It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moreland UFO Sighting 1959

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hey everybody,

Came across another interesting UFO case at the NZ site. The Moreland sighting has not been mentioned on ATS, so thought I would throw it out there for ya. Would love to see what you think about it.

Date: Monday 13 July 1959
Time: Between 0530 - 0545 hrs.
Duration: 2-3 mins.
Witness: Mrs Eileen Moreland
Weather conditions: Dark morning, cold and still, with thick cloud layer at approx. 2,000ft. (Estimated)

On 13 July 1959 at 5.30 am Mrs Eileen Moreland was walking across a flat paddock to bring in the small herd of cows for milking. The paddock where the cows were, was surrounded by trees After turning on the milking shed light, Mrs Moreland set off across the paddock, torch in hand, to collect the cows. She was well-clad as the morning was cold and there was a thick layer of cloud over the district at an estimated height of 2,000 feet. Half-way across the paddock, some 50 yards from the shed, she noticed an unusual green glow, emanating from the cloud above and bathing the area in a ghastly light. She stopped and looked directly upwards, thinking that it could not be the moon, as it was in the wrong place.Then suddenly, two green lights, "like eyes", appeared through the clouds, circled by a band of orange lights. All about her the ground was illuminated by the sickly-green light, and, looking at herself and her hands, she saw that she too was bathed in this green glow.

Feeling that she did not want to stay put, she bolted for the pinus radiata trees bordering the paddock. The cows could be seen plainly in the light and she ran among them and stood against the trunk of one of the pine trees. Turning around from the shelter of the trees, she saw a flatish, saucer-shaped object slowly descending from about 50 feet above the ground. It stopped it's smooth descent some 30 feet above the ground and hovered about 15 feet above a group of peach trees (10-15 feet high.)The ratio of height to width of the object was about 1:3 - it was between 7 ½ - 8 ft high and some 20 - 25 feet across. There were two circumferential rows of orange-green 'jets' set into bands at the top and bottom of the main body of the object. The jets were brilliant orange in colour, with greenish centers, and faded to the outside, through orange to yellow. They made a faint hissing noise and were located on metallic bands about 1 ½ feet in towards the center from the upper and lower edges of the object. (If the bands had been 2 ft wide, say, there would have been about 1 ½ ft between the two - the total depth of this arrangement being about 4 ½, possibly 5 ft.)

....Please read full article here: www.ufocusnz.org.nz...

Mrs Moreland was questioned by Air Force personnel who visited the area. Furthermore, they indicated that residual radiation had been detected where the object was seen.Brown pigmented areas developed on her face, and she referred these conditions to her doctor. The brown patches on her face persisted - the last blotch, over her right eyebrow, washed off some six years afterwards.An account of Mrs Moreland's experiences made its way into the papers and created such interest that their farm was plagued by hordes of inquisitive sightseers. People wandered all over the property, uninvited, leaving gates open, upsetting the cows and generally creating such a nuisance that, should either of the Morelands see another object, they would prefer to just 'shut up' about it.Later on, it was noticed that the row of fruit trees beneath the position where the UFO had hovered, died and had to be pulled out. However, grass in the vicinity grew at a much faster rate, was several times taller and much greener than grass elsewhere.

Mrs Moreland underwent a series of audiotone readings in Wellington, supervised by Air Force personnel, to determine the noise levels of the object. These placed hovering noise at 15,000 cycles, and climbing noise (a high-pitched scream) at 150,000 cycles. The 'Moreland UFO' remains a classic case in UFO lore. Enquiries still come in about it from all over the world.Mrs Moreland spoke to Professors McDonald and Hynek during their respective visits to this country - both were very impressed by her account of the incident.

The Moreland material is particularly important and interesting. The case directly contributed to the collapse of the Adamski groups throughout New Zealand because what Mrs Moreland saw was nothing like the Venusian or Saturnian spacecraft promoted by Adamski. The case was widely re-reported in overseas UFO newsletters." - B. Dickeson, 2006.)

This report is complete with drawings and I can only imagine being in her shoes!

Hope you guys enjoy!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the very interesting story; it's one I haven't heard about. Quite a sighting, too. Funny how the debunkers who believe that every sighting can be explained by super-secret military craft never seem to address sightings such as this....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I'm sure Budd Hopkins would have told you this meets all the criteria for a "possible experiencer." Look at the time of the incident, "0530." I wonder if they "dropped her off" with no conscious memory! Perhaps she sensed something even more deeply disturbing about the encounter but didn't report (only reported the ufo) because she thought they'd really think she was nuts then!

Food 4 thought

edit on 30-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: Present to past tense. RIP Budd

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I agree with your response. I'm not so sure if it had happened to me, that I would have ever told a soul -especially back then! I can only imagine being in her shoes, and she was brave to have come forth with her experience.

Didn't realize Hopkins had passed. If I had read that in the past, I didn't retain it but will now. Thanks for that info. Yeah.. RIP Budd.. I agree, if there are adbuctions truly going on, she'd def fit the bill. Too many have had these claims, so imo there is something going on! For now, we can only speculate as to what.

Appreciate your reply!
edit on 30-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I think a lot of leading "abduction researchers" have agreed on one thing. If you've "seen a ufo up close" then you have probably been in one too. Even if you don't consciously remember!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

I think a lot of leading "abduction researchers" have agreed on one thing. If you've "seen a ufo up close" then you have probably been in one too. Even if you don't consciously remember!

There was a Brazilian judge who was offered telepathically a 1 hour trip in a UFO in the 60's, naturally he accepted.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'm sure Budd Hopkins would have told you this meets all the criteria for a "possible experiencer." Look at the time of the incident, "0530." I wonder if they "dropped her off" with no conscious memory! Perhaps she sensed something even more deeply disturbing about the encounter but didn't report (only reported the ufo) because she thought they'd really think she was nuts then!

Food 4 thought

edit on 30-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: Present to past tense. RIP Budd

Not to throw cold water on your theory--after all, I sorta have to agree--but 0530 is "milking time" in just about any part of the world where people keep cattle. Or, I should say, keep cattle for milking....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well, that is true...You are right about the milking time ... good point. Use to have ''milkers'' in the fam
and those cows can't wait! This lady could have been abducted at other times though... who knows?

Appreciate the reply!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I had thought of this as well. Although more information is necessary to really make any sort of educated guess.

All farmers get up early. But the article says she was already out walking around on the paddock at 5:30ish. If she was up at 4:30 say... and outside by 5 or before. This leaves a 1/2 hour for aliens to have taken her, done their business, dropped her off, and allowed her to see them (the conclusion of the event) before they disappeared. We need this woman to be an ATS member! Unfortunately, this was from 1959, so there's a chance Eileen isn't even with us anymore.

We really need to know what time she got out of bed that morning. That would help us construct a loose timetable.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What you said has stuck with me ever since ......and
Here I was all ready to agree and I dO... but oh crap...I /we have seen some up close and personal. I don't think or believe we were abducted though.... Although yikes...like you said, we may not conciously remember??? I never thought about it that way. No missing time here, thankfully , but dang scares me to think it could have happened and without my conciously remembering: That's a scary thought! Grrr YOU! lol .
edit on 5-9-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

I had thought of this as well. Although more information is necessary to really make any sort of educated guess.

All farmers get up early. But the article says she was already out walking around on the paddock at 5:30ish. If she was up at 4:30 say... and outside by 5 or before. This leaves a 1/2 hour for aliens to have taken her, done their business, dropped her off, and allowed her to see them (the conclusion of the event) before they disappeared. We need this woman to be an ATS member! Unfortunately, this was from 1959, so there's a chance Eileen isn't even with us anymore.

We really need to know what time she got out of bed that morning. That would help us construct a loose timetable.

Hi scram, and THanks again for your replies ..
I agree! Yeah, it would be great if we could interview her here. You have a point she may no longer be around though.

I'll try to google to see if I can find anything else on her, to see if anyone did any follow-up.. Maybe we can find a piece or two more for the puzzle.

Yeah, we can only speculate as to what all could have happened with this woman.. We need more info!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
feeds.feedburner.com...

The Moreland Revelations
Other priorities prevented me from examining the New Zealand government UFO files at the time of their recent release. So I had a cursory look and saw the various reviews. It was however Dr. Michael Swords' excellent blog "The Big Study" post from September 14, 2011 "More Than Meets the eye with Moreland??" that drew me back to the New Zealand files with an enhanced level of fascination.

The files revealed that there was indeed much more to the classic Eileen Moreland CE3 incident. All previous material on the case had revealed this New Zealand case from 13 July 1959 as a striking low level UFO encounter in which the witness Eileen Moreland had observed 2 entities inside, seemingly "encased in silvery suits.... (with) headgear ... like divers helmets which glittered very brightly. They appeared to be normal sized people." One of the figures appeared to stand up and lean forward on its hands , possibly examining something between it and the other figure. The entity then returned to its original position, the object tilted slightly and started to rise, disappearing at high speed into cloud clover. The early morning encounter was apparently short lived but may have had some enduring effects.

Fred and Phyllis Dickeson reported the case in their NZ Scientific Space Research Group Journal soon after it occurred. It was a case that would split the tight pro-Adamski group alliances that were a dominant force at the time. The case and sketches based on material from Mrs. Moreland, confirming the limited entity features, were reproduced in the special 100th issue of SATCU XENOLOG magazine in 1975. The Dickesons' son Bryan revisited the case in the Australasian Ufologist magazine in 1999, but again the details were basically the same as reported in 1959 and 1975. I described the case in my 1996 book "The OZ Files" as I saw it as a striking case, happening so soon after the famous Father Gill Boianai Papua New Guinea events.

With the December 2010 New Zealand government UFO file release there were file holdings on the Moreland case, along with quite a number of pages blank with the typed explanation: "This document has been withheld from release to the public to preserve personal privacy in accordance with the official information act section 9 (2) a." The attached vetting statement for File number 244/10/1 Vol. No.1 elaborated, "While downgraded place caveat on Privacy/Medical grounds - informant was given assurance of confidentiality. Informant was 42 in 1959 so born 1917. Apply 70 years from last sensitive document = 1979. Public release 2040."

For see link for full/rest of article:
theozfiles.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Came across this in a blog "The Big Study: More Than Meets the Eye With Moreland ?" . I found it interesting. He was looking into the NZ released files and has some thoughts.

The "new"? information is so out-of-norm for my readings of the "old" case reports, that I'm almost doubting it's legitimacy. But it is directly out of the released documents of the New Zealand Air Force, and I read it there myself. If there is no colossal joke/hoax involved, this seems significant.

While pursuing web sites for the trace cases that were talked about on the blog recently, a site referred to these NZAF documents. Out of curiosity [and hoping to find material on the 1969 traces], I went and looked. No luck. But there were references to other NZ "Classics", ...

More here:. :

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

edit on 7-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

top topics

join