It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Government is now " The Federal Family" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This just makes me cringe.

Obama now calls the federal government "The Federal Family"

Here is a link to one example. www.foxnews.com...
Who is he to give these new names to things that have been the same for hundreds of years.
Has a dictator sound to it.....

edit on 30-8-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

www.menafn.com...[a26b7198-%201450-4f5a-befb-1d3a2cb7c78f

Shame that link wont work properly.

I really don't know what to say about this, I mean for the most part I am and have been for a while fully aware of the divide between people and government. It comes as no surprise at least to me that they consider themselves more important than the rest of us, this is just another small proof its, "Us vs Them".

-Lightrule
edit on 30-8-2011 by Lightrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Maybe he is just referencing how they are all actually related in some way through bloodlines.

www.youtube.com...

No but seriously, this is ridiculous. The way of the government for the last good while. Up is down, Left is right, Red is green, Government is family. If anything this is probably just an attempt at PR and changing perspective with propaganda per usual.

The more I look at Obama, the creepier he gets to me.

edit on 30-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
sounds almost like a mob gang.

"welcome to the family, boys. now get out there and be the breadwinner for your mama"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Plain old Orwellian double think/speak. War is peace, slavery is freedom etc.... They are brainwashing the sheeple. The amazing part is how many of the sheeple just accept such pronouncements with nary a whimper of protest or even the slightest question.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can see it now, " You do NOT speak against the family" . ....
I guess the federal prisons can become the " Federal Dog House"
Not to mention, you think your small family does not get along.
A government that employs over a million people., a family of over a million people, brings on a whole new meaning of, " Family fight".

This sounds like a communist term .

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The Federal Government is now " The Federal Family"
Yep, we're all just one big family, and don't you forget it: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d6749e33462.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 30-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm not certain what he said was as nefarious as all that. He seems to be talking about it more like it's a business (which is bad enough), where a corporation will call itself a "family".

/TOA

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Our Family is far larger than your family. Feds.
Want to scrap?
Too bad, we're gonna scrap anyway.
and soon.
Count on it.

"federal family"

no $%^&!

Because the fed is owned/run/operated/perpetuated by just a couple families.
So, Now they are just starting to care less if everyone knows.
Little do they know...
Their whole family is going to be eaten.
Skull+Bones and all.

F.U."federal family"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe they should change Federal to Feral while they're at it - the Feral Government and the Feral Family.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I really haven't liked the words and phrases the teleprompter has been making Obaama say lately. No, I didn't spell his name wrong accidently.

Referring to them as The Family is chilling. It makes one imagine the mafia or Hillary's comment about the village raising the children.

I would never disrespect my family and the Federal Government deserves none of my respect. I'd never ever consider any branch of this Nazi regime to be any family I'd want to invite over for holiday dinner. They can keep their damned Christmas card, too.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well, of course government is a Family. I've known that for years. The state is a family, all right...in Don Corleone's sense of the word.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For months, years even, I heard the comparison to how families have to 'tighten their belts' in order to keep their finances in check and how the government should do the same. In other words, act more like a family.

Government program spending too much money doing redundant work of another, independent, government program? Have them work together. Like a family.

Every time these comparisons were made, an obscure blog post is made by a 'liberal' somewhere insisting that the government isn't a family and shouldn't be held to those same standards. The president isn't your daddy and stop trying to portray him as such.

Now this: "omg they called themselves a family!!1 fascists!!!"

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why not call it what it is..

Anyone know how many family members are on the payroll of the pollies??
Six Figure jobs to do nothing....
Probably even employ their pets as watchdogs etc at taxpayers expense...

top topics

join