It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Believe me, I don't believe everything I hear via MSM either, but in some cases one must put aside the tin-hat and look at reality as it is being told and one can see with their own eyes.

No, unless you saw Gadaffis wife do it, then your tin hat is still on.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
so they signed some paper in 2005 to make this happen in weeks and now its 2011 i didn't understand that.
i have a very hard time believing that france could topple libia without the help of the us.From what i understand about it the privite army of the us is leading the way

Yerp, the good old United States of Israel is doing what it does best, killing goyim.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Love thy neighbor
I can't believe that people are buying the mainstream media's story on this. After KNOWING we have been lied to in the past so much, this story never added up to me. This war is certainly not about human rights.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Love thy neighbor because: .

I'm not saying that I "buy the mainstream media's story" and that NATO supported the rebels due to some just cause, but I can't grasp the logic behind the statement that there were no atrocities under the Gaddafi regime.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Im not saying your wrong, however unless you are there you REALLY dont know....Debunk? why dont you prove for a FACT that no human rights have been violated...I am sorry but a report from a political group proves nothing to me....Look at the Nazi past and how it was reported to us the Jews were treated well (as well as any other group the Nazis wanted to persecute) Ignorance truely is bliss my friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

What you say is valid but whether you vote them in because you were dazzled by their agenda but not knowing what they will do once in power, is the same situation even a well educated person has. The problem still remains they should step down when majority rules no less no more and if you don't it makes you tyrant even buy the littlest amount
and thats with out geting into the way he has ruled over the years.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Let me guess. Uday and Qusay were humanitarians as well?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Now when did I say everyone who the West targets is a humanitarian or a saint?

Iraq was already warring nation which unjustly attacked Iran (and other countries in the past) and mind you, the West was backing Iraq then.

Libya on the other hand, hasn't waged war on any nation since Gaddafi came to power. The US, France and UK have been plotting to overthrow Gaddafi for a very long time through wars, false flag attacks and whatever came to their mind.

Either than that, Please keep the thread on topic and on Gaddafi.
edit on 30-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by wcitizen

If he is such a great guy, why have a population of 6 million people allowed a few thousand
fighters to remove him from power?

Let's not forgot those few thousand "rebels" are well funded, armored, & protected by NATO & the west. Oh yeah, and let's also not forget NATO is bombing the hell outta Libya. I wonder what the gun laws are like in Libya & if the citizens are even armed at all

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Let me guess. Uday and Qusay were humanitarians as well?

I have no doubt that overwhelming and damning information could be submitted against any living human being at anytime.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That can be easily faked, first off

Well to start with
#If Shweyga Mullah was really burned CNN would have already called,brought a doctor to her from rebel held areas or they could have taken her to a hospital

#Why would cameraman beam her Blue UV Light into her face if she has been burned by booling water? some people when injured can not stand such lights because of the side effects of the burns.

#The setting looks prefectly stagted almost as for a movie.

As for the burns on her face and hands its pretty easy these days to fake them in matter of mins

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable

What you say is valid but whether you vote them in because you were dazzled by their agenda but not knowing what they will do once in power, is the same situation even a well educated person has. The problem still remains they should step down when majority rules no less no more and if you don't it makes you tyrant even buy the littlest amount
and thats with out geting into the way he has ruled over the years.

I agree the world should listen to the people of these nations on the matter of governance.However the much of the evidence is not real in this case.I really dont think this is what the people want.
look at the revolt in iran that was the most real thing i have seen there just wasn't doubt that was the people and we done nothing.Then we turn around and damn this guy when the people are not behind it so much that the rebels are al kiada from other places.This is about the world banks.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Some are worse than others, would you not agree? I don't like the fact that my neighbor never cuts his lawn, but I'm not going to machine gun him for it, nor feed him into a meat grinder.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Bloody good show!

You should know CNN Always make there stories dramatic to catch the western viewer attention.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well well it seems that Kryties is a pro rebel suppoter well no surpise there

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Some are worse than others, would you not agree? I don't like the fact that my neighbor never cuts his lawn, but I'm not going to machine gun him for it, nor feed him into a meat grinder.

Some are worse sometimes but all are flawed at birth and the act of taking a human life anytime other than immediately saving oneself or another is not acceptable. imo

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I take it you understand the politics at the time the UN report was issued? Oh darn it of course you don't otherwise you would not have created this thread and I would not need to add this :

www.amnesty.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

another rebel suppoter eh? just asking.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeGuitar

My statement really wasn't directed to you. It was just a general statement to anyone who does buy the "official" story.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

sorry, but what, if anything, does this prove about Libya except for "Gaddafi's wife is an insane monster."

yes, its tragic that a dictators wife could abuse this woman and get away with it due to her status, but that type of social/economic injustice happens EVERYWHERE, and is something the west has perfected.

I think we should be having a more focused debate on the different visual discrepancies many have pointed out in the media coverage of this "rebellion." there is enough there to keep us all very busy- esp footage of an independence square rally by al jazeera that is certainly not real. has anyone debunked that yet?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

I take it you understand the politics at the time the UN report was issued? Oh darn it of course you don't otherwise you would not have created this thread and I would not need to add this :

www.amnesty.org...

I took a look at your link and i dont think that report warrented an invasion.The main thing i saw was 6.5 million people and only hundreds of reports of personal violations.Thats not that bad.Could be improved though not like this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join