It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Elenin got hit by some strange pulse and change it's direction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Surely whether the event/pulse/explosion made it change direction or whether it just changed direction of its own accord, the fact is to my eyes it looked to have split and changed direction....so what happened?

Has someone debunked the video? if not this comet gets weirder with every passing day...

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis

What did it do then?

It continues on its orbit. No-one has reported otherwise. Here is a video of the comet being struck by a CME. You will note that that the coma is blown away. This accounts for the decrease in brightness noted by astronomers. It does not turn or perform any intelligent maneuvers.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Take your sunglasses off so you can see more clearly.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You say "No one has reported otherwise", this OP does, so is the video wrong, hoax, debunked?

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This video you just posted DJW where is the time/date stamp we normally see?

anyway is it possible that the comet is changed direction?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks for the explanation. When people like me aren't completely clued up on these subjects, it's easy to just allow anyone's opinion or explanation to be taken as truth, so I appreciate your input. Thanks!

edit on 31-8-2011 by AmazonOfArtemis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

You say "No one has reported otherwise", this OP does, so is the video wrong, hoax, debunked?

So is "PropheticSeer" photographing the comet every night with his telescope? Michael Mattuzzio is. He somehow manages to find it exactly where it is supposed to be. Maybe he should stop wasting his time actually looking at the thing and get all his information from YouTube.

members.westnet.com.au...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Somebody said it's not uncommon for a comet to split like that. When has that happen before?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis

What did it do then?

It continues on its orbit. No-one has reported otherwise. Here is a video of the comet being struck by a CME. You will note that that the coma is blown away. This accounts for the decrease in brightness noted by astronomers. It does not turn or perform any intelligent maneuvers.

When you eventually remove your sunglasses and then view the videos that actually have the frames that follow your '4 second video' you will clearly see ELENIN bank to the left from the perspective of the camera.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There's so many that's false and that's correct on here these days regarding this comet.

I'm watching one source saying it's been hit and it's disintergrating, then I see or hear something else that says otherwise.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

This isn't even close to what is being discussed here. Why bring the cme into play? This event happens after the cme

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You managed to answer my question without actually answering my question, clever.

I asked is the video fake, wrong, proven hoax or even just not showing us what it says it is showing us? what is your opinion?

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I guess that you missed my post where you can look at the : stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov... page and see the same as your called youtubers posted...so where is the problem with this video?
And why you posted this old cme video...as a comparison with this elenin turning left?
I don't understand you sorry

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just for the sake of argument, and the plausibility that what we are hearing is true and we landed "on" Jupiter, one could essentially ignite the hydrogen in the atmosphere of the planet (yes, supposedly a planet) in an effort to create enough propulsion to effect Elenin? Break it up into two?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I may be wrong but the evidence you present OP and the replies from others makes me think that you may be on to something big with your post.

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
here is another thread discussing the same thing but from a different source...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

I guess that you missed my post where you can look at the : stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov... page and see the same as your called youtubers posted...so where is the problem with this video?
And why you posted this old cme video...as a comparison with this elenin turning left?
I don't understand you sorry

I have stared at the STEREO-B H1 animation on the official STEREO site and cannot see what the OP claims to see. Whatever it is, it's not Elenin. If you compare the position of the comet relative to the position of Stereo B on that date, you can plainly see that the comet would appear to be closer to the Sun than Mercury. The guy in the video is pointing to something further away from the Sun. What you people seem to think you're seeing is probably just dark current; static.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d81403eb6414.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dbcec35a14b.jpg[/atsimg]

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

I don't know why I bother sometimes.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe it's not elenin, maybe it's whatever was following in elenin's tail :>

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You call this static?
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Select HI1 ( middle red color )
Select SECCHI-B
Date 20110821
Days 09

and tell me that this is not elenin....what is it than?
And if you look this video a few times you can see that it is not broke into 2 pieces but it is the same as before just turned left for some reason- blast from jupiter or not - it turned left

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
You call this static?
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Select HI1 ( middle red color )
Select SECCHI-B
Date 20110821
Days 09

and tell me that this is not elenin....what is it than?
And if you look this video a few times you can see that it is not broke into 2 pieces but it is the same as before just turned left for some reason- blast from jupiter or not - it turned left

If I'm looking at the right blob, the singular one that is going lower left to upper right in the opposite direction to everything else, it hung a 60 degree left turn after Mercury went past it and on the last frames I thought it hit the brakes! Maybe it changed course on a heading away?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join