It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Elenin got hit by some strange pulse and change it's direction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

and tell me that this is not elenin....what is it than?
And if you look this video a few times you can see that it is not broke into 2 pieces but it is the same as before just turned left for some reason- blast from jupiter or not - it turned left

THANK YOU!!! Finally a link to something other than YouTube! Now, go to the SECCHI site, enter 20110822 , 9 days and "Reverse at end." It will become much clearer what is going on. I apologize for my confusion, I wasn't sure what date any of this was supposed to have taken place on. That little fuzzy spot is indeed comet C/2010X-1. It is following a curving arc against the apparently moving background stars. We are watching three bodies in motion from a body that is itself in motion. The eye tends to fix on on one thing or another in order to make sense of the scene. The eye jumps from Mercury to a nearby bright star, or from the comet to Jupiter, or from a bright star to the comet. Each time, it "fixes" all the relative positions differently. In other words, Elenin does not make a sudden left turn; it has been sweeping gently "upwards" from left to right. As it passes a bright star, we notice that it seems to be shifting relative to it. In other words, it's a sort of optical illusion caused by trying to keep the eyes on too many balls. As I have pointed out, if it did change its trajectory, it would not be appearing in the sky at its predicted co-ordinates. No-one has reported this.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

there is no such thing as a coincidence

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by borutp

and tell me that this is not elenin....what is it than?
And if you look this video a few times you can see that it is not broke into 2 pieces but it is the same as before just turned left for some reason- blast from jupiter or not - it turned left

THANK YOU!!! Finally a link to something other than YouTube! Now, go to the SECCHI site, enter 20110822 , 9 days and "Reverse at end." It will become much clearer what is going on. I apologize for my confusion, I wasn't sure what date any of this was supposed to have taken place on. That little fuzzy spot is indeed comet C/2010X-1. It is following a curving arc against the apparently moving background stars. We are watching three bodies in motion from a body that is itself in motion. The eye tends to fix on on one thing or another in order to make sense of the scene. The eye jumps from Mercury to a nearby bright star, or from the comet to Jupiter, or from a bright star to the comet. Each time, it "fixes" all the relative positions differently. In other words, Elenin does not make a sudden left turn; it has been sweeping gently "upwards" from left to right. As it passes a bright star, we notice that it seems to be shifting relative to it. In other words, it's a sort of optical illusion caused by trying to keep the eyes on too many balls. As I have pointed out, if it did change its trajectory, it would not be appearing in the sky at its predicted co-ordinates. No-one has reported this.

Ok, so I did it real slow, dotted it with a felt tip, and I still thought towards the last few frames it turned as the cme hit it. I see what you mean about the too many balls optical illusion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

If one looks at the trajectory of that object very closely, he or she may observe that the comet did not actually change course. It appears to have yes, due to it's passing a light emitting body behind it. Light waves bend around Elenin, in a difractive way. Watch the videos again. Elenin approaches the light source at an angle of about 345 degrees maybe. From about 1130ish. It passes the star, and continues on the same course. This whole excercise is premised on what appears to be an explosion, but is probably just an anomaly on the lens of the telescope. Regardless, I am seeing several posts that "Elenin is gone, goodbye, on to something more important". I would take a moment to remind those folks that matter is neither created nor destroyed. It only changes. Whatever Elenin is, if it broken up, it may be even more dangerous. Elenin was scheduled to approach to within about 0.25 AU if I remember correctly? Well any change in course could result in a distance of no more than 0.00 AU. I will remind the reader of Shoemaker Levy 9, which broke up on it's way into Jupiter a number of years ago now, with a "scattergun" effect.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There was a thread on here yesterday about some scientist claiming that elenin is now breaking apart. I dont think this is what he meant, so what the hell is going on?

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
To many strange coincidences with this comet to just brush it aside. I have been listening to a bunch of different sources from Hoagland to NASA on this thing and I don't know what to think? Is this comet a "tetrahedral shield", does it in fact have a shape that we have never observed before? Why so many different people interested in this thing? Where there is smoke, there has to be some fire. Right? Is there such a thing as an E-Class comet? ANSWERS!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think this guy has the best explanation I've come across yet:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

It seems as if the wave from the blast split it in two?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cal71919
Somebody said it's not uncommon for a comet to split like that. When has that happen before?

Comet Shoemaker Levy just before it hit Jupiter it had split into several pieces.

All ofcourse was observed by many on earth.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

So let's get this straight a CME from Jupiter ,I thought that that was the suns job. What was the blast wave supposed to be.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
'Things will defelct' Elinin because people need an excuse when it doesn't appear

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarusica
reply to post by hp1229

So let's get this straight a CME from Jupiter ,I thought that that was the suns job. What was the blast wave supposed to be.

You got it all wrong. I was responding to cal71919.

Ofcourse there is no CME or blast or shock wave from Jupiter.

I was simply indicating that comets do break up before impact and when close to a planet with intense gravitational pull. You should see the documentary or articles on Comet Shoemaker Levy to understand how the comet hit Jupiter in pieces.

Ofcourse the above video is questionable and it has been addressed very well by a well known member named 'PHAGE' on ATS. I wouldn't waste my time elaborating the explanation for the anamoly in the video.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait. Can someone please tell me where they saw Elenin 'change' direction. How did you all jump to this conclusion.

I couldn't even see Elenin in the video.

ALS

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

And David Morrison has been debunked
edit on 31-8-2011 by maritimo69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by maritimo69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I believe our Galactic friends in space are the ones who are doing all this to comet Elenin as they said they were going to if it was ever a threat to earth. They cannot interfere with our natural process of evolution even if its going bad but they are allowed to to interfere if a anomaly is interfering.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jarusica

On another ATS thread it says it is a lens flare. Not a cme, nor a blast from Jupiter.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OMG... I didn´t even read all the pages of the thread after the first 5 posts and 2 calling for Phage who should explain it for them.

Finaly buttdiving has made it to a real sport for several people here on ATS.

Congratulations!

edit on 31-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnoyingOrangeX

The ability to think, research and conclude for yourself is now a thing of the past here on ATS...I agree with your sentiments totally.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by borutp

It didn't actually turn left. It's an illusion called retrograde motion.
Here's a twofer video. The same lens flare (from Venus this time) and Mercury displaying retrograde motion.

edit on 8/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-8-2011 by nedined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join