It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Government is trying to FORCE people to be Christians!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The government is using OUR taxpayer money to build mega-churches to force people to be Christians. I also think that the United Nations support Christianity. They know that people are becoming more spiritually enlightened and they don't want that to happen. They want people to follow the book again and they know that they can get people to trust the government again if they are believing in The Bible!

They want to take away the "God is love message" and revert people back into believing that God is a slave master that wants you to do X, Y, and Z, or you deserve to suffer for all eternity. Such belief systems are great for empowering the government. What do you think of all of this?

Take a look at this link:
Taxpayer's Money To Christianize US Troops

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well christianity is a great way to control a whole lot of people!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The First Amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Separation of church and state

If you accept otherwise you are a sheep and deserve what happens to you.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think the wording for the title of this thread should be "all Western societies thorughout history and still to modern times force Christianity on the masses outwith the financial strain on there country"

I'll give you its less catchy but it is entirely accurate,

Take legal situations, swearing on bibles/God, building and funding chruches throughout the world, helping to prop up christian based charities, "in god we trust" tripe everywhere

it is a horrible constant and should be an entirley seperate entity from the state using its own funding for any endevours it is attempting.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I am 110 percent sure that these yahoos in the video were never in the US military. I was for pretty much all of my adult life and NOONE was sent on vacations to beach resorts or christian retreats. That's just silly. Unless you consider spending 11 months out of the year deployed in some god awful place or in the field training a retreat lmao.
Any vets or active duty ATSers ever heard of such nonsense?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
They want to take away the "God is love message" and revert people back into believing that God is a slave master that wants you to do X, Y, and Z, or you deserve to suffer for all eternity.

So because someone believes in a god, they're suddenly slaves? Lol, nice troll.
I'm Christian, yet haven't been to church in over ten years. I don't praise my beliefs to anyone and I'm more anti-big brother then anything. And last time I checked, which again was over ten years ago, the church didn't demand me to do jack diddly squat for the government.

I think the post and subsequent video posted is more or less about bashing Christians then anything else.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Actually, yeah, you are a slave.

You believe there's a magical being who will punish you if you do not behave in a manner that pleases him.

Or maybe you don't, in which case you're not a Christian (or any other religion of note, for that matter.)

Granted it's slavery to your own neuroses rather than any tangible being, but hey, the result is the same.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Could you point me to more info on this mega-church? For example, is it a non-denominational chapel, meant to be used by all faiths, or is it really only a Christian church?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

They want to take away the "God is love message" and revert people back into believing that God is a slave master that wants you to do X, Y, and Z, or you deserve to suffer for all eternity.

So because someone believes in a god, they're suddenly slaves? Lol, nice troll.
I'm Christian, yet haven't been to church in over ten years. I don't praise my beliefs to anyone and I'm more anti-big brother then anything. And last time I checked, which again was over ten years ago, the church didn't demand me to do jack diddly squat for the government.

I think the post and subsequent video posted is more or less about bashing Christians then anything else.

Yep, you are a slave. Don't forget, The Jewish Sky Zombie is your Master, and he is your sheppard because you are all sheeple. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Perhaps some in our military know who their enemy is - the Satanic NWO who are using our military to obtain dominance around the world.
And the UN supporting Christianity? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
NOT

Fine, keep thinking that pure and simple Christianity is the root of all problems around the world - whatever helps to keep you in blindness to the force rising around you. Look around - societies are falling apart, traditional families are denigrated at every opportunity, 'leaders' are nonchalant at slaughtering people around the world, our economies are being purposely driven to extinction, Satanic/Illuminati symbology everywhere, small farmers being driven off their lands, Genetic Modification of our natural food crops, ....I could go on and on and on.

Our government spends millions on studying how cows fart and how pigs fly, but you have a problem if part of their budget is spent on religious spending on support of troops, who are asked to go into life and death situations? I guess that most of these past two generations do believe that they are from goo and simply die and go nowhere...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Perhaps some in our military know who their enemy is - the Satanic NWO who are using our military to obtain dominance around the world.
And the UN supporting Christianity? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
NOT

Fine, keep thinking that pure and simple Christianity is the root of all problems around the world - whatever helps to keep you in blindness to the force rising around you. Look around - societies are falling apart, traditional families are denigrated at every opportunity, 'leaders' are nonchalant at slaughtering people around the world, our economies are being purposely driven to extinction, Satanic/Illuminati symbology everywhere, small farmers being driven off their lands, Genetic Modification of our natural food crops, ....I could go on and on and on.

Our government spends millions on studying how cows fart and how pigs fly, but you have a problem if part of their budget is spent on religious spending on support of troops, who are asked to go into life and death situations? I guess that most of these past two generations do believe that they are from goo and simply die and go nowhere...

That's exactly what we are. There was no Jesus, there is no God and the bible is a storybook for people who can't think for themselves. It's just the truth, you should learn to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ok exactly how is the government wasting $28 mil on building a church forcing people to believe in Christianity? If anything, the title of this thread should read " Government wasting taxpayer money... What else is new?". Plus the 1st admendment doesn't state seperation of church and state. I'm so tired of people regurgitating that garbage. It states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". How come people are willing to stand up to the government on this particular issue but all the other rights they trample on everyone is quiet?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Fine, keep thinking that pure and simple Christianity is the root of all problems around the world...

I never said that Christianity itself was the problem.

We are broke and are supposed to be saving money, and our government is supposed to be secular, not spending taxpayer's dollars on ANY religious institution. It's not even that Christians requested this. The government is building their own mega-churches to promote THEIR form of Christianity.

Originally posted by billy197300
I am 110 percent sure that these yahoos in the video were never in the US military. I was for pretty much all of my adult life and NOONE was sent on vacations to beach resorts or christian retreats. That's just silly. Unless you consider spending 11 months out of the year deployed in some god awful place or in the field training a retreat lmao.
Any vets or active duty ATSers ever heard of such nonsense?

This is happening recently. The YoungTurks is a new organization and they posted this video today (or maybe yesterday).

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

So because someone believes in a god, they're suddenly slaves?

I never said that someone who believes in a god is a slave. You are misinterpreting what I said, which is a shame because I was fairly elaborate. I said they want to revert people back into believing THAT God is a slave-master...

edit on 30-8-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No, you're the slave here not me. Because unlike you, I can live with not worrying about what everyone else believes or doesn't believe. I don't have to spend my time, on forums trying to convince other people that their belief is nonsense. I just don't have to worry about it. I'm free.

Also, as long as I don't murder anyone, try to steal my neighbors wife etc. I'm in no stress. Why, you saying I'd do that if I wasn't a Christian? Is that what you mean?

Originally posted by Swanfilters
That's exactly what we are. There was no Jesus, there is no God and the bible is a storybook for people who can't think for themselves. It's just the truth, you should learn to deal with it.

That's YOUR belief. I don't run around making fun of Darwin or ridicule those who don't believe in a god now do I? I'd expect at least the same gesture of respect in return. But of course I won't get it, you guys are just as bad as the Christians you claim to hate.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Frontkjemper because: Added qoute.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
IF american government had ever in the PAST tried to force christianity upon its military, citizens, that would be a myth of the past, know the government is trying to take religion out of our lives, infact I would say if any religion is being pushed it would be Islam. I think by the end of this year maybe early next year american government will show its ture colors/intents...(NWO, one world religion, government)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I am pretty sure that the Chapel in question is not an Evangelical Christian Church. It is a multi religious chapel for everything from Evangelical, Catholic, Jewish AND Islam! Its just a chapel. Its not there to Christianise the Military Service members. These two Nutjobs in the video have zero clue. To those of you who arent Christians: GET OVER IT! This country is populated way more Christians than Non-christians. Muslums, Jews, Buddhists, Zenists, Penists, and Athiests are all allowed to to use the 28 Trazillion dollar chapel for their own heathen purposes as well as Christians. End of Story.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

[We are broke and are supposed to be saving money, and our government is supposed to be secular, not spending taxpayer's dollars on ANY religious institution. It's not even that Christians requested this. The government is building their own mega-churches to promote THEIR form of Christianity]

Servicemen throughout time have sought religious confirmation that they wont go to hell for what they have to do, that they will be protected during times of danger, and that there families will be provided for if somethings goes wrong. Seeing the latest casualty/KIA to enemy killed numbers, I would say that prayer is working for them. GFY
edit on 30-8-2011 by overseer1136 because: Forgot to seperate the unintelligent quote from my own reply to said stupidity!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
IF american government had ever in the PAST tried to force christianity upon its military, citizens, that would be a myth of the past, know the government is trying to take religion out of our lives, infact I would say if any religion is being pushed it would be Islam. I think by the end of this year maybe early next year american government will show its ture colors/intents...(NWO, one world religion, government)

Obviously this isn't true since the American government JUST spent 4 million on a new MEGA-Church to convert people AND give the Christians benefits and not the non-believers.

The American Government hates Islam AND that want to put the American Muslims against the American non-Muslims. It's a conspiracy to divide and conquer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
— Edward Gibbon

Don't feel so hard done by, Americans.....

I live under a Monarchy, the objective of which is to "withold the faith".

We don't have separation of church and state, consider yourselves lucky. Don't let them destroy your constitution.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by overseer1136

Things may be different now but when I was in the military chaplins would pray and talk with EVERYONE of all faiths. That is their job. They don't push any certain religion on anyone. This video is nothing but propaganda nonsense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join