It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The golden Arches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I’m curious as to what would happen financially as well as socially if say, Mc Donald’s shut down globally for a 24 hour period. I know this seems stupid but as many mc Donald’s there are globally with the food cost / buying with the wages of workers. Just one day where no revenue was made by the McDonalds people and no money going out to vendors or to employees paychecks, how would this effect our world that is in my eyes so dependent on Mc Donald’s? And kids not getting a happy meal oooohhhh nooo.

edit on 30-8-2011 by saintsjunky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
But then what would I eat when I am hungover?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If McDonalds were closed I would go across the street to the KFC or El Pollo Loco! Seriously there is minimal effect.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The world would be way better without these child exploiters.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
I’m curious as to what would happen financially as well as socially if say, Mc Donald’s shut down globally for a 24 hour period. I know this seems stupid but as many mc Donald’s there are globally with the food cost / buying with the wages of workers. Just one day where no revenue was made by the McDonalds people and no money going out to vendors or to employees paychecks, how would this effect our world that is in my eyes so dependent on Mc Donald’s? And kids not getting a happy meal oooohhhh nooo.

edit on 30-8-2011 by saintsjunky because: (no reason given)

I will tell you from experience that when a mcdonalds runs out of French fries or double cheeseburgers, that the patrons get mad. I'm not talking like "oh gosh golly gee whizz where are the cheeseburgers?" I watched this go down in front of my eyes and it was more like a "WTF you have no fries or cheeseburgers?!? Ima jump over this counter and look for myself, how DARE you not have the fast food I require?!?"

If the Internet turned off, and fast food ran out, god help us all.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As we already saw during the London riots, people will break in and cook their own food.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

Dog is right, if they shut down McDonalds for a day, people would not take it lightly. I was a manager there, and if a football team ordered all of ourMcChicken, I would get pop thrown back at me. It's ridiculous the way people act over the food there. Getting mad over gavin no McDonalds is the most exercise most of them get. It's sad really.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

There are about 600 Mcdonald's globally in approximately 120 countries and they serve around 60 million people a day. So.....lets say each person spends around $10.00 each x 60 million = $600,000,000.00....

That is a lot of money to lose in a day. The children I am guessing would miss their happy meal that day....but may eat a healthier meal at home.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I agree with your last comment 101%. The kids would have a far better meal at home. In fact, when my wife's kids fancy a burger now, I just thrown on my apron, go in the kitchen and in 20 minutes they are enjoying a burger with real meat and fresh grown salad, no corn syrup sauces either. Far much better for them.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

so 600 mil in lost revenue..... for the company...but would the money saved by the people out weigh the wages lost by the employees globally for that day ? Remember these employees use that money to pump back into local economys around the world..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i worked for mds distrabution center you gota think thay all stoped for day it would affect warehouse men and tuck drivers delvering or not delevering in this cass

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

E.to add
also "food" supplyers and some dare i say farms would feel it also

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

thats the line of thought i was going for ...not just rap i cant get a mcdouble for one day

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Do not even mention the idea. I can't imagine waking up to no more $1 large sweet tea! Its about the only thing I get from MickyD's. Can't tolerate their food, but don't fudge with my seet tea!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I myself could not live without my Quarter Pounder with Cheese!

yep I am an addict

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

There are about 600 Mcdonald's globally in approximately 120 countries

There is no way that could be possible! There has to be thousands, no???

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

McDonald's operates over 31,000 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 1.5 million people.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky

McDonald's operates over 31,000 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 1.5 million people.

Yep, just another greedy corporation that needs to be shut down,

...never mind the millions that would be affected as a result.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

this is da point !!! i know everyone hates the greedy vampire coorperations but they ususally provide alot of jobs and a service..even if it minimum wage

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That is what I read in an article about McDonalds. It seems to me there should be more too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join