It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Interview With Neil Cavuto 8/30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ron Paul has yet another interview on a mainstream media network tonight, this time on Fox Business with Neil Cavuto.

He discusses FEMA, the flaws with the system as well as the beaurocracy of it that bothers him. He believes that governors could handle this type of situation if the National Guard helped out. Paul says that in the long run the suffering will be worse if we continue to deal with disasters in the current manner, because we won't have money to pay for this at the federal level. He says that in his district, he's had more complaints regarding FEMA than all of the other government agencies combined.

Cavuto touches up on his opinion that "nobody takes [him] seriously" and claims that "there's no way for [him] to win". :shk:

There are MSM interviews to come tonight and I'll post them as soon as they're up. Personally I wasn't satisfied with this interview, because they really didn't talk about too much. Hopefully the other ones will cover more topics
edit on 30-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul is everywhere.

So much for the myth of him being ignored by the media.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Yeah dude ever since Jon Stewart blew the lid off of the MSMs attitude towards him, it seems that he's been getting a lot more interviews. I don't know if that made them realize how obvious their bias against him was and helped to fix up their attitude, or if the e-mails complaining about their negative outlook on Ron Paul had anything to do with it, or maybe even his steadily increasing poll numbers have earned him their respect.

I believe it's a combination of all three, mainly the first two though, but the simple fact is that Ron Paul is exploding, both with the people and the MSM: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed56f6662f60.jpg[/atsimg]

However that wasn't the case a few weeks ago:

PEJ also looked specifically at the network morning andevening news programs, primetime cable news programs and Sunday morning shows on August 14 and 15. The results?

According to that analysis, Paul was mentioned just 29 times. By comparison, Perry was mentioned 371 times, Bachmann was mentioned 274 times, and Romney was mentioned 183 times.
Source

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul is everywhere.

So much for the myth of him being ignored by the media.

Ron Paul is not everywhere.

A majority of the time his is on is because they think they can put him in a bad spotlight.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
An interesting element of that video is the discussion of Gary Johnson, former New Mexico Governor and recently declared presidential candidate. Seems he is the latest to be shunned. Makes me want to do quite a lot of research.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This guy's crazy. Getting rid of bureaucracies, minding our own business, ending the private banking cartel AND adhering to the Constitution. It's all totally insane! Our founders would have wanted America to end up as a fascist plutocracy. /end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Didn't you just make a post about how he's being ignored by the media yet everyday there are like 3 new videos of him on some show or another.

Guess he's not being ignored so you guys have to find something else to blame his low poll numbers on.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wait a sec, if Ron Paul goes up against Obama, that will surely give Obama a second term.
Remember what happened the last time Obama went up against an old man?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Didn't you just make a post about how he's being ignored by the media yet everyday there are like 3 new videos of him on some show or another.

Guess he's not being ignored so you guys have to find something else to blame his low poll numbers on.
Yeah he's getting more attention than he was a few weeks ago. But kro, you keep forgetting that there are still at least 10 debates left, and dozens of other interview opportunities. His poll numbers will steadily increase as the election grows nearer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Wait a sec, if Ron Paul goes up against Obama, that will surely give Obama a second term.

Yes, but that old man was truly "old" in the sense that his ideas were tired. McPain is no different than Bush or Obama. Ron Paul is young because his mind is young, he is fresh and his ideas are fresh. That is why his age will not hinder his performance.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Ron Paul = Old Man.

John McCain = Old Man.

John McCain = Ron Paul

John McCain = Loser.

Ron Paul = Loser.

Nice logic

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

It's certainly possible. I had no idea there were 10 more debates so thanks for the heads up. I do believe Ron Paul needs to change his strategy and start going on the attack a bit more. I think this would get him more in the spotlight and make others have to deal with him.

He seems just to be relying on his message to sway voters but it's not really working.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I'm starting to think you are a government shill because you never miss a chance at dissing Ron. If you don't like the man, don't comment. We've heard enough about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

I will quit commenting when people quit posting. So having a difference of opinion makes me a shill huh? That's very adult of you.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It's certainly possible. I had no idea there were 10 more debates so thanks for the heads up. I do believe Ron Paul needs to change his strategy and start going on the attack a bit more. I think this would get him more in the spotlight and make others have to deal with him.

He seems just to be relying on his message to sway voters but it's not really working.
I think we should let Ron Paul decide how to reach the people.

And here's a schedule of the upcoming debates, I'm suprised you didn't know that there were that many because I posted a link to that schedule in the OP of another Ron Paul thread that you commented in....

Based on that website there are actually 21 more Republican debates, so there is still plently of time for his poll numbers to climb.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks Tupac i'll keep an eye out for them. Great thread as usual so star and flag for you

edit on 30-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
O my if Ron Paul debated Obama! that would be amazing!

Heres Obama" blah blah umm blah blah umm umm blah change hope blah umm. I got bin laden bishes!

Ron Paul would run circles.
edit on 30-8-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by airjoker88

O my if Ron Paul debated Obama! that would be amazing!

Hears Obama" blah blah umm blah blah umm umm blah change hope blah umm. I got bin laden bishes!

Ron Paul would run circles.
Yeah I would pay to see that. But Obama's campaign promise wasn't "I will get Osama Bin Laden!", it was "I will bring our troops home", so waving that card around is just another reminder of how he lied to get elected.

Here's what Ron Paul would say in a debate with Obama, skip to 4:45 in the video:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I was being sarcastic with osama :p

and I mean Ron Paul would run circles on Obama.

edit on 30-8-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join