective instincts from being institutionalized by civilization.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

Also I like dogs more than humans, so ask the question if a bear was walking off with my neighbour in his teeth would you punch it on the nose..........Ill bet you would be suprised with my answer.
edit on 31-8-2011 by michaelmcclen because: ugh...bad grammar

i had some lovable neighbors in my life, but there were a few that if i saw a bear walking off with them, i'd be thinking of what wine i was going to buy to celebrate.

i gerw up in the woods up north, i remember old ladies chacing bears out of their yards.

every dog i had, i would protect against anyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

I've had a few VERY annoying neighbors. They've ranged from a very weird Christian couple always trying to 'witness' to me to a crack dealer.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

How was that little dog in a bears mouth, and it escaped in one piece?

I would never punch a big ass bear in the face, I'd probably chuck a chair at it or something, or run inside and grab the gun, but just run up to it and punch it? No way!

First off, anyone else surprised by the picture? I sure was. I was picturing some grizzled old hag in biker leathers, cigarette clamped firmly between decaying dentures and an American flag bandana..
That's hilarious
edit on 31-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I would like to say that I would so the same, but a bear is a mighty mean animal. I don;t know why but I have always been really fond of all dogs and feel as much or more compassion for them than my fellow man. Growing up sometimes was really unhappy for me and my dogs were always there and could always cheers me up no matter what. It's strange because they are so tuned into people they can pick up on your emotions so well and genuinely are concerned for their owners well being so its natural to feel fiercely loyal to your dog.

This though is one brave young lady and I bet Fudge (lovely 'sweet' name btw) is very grateful to have been saved. I can picture him being carried away with that sad look that this breed gives with their concerned eyes amd then bam in comes his mum to save the day like a super hero.

I'm glad she's ok though, they both could have been killed that. Some shard pain from a confident attacker though in this case was enough to make the bear think that it wasn't worth it thank God.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has said this but... very stupid!
She's lucky the bear didn't turn on her!

Is dying for an animal really worth the heartache your family will have when your dead? (besides that would really suck being mauled by a bear.)
Lets get real here.

Besides... that isn't really a dog.... its a rat... hehehe.

Sylvester Stallone- "thats the best rat burger I've ever had"

Go ahead... you may proceed with the flaming.
edit on 31-8-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm with her on that. I'd do the same for any of my pets, who are like our children, being attacked or be able to take another route(depending on what's possible at the time). Includes protecting even my bigger dog! Punching at the bear may have better than shooting anyway since it may have made the dog more at risk.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I love this, you go girl!!

I would also like to second an above comment.

I'd kill for my cats and dog

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

Things like that are always sad to read

The story sounds funny, going up to a bear and punching him in the face.
But risking your life for something as useless as a dog...i don't know. I think it's crazy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I wonder if she is related to Chuck Norris?

Chuck Norris kicked a bear in the face with a round house kick once. The bear thanked him for not kicking ass.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join