It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kouprey: the one animal you don't wanna find in your neck of the wood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Kouprey is a forest Ox. A painting of this mysterious Ox was founded in ancient Chinese cave dated back to B.C. time era. Zoologist once believe this animal was just a mythical animal and was place in the same category as a unicorn until it was discover in the Cambodian jungle in the 20th century. It was a shock to the Zoologist community because all large mammals was already has been discover in the 19th century.

What so mysterious about the Kouprey?
-Is the only cattle species that live in the forest
-Is the only cattle species that EAT SNAKE!
-Is the only mammal that GROW HORN OUT OF IT OWN HORN (sign of evil?)
-the discover of Kouprey, seem like the animal just appear out of thin air.
- the local believe Kouprey horn have special power

Folklore from Northern Cambodia describes a large wild ox that natives insist is different from the two other species of wild bovines known to live in the area, the gaur and the banteng. For a long time scientists ridiculed these stories. Without even investigating the kouprey directly,........scientists decided to actually investigate the problem instead of making opinion-based pronouncements from their offices half a world away. The kouprey was not a hybrid. It was a new species, and it was so different from all other wild oxen that it was proposed that it should occupy a genus all its own, Novibos. Its status as a species became official in 1961. Today, the kouprey is still almost as elusive as a mythical animal. Scientists have only rarely been able to observe it in the wild, usually from a distance. Despite their status as an official species, koupreys have had more adventures in the field of cryptozoology since then

Ancient Khmer legend say that an sighting of kouprey in your kingdom is sign of BAD OMEN meaning the entire kingdom will cover in blood in the coming near future, kind of like a warning sign.

is it true? you be the judge. It has Happened TWICE in the 20th century one in France and one in Cambodia

There was a Kouprey sighting in France, then Nazi Germany attack France start of world War 2 (the Holocaust begin)
Then the Kouprey was seen in Cambodia then the Khmer Rouge took over Cambodia and start a genocide killing over 2 millions people (one of the worst genocide in the 20th century)

Then Kouprey disappear and was never seen again, one Zoologist say "Kouprey disappear quickly as it appear"

Has it been capture before? Yes was but mysterious disappear while it was in captivity with the lock on and no foot print of it escape like it just vanish in thin air

documentary of the legendary Kouprey
www.youtube.com... part 1
youtu.be... part 3

cant find part 2

edit on 30-8-2011 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
How did such an animal show up in france? are you sure it wasnt a cow?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

watch the documentary Part 3, it will tell you about it
edit on 30-8-2011 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar

Actually, i researched it. The one spotted in france lived at the Paris zoo for years.... hardly spotted i must say

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Found this video on the critter. I was surprised to learn of this animal. I assumed most "cattle" were domesticated or descendants of European domesticated "beef" I'd never heard of a "Forest Bull"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
Found this video on the critter. I was surprised to learn of this animal. I assumed most "cattle" were domesticated or descendants of European domesticated "beef" I'd never heard of a "Forest Bull"

www.youtube.com...

werid aint it? how it just appear and disappear after the Europe holocaust & Cambodian genocide. Could the legend be true that this animal only come to warn the kingdom of bad omen coming in the near future?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If memory serves me correctly, this is the same beast that from Roman times until around the 1200 CE was such a prize to hunt. It was quite challenging to hunt as it was fearless and would fight to the death, which all to often was the hunters fate and not the beasts. Though I was under the impression it had been hunted to extinction. Now they never mentioned the part about it disappearing or appearing out of thin air in the history books. Now that's a challenge for the hunt! Nice find OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i find this, it seem like every time they capture it ether die or mysterious escape

findarticles.com...

In 1964, Cambodia's Prince Sihanouk - who once kept a kouprey calf on his palace grounds - declared the kouprey his country's national animal. That same year, Wharton went back to Cambodia on a disastrous mission to capture kouprey for breeding. In one unbelievable mishap after another, his crew captured five of the animals and then lost all of them - two died and three simply escaped.

Even zoologist Charles Wharton capture one back in 1950 but it mysterious escape and here what he say about it.

"It's almost like the thing has some sort of an ancient spell over it that man is not to learn about or capture this animal."

new topics

top topics

join