It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Trump Found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'll start out by saying that I did look around with some searches, but didn't find anything talking about this. If it's a topic already mentioned to death, I apologize for this thread.

I also realize that this is a bit of a question with an obvious answer, but I'll still mention it. And I am not taking into account the questions on the legitimacy of the final long form birth certificate. It's basically irrelevant in this case.

Anyway, let's do it Jeopardy! style.

Answer: What is Nothing.
Question: Back when Trump was trying to be a concerned Ameri-- wait, let me start again...
Back when Trump was doing all that self-promotion for his TV show and raising a fuss about Obamas birth certificate situation, he said (paraphrased) "I have sent representatives to Hawaii and they have already found some interesting news." This is what his representatives found.

So naturally, I feel pretty confident in saying that everyone knows he never did send anyone over (and therefore no one ever found anything), but he got a complete pass when the certificate was released. Why wouldn't people grill him on what so-called "evidence" he said they found? It was a great moment to, at the very least, ridicule him endlessly about.

Why wasn't he pressured on his claims? Is it just as simple as no one gave a damn about him anymore and didn't want to give him attention, even if it was negative attention?

(A quick non sequitur: When Obama announced the death of bin Laden, was I the only one hoping he would end it by saying "And before anyone asks, no we don't have his long form death certificate available right now"?)
edit on 31-8-2011 by cuthbert because: typos

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I suppose it was a mistranslation.

Like when you've added the word "evidence" in the fourth paragraph when the word "evidence" doesn't exist in the sentence you quoted. Only "interesting news".

Seems like you're weaving your own thoughts into the story.

edit on 31/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Man, I'm having a dickens of a time wording this reply like I want to... this is attempt 4.

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Like when you've added the word "evidence" in the fourth paragraph when the word "evidence" doesn't exist in the sentence you quoted. Only "interesting news".

Seems like you're weaving your own thoughts into the story.

First, let me say that you make valid points. I might have jumped a step or two forward in my conclusions, and read too much into his comments. But I still contend my point stands.

As for the 4th paragraph that you referenced, you are right. Mostly. Trump never said "evidence." But, he also never said "Interesting news." It is why I said I was paraphrasing the "quote." So, what was the real quote? "At a certain point in time I'll be revealing some interesting things."

This is where I may have jumped to conclusions. Since he sent people to Hawai'i to investigate the certificate situation with Obama, I figure that those "interesting things" were about information about Obamas certificate. Another conclusion that I might have jumped to is that I went with the assumption that the only info he would want would be something to prove Obama wrong and not as a way of defending Obama. While it's a longshot, it's possible that his "interesting things" were proof that Obama was right from the start.

He also said that "You'll be very surprised" by what has been found (CNN interview with Ali Velshi). Again, since he was taking a birther stance, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to assume this is negative info about the certificate.

Another quote: "I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding" (from an NBC interview). Again, the people "studying" it were there more or less to look for proof it was fake or non-existent.

So, did I improperly use the word "evidence?" Well, maybe. But I think you are also being too narrow in your definition of "evidence."

Trump said:
"At a certain point in time I'll be revealing some interesting things."
"You'll be very surprised" with what we've found
"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding."

He didn't use the actual word "evidence," but that sure as hell sounds like what he is implying. Even if that "evidence" ultimately isn't a physical thing, but just information.

And if you still have a problem with my usage of "evidence" and/or "Interesting news" in my original post, just substitute in "interesting things" if it will make you more comfortable.

(All quotes in this are from cnn.com. And the only reason I used them in particular was just because in a search, it was the very first one listed. The quotes are all over the net.)

Lastly, while I said it at the start, I'll say it again: EnigmaAgent, your general points were completely accurate. You are right with questioning what I meant with the words I used.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This has already been beat too death over the past year, I personally feel something is not right with the whole deal, but good luck with finding proof in the cracks that no one seems to care about. If it were a true form of treason something would have came from it by now. The fact of the matter people seem to not care or even avoid the original constitution these days, thank corporations for that with their beloved lobbyists. And seems to be the people are fine with that as long as they can have their precious car insurances and swiffer sweepers all available at the local Wal-Mart. This subject will go no where, as it hasn't already and will stay that way. Just another sign that true American rights are being stripped more than ever. Can you do anything about it? NO... why well seeing Trump is a billionaire three times over and still had no pull, partly because Barry led nearly a 2 billion $$$ campaign thanks to friends like Oprah and corporates. If he was unable to unravel anything, then it would seem not many can other than the violator himself... Was it a sloppy job as a cover up... YES!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
As was said, the overall topic of the certificate has been talked about over and over again. So, I'll just touch on that briefly, then wrap up my whole intention in the first place. And, while I may sound like it, I'm not a Democrat and also am uncomfortable with the label "liberal" even when it fits. I hate classifying anyone that way, and especially hate it when people do it to themselves, by declaring themselves a member of a party. Anyway...

*begin political comment*
Actually my side of it is quite a bit different then most here, I would guess. I don't say this to be combative, a contrarian or any other sort of term that implies I am just looking for a reaction, but I absolutely love Obama (my only real frustration with him is him not sticking to his guns and ending up compromising on too many things more than he should have) and feel bad that he has been sabatoged since day 1. Luckily, the closer we get to 2012 voting, the more likely it is that he will win re-election.
*end political comment (mostly)*

But that is pretty irrelevant to what my initial question was about. If anything, I was saying that there never was any cover-up and/or conspiracy. I just questioned why Trump wasn't ridiculed to death after it all happened. And, even my question was a bit rhetorical, in the vein that of course the answer, for me, is that people just wanted to move on from the sham of a man named Trump.

Anyway, it's all good for me. Just was curious if there had been any actual fallout by the public from Trumps actions.

And, thanks for calling Obama "Barry." That honestly makes me laugh when I read it, since for some reason the people that use it seem to want to imply it signifies anything (and usually a negative thing), like a cute inside joke or something. And yes, I actually do understand the attempted meaning they think they are trying to imply. Anyway, made me smile. So, thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cuthbert

That's cool and all I refuse to use his political name because it stars a flag on this site, and honestly I don't feel like being watched by the patriot AKT. As should any person with common sense. Key words create more KEY words on sites like this and the less you partake the better you are off. As far as Barry... Sorry but that's his REAL name, so I used it, and you might as well get use to it...I can change my name as well at any time. Scarlet Johansen sounds ringy to me. Glad it made you laugh! Hopefully you will remember it when all is revealed. I have nothing to offer other than it was in definite a sloppy job, and yes a cover up or why wait 2 years then make it TOTALLY complicated now. There is something to this... it simply makes no sense to wait then prove nothing, why not lay the cards on the table if you have nothing to hide and WIN. Trump is an idiot, so why even make a thread about him... I wasn't defending the dumbass, but your OP seemed to go along with the fact that there is more to it. Apparently "your" more to it is all about why hasn't trump been made out like a ridiculous person... ANSWER = He already was/IS. Go back to bed and thank whatever god you love that he didn't make it to primaries and dropped out early. /// END OF LINE nothing to debate just as much as the Birth Movement. No one will win. Waste-

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Trump was most likely asked to stir the water a bit to dramatize the whole birth-certificate issues for a big tax cut. Did you really think Trump would run for Presidency? Also, wasn't it funny how the announcement of Obama, I mean, Osama Bin Laden's capture was during Apprentice?

Everything was premeditated and Trump was in on the whole thing...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

That makes a bit of sense too...

Nice thinking... I totally get your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
While I no doubt believe Obama was born in America, doesn't anyone else find it incredibly hypocritical that even though he claimed he was going to have the most transparent government in recent history (while on the campaign trail of course) the first thing he did when he got into office was sign an executive order barring research into his birth certificate and college records? Not only that, but it takes him nearly three years to finally come out with the damn certificate, even as so many republicans are hounding him about it from day one in the office. Not very transparent, if you ask me. I mean, for crying out loud, if I had millions of people demanding they see my birth certificate, I probably wouldn't stretch it out for so long -- it's really not that big a deal, right?

And then there are the college records, which is actually what interests me more than anything else. We still don't really know what this guy was up to in those very influential times or how his grades were or anything else. We knew pretty well where both Dubya and Kerry stood, what, with Skull and Bones and everything else. I want to know what Obama has to hide, because like he said once in an interview: THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO DISCLOSE THE TRUTH ARE PEOPLE WITH SOMETHING TO HIDE.

Is he an American citizen? Yes.
Is he also a hypocrite? Without a doubt.
edit on 5-9-2011 by soma100 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join