It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Continues To Do Stupid Things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just noticed the address of Ron Paul's campaign headquarters in Texas:

845 Plantation Drive, Clute, TX 77531 and 8000 Forbes Place, Suite 200, Springfield, VA 22151

www.p2012.org...

Now of course it's just an address but Paul is already dogged by the racist remarks in his newsletter, not returning donations from white supremists and speaking out against Civil Rights legislation so why in the world would you add fuel to the fire by placing your headquarters at this address?

How long will it be before the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton start bringing this up as a "weird coincidence". Ron Paul needs to fire everyone that's advising him and get a new team in there in my opinion. There is of course nothing wrong with this other than the fact that it looks bad and more than likely some fringe group will bring this up and it's a problem that could have been easily avoided.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I know the road is named plantation, but I don't think anyone will say anything about it. It's just a street name, not a cotton field.

That's my opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If the media is truely against him i'm sure someone will slip it in there eventually. I just don't understand why he would even give them the opportunity to spread lies.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think you are making a much bigger deal out of it than it is...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I am not American but I wish we had someone as brave as Ron Paul in Britain, he seems honest, genuine, sincere and always explains things perfectly, hope he gets you Americans out of this economic mess youre in, but first will need to sort the banks out.

He seems the only one brave enough to stop the banks.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What's racist about it?

Oh, I see. So I shouldnt send my kids to summer camp because they might be gassed by Nazi's? Perhaps a nice disclaimer reading "not that kind of camp"?

Perfectly rational.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree, there is nothing racist about it but my point is that someone will try to make that connection and in what appears to be a very uphill battle for Paul anything, no matter how far-fetched, that detracts from his message is just dumb.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Are you kidding me!?!? This is what you use to slam Ron Paul!? You are a sad, tiny little person. Stop spamming the boards! Go outside and play in your sandbox already!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I am in no way a supporter of Ron Paul. However this isn't an issue. Not one at all. People like myself that don't agree with Paul's message of subservience to the corporate overlords, and the return of slavery don't need to harp on irrelevant issues such as the name of the address he chooses.

While it's true that Ron Paul appears to be fighting hard for the degradation of rights for Americans everywhere and it seems that his goal is to have the poorest Americans enslaved to corporate slave-owners as soon as he can possibly repeal the 13th Amendment and bring to conclusion his vision of "The cure for 1984 is 1776". The address he chooses for his assault on the rights of Americans everywhere is not an issue at all.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looooooooooool man you are becoming desperate

Everybody should be for Ron Paul ..every good human US citizen .. even the most hard core democrats !!!!

Ron Paul is clear like mountain water...you are opposing Ron Paul ----> then you like invasions,you like wars,you like death , you like imperialism,you like suffering,you like big goverment, you like murdering, you like more people in prison for pot,you like globalism,you dont like constitution. Go tell to small kid what do you like ..he will tell you: You are EVIL .

Things are simple with Ron Paul ..you can't oppose him .. if you oppose him you are not human ..you have only human skin.

Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Just noticed the address of Ron Paul's campaign headquarters in Texas:

845 Plantation Drive, Clute, TX 77531 and 8000 Forbes Place, Suite 200, Springfield, VA 22151

www.p2012.org...

Now of course it's just an address but Paul is already dogged by the racist remarks in his newsletter, not returning donations from white supremists and speaking out against Civil Rights legislation so why in the world would you add fuel to the fire by placing your headquarters at this address?

How long will it be before the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton start bringing this up as a "weird coincidence". Ron Paul needs to fire everyone that's advising him and get a new team in there in my opinion. There is of course nothing wrong with this other than the fact that it looks bad and more than likely some fringe group will bring this up and it's a problem that could have been easily avoided.

If all he has to worry about is people poking at the street name. He's a shoe in. this is pretty pathetic honestly.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

We are in pre elections year propaganda, while I am not a follower of Ron Paul, we know that political propaganda is going after any political candidate out there to render them "unfit" to lead by political standards that are actually set by the same political propagandist that look for any type of news to bring down political figures.

Sadly the same propaganda fail to link corrupted politicians to corporate and private interest that is the biggest corruption running among the two elite parties in the nation.

Wake up America what you are looking at right now is nothing but crap to play with the voters in the nation, use your God given brain and connect the dots.

America politics and propganda is one of the dirties in the world.

edit on 31-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

I agree it's pathetic and i'm actually supporting Ron Paul on this one however it will be only a matter of time before someone tries to connect this to a deeper meaning with Paul. I am wondering why he would not recognize this as a potential problem no matter how small and simply relocate to something with less racial overtones.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

kozmo, I don't think Kro's trying to slam Paul here...although I could have done with a different title for the thread...and though I disagree that this is likely to become an issue, he does have a valid point otherwise that the media will very likely try to pick apart pretty much anything the Paul campaign does that could by any means be politically useful for them to attack.

I would *like* to say that if it ever did come up for some silly reason, the campaign could just point out that there are still plenty of plantations around the world today, and those in the past as well, that have & had nothing to do with slavery.

But...I'm feeling pessimistic and honestly quite foul today, so let's just assume the worse would happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is a great trolling attempt. 8/10. Just because you fooled a bunch of people.

Really.. you think they are going to bash him because of the name of the street his campaign is headquartered on?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
political games are part of our political process regardless, only those that are convinced that their political candidates are free of fault will ignore the propaganda.

But, we most understand that no political candidate in this nation can make it without money coming from private interest.

Because after all private interest runs the nation.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Some of the things you democrats try to make an issue gets me rolling on the floor sometimes. Not this time. I heard racists used in 08 to watch it get exposed for the desperate propaganda it was. You really need to read up on the guy kro. You might realize just how brainwashed the media has a lot of people.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

*rolls eyes*

Yes, Paul's fighting against the rights of americans everywhere by being honest with us (by all indications), and wanting to get the government to stop spying on us and protect our privacy, wanting to get our government to stop sending us into wars without good cause and wasting lives, wanting to end our overseas adventurism and make our country more financially secure, wanting to END the corporatism that has taken over this country by working to get rid of the regulations that stifle small business from competing with & taking down big business (as well as dealing with the "regulatory" agencies that seem to only regulate their employees right into the big companies they pretty much let do whatever they want, while regulating execs of those big companies right into the agencies to keep the cycle going and competition down), wanting to get the Feds OUT of the business of telling us what rights we CAN exercise, and when & where we can do so (allowing the states to experiment and try things out for themselves, like they currently can't)...and so on.

Ugh, just...ugh. Paul's not fighting against any rights, he's fighting to allow the states and people to decide for themselves and remove the heavy hand of the federal government from our lives and our wallets. If you're afraid of what the states themselves might choose to do, get involved and work toward ensuring they make what you feel is the best decision. As I see it, quite a few states are making moves to try to do things the Feds are telling them they can't.

Who's fighting against rights here?

EDIT:
On a side note, could you please clarify for me how exactly the poorest Americans are not ALREADY "enslaved to corporate slave-owners"? Have you been paying attention to what's going on in this country, and how they've already entrenched themselves and their lackeys firmly within the echelons of government to their own benefit? Haven't you ever wondered why regulations don't seem to do anything to actually REGULATE big business or what it does? With our current setup, it protects and coddles their interests while only regulating any actual challengers they might have in an actual free market, as well as removing any incentive for actual competitive innovation...as far as I can tell. We already live in a corporatocracy.

edit on 8/31/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/31/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by kozmo

kozmo, I don't think Kro's trying to slam Paul here...although I could have done with a different title for the thread...and though I disagree that this is likely to become an issue, he does have a valid point otherwise that the media will very likely try to pick apart pretty much anything the Paul campaign does that could by any means be politically useful for them to attack.

I would *like* to say that if it ever did come up for some silly reason, the campaign could just point out that there are still plenty of plantations around the world today, and those in the past as well, that have & had nothing to do with slavery.

But...I'm feeling pessimistic and honestly quite foul today, so let's just assume the worse would happen.

I judge people on action, not just words. Kro has been spamming the forums for weeks with his anti-Paul rhetoric. This is just another prime example in a line of many.

In response to your concern... I certainly hope that the establishment media make an issue of this. They will make themselves look utterly stupid (And they are!) and discredit themselves. Bring it!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Oh wow, who cares? No one but you. Don't worry, the other candidates are doing actual stupid things, like blaming hurricane Irene on God because we are all bad people. Why don't you focus on that stupidity

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join