It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked cable: John McCain pushed to arm Qadhafi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
See? This is why we need wikiLeaks!

What I think is the MOST IMPORTANT reveal here is ghat Gadaffi was a "bad guy" and then a "good guy" and now he is a "bad guy" again.

It has NOTHING to do with what he does to his people and everything to do with banking and oil trading. Now he is on the menu and our CIA probably decided to support the dissidents who have been in Libya their ENTIRE LIVES.

It doesn't matter if it's al Qaeda, Mech, or Iranians in Libya -- they are useful to Big Oil and Big Banking so they are now fighting for Democracy.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

and John McCain says he not a war monger huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I believe the day will come in the not to distant future when we will wish Libya and Egypt were still under the control of Qadhafi and Mubarak.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The concept of not negotiating with terrorist is a joke.

Even Rome had the idea that you always get your people back. Talk or don't talk, whatever it takes.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No surprise.

John McCain lead the charge to keep the U.S. from going after Vietnam POWs after the war ended. Among many of us Vietnam Vets, he is a traitor.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
so why people even listen to this thread point of view.
i mean how come people even listen to this crap, whit all due respect to the op

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It’s what republicans do, that is why I will never vote a republican in office...NEVER, not even Ron 'GAH' PAUL! Between this news, the extremist tea party, bush economic failure and leadership that still haunts Americans today, the republican congress hurting and taking its frustrations out on the American people because of skin color.
‘ NOT PASSING THE RIGHT BILLS FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE‘, as well as the stimulus money that was for the American people and job creation that has been stolen or frozen by 87% in every direction but the right one.

They say 2012 will Be the end of the world, and if a republican is elected…IT WILL SURE BE THE END!!!!

'LETS BLAME THE BLACK MAN HUH'!
REAL-TALK

edit on 29-8-2011 by RealTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTalk

It’s what republicans do, that is why I will never vote a republican in office...NEVER, not even Ron 'GAH' PAUL! Between this news, the extremist tea party, bush economic failure and leadership that still haunts Americans today, the republican congress hurting and taking its frustrations out on the American people because of skin color.
‘ NOT PASSING THE RIGHT BILLS FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE‘, as well as the stimulus money that was for the American people and job creation that has been stolen or frozen by 87% in every direction but the right one.

They say 2012 will Be the end of the world, and if a republican is elected…IT WILL SURE BE THE END!!!!

'LETS BLAME THE BLACK MAN HUH'!
REAL-TALK

edit on 29-8-2011 by RealTalk because: (no reason given)

You can get over your racism bull anytime you want.
Its about the constitution not the skin.Ron paul lives this.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Pretty much all our "enemies" and many"terrorist" groups were, have been and will continue to be armed by us in enormous quantities.

Believe it was Terry Pratchett who pointed out that the primary point about the business of selling arms is that it is a business.
edit on 29-8-2011 by sepermeru because: edit is my new religion

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
This is the very nature of politics.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. You supply me with machine guns, and I'll promise to let you launch blackops from my region of the middle east. etc....

Remeber a guy named Saddam?

Remember a little place called Afghanistan? We armed them to fight the Soviets, and now they use the same hardware to kill our troops.

Life has a funny way of coming back to haunt you, oh yeah and no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm gonna give you a star simply because you've read my mind, I have always said this time and time again!
Thank you for providing those thoughts!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyWizard
so why people even listen to this thread point of view.
i mean how come people even listen to this crap, whit all due respect to the op

Okay, so now we know you disagree however, some of us agree with the OP and we listen because it matters to us

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Pervius

Totally brutal when you lay it out isn't it?

Really reminds me of confessions of an economic hit man, it's the one where that guy explains how they'd go in and make really generous evaluations of the economy, give poor country loans they can't pay then basically extort them into giving US companies the rights to their commodities and natural resources, even going so far as to private the water and driving the costs to absurd amounts. If they wouldn't accept the loans or do business then they would get rid of the leader either by a) attempting to stage a coup and bringing in the jackals, b) Assassinating them, or c) Sending in the military when all else fails (Iraq).

So yeah, we're seeing some interesting things happening right now in relation to this don't you think?

Read "Confessions of an Economic Hit-Man" HERE

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by boncho

Totally, although it seems odd in light of this:

He is a person who over time would — if he were able to succeed — would clearly train terrorists and export terrorism.”

If he was such a dangerous dictator then under Iraq standards they should have invaded back then right? Especially with Mccain 'pushing the issue forward in congress' I feel that there was quite obviously a suspicious agenda......

The phrase "we don't negotiate with terrorists" comes to mind......
edit on 28-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

A terrorist and a leader of a country that supports terror are two different things.

A terrorist state is something completely different all together. Ghaddifi was backlisted from all negotiations for a period and he made it back into the international scene be conceding certain things to international interests.

This whole thing is standard politics. And while I welcome information coming out in the public eye, you cannot expect political leaders to tell the public of everything that goes on in international politics. It would be suicidal.

Negotiations are done with all nations, and leverage is used to manipulate countries that might have anti-western agendas. You cannot blame Western leaders for participating in international politics.

Yes, in a broad perspective some of it is outrageous, but at the same time, some of it is very necessary.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyWizard

I don't really know what you're talking about here, if you want to criticize the article/cable then please do so in a way that others can read.

reply to post by eNaR

Thank you for posting that, I think it is a brilliant introduction to the world of modern western imperialism and really does lay out the covert and not so covert strategies used by the US to economically dominate other nations. Cheers

reply to post by Scytherius

I had no idea about that, I thought the basis for his campaign was that he WAS a pow and that gave him some credibility in this war environment, wow. What exactly did he do again? Pretty dynamite considering....

reply to post by Gorman91

Oh totally! Terrorism only applies to people not willing to kneel to the will and demands of the US in my opinion. Check out that book that has been mentioned "confessions of an economic hitman", its genius.

reply to post by habiff

Do you think so? I'm really not sure about what will happen there after this has all settled, it could be a good thing. Although one thing is for sure, there will be a struggle for power in the middle east and it will be definitely effect Israel, this could be pretty chaotic, especially when you add Iran into the equation. I guess a big question is whether the new Egyptian state will be pro Israel or not....

edit on 29-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
double post...
edit on 29-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I found this while I was researching the 1986 attack on Libya. It was the West Germans that were helping produce the gas weapons not the US.

Fooled into Bombing Libya
The following is from Victor Ostrovsky’s The Other Side of Deception, (Harper Collins, New York 1994) pages 113 to 117.

• “It’s the old Trojan dick trick.” He [Ephraim] lit a cigarette.

“What’s that?” ... I’d never heard it called that before.

“I knew that would get your attention,” he said, grinning. “Shimon activated Operation Trojan in February of this year [1986].”

I nodded. I’d still been in the Mossad when that order was given, and because of my naval background and acquaintance with most of the commanders in the navy, I participated in the planning for the operation as liaison with the navy.

A Trojan was a special communication device that could be planted by naval commandos deep inside enemy territory. The device would act as a relay station for misleading transmissions made by the disinformation unit in the Mossad, called LAP [LohAma Psicologit – psychological warfare], and intended to be received by American and British listening stations. Originating from an IDF navy ship out at sea, the prerecorded digital transmissions could be picked up only by the Trojan. The device would then rebroadcast the transmission on another frequency, one used for official business in the enemy country, at which point the transmission would finally be picked up by American ears in Britain.

The listeners would have no doubt they had intercepted a genuine communication, hence the name Trojan, reminiscent of the mythical Trojan horse. Further, the content of the messages, once deciphered, would confirm information from other intelligence sources, namely the Mossad. The only catch was that the Trojan itself would have to be located as close as possible to the normal origin of such transmissions, because of the sophisticated methods of triangulation the Americans and others would use to verify the source.

Here Mr. Ostrovsky describes in detail how in mid February 1986 the Mossad planted a radio relay device – the “Trojan” – in a rented apartment in Tripoli, the capital of Libya. However interesting, we cut to the consequences. One over-long paragraph has been broken up for clarity.

By the end of March, the Americans were already intercepting messages broadcast by the Trojan, which was only activated during heavy communication traffic hours. Using the Trojan, the Mossad tried to make it appear that a long series of terrorist orders were being transmitted to various Libyan embassies around the world ... . As the Mossad had hoped, the transmissions were deciphered by the Americans and construed as ample proof that the Libyans were active sponsors of terrorism. What’s more, the Americans pointed out, Mossad reports confirmed it.

The French and the Spanish, though, were not buying into the new stream of information. To them, it seemed suspicious that suddenly, out of the blue, the Libyans, who’d been extremely careful in the past, would start advertising their future actions. They also found it suspicious that in several instances Mossad reports were worded similarly to coded Libyan communications. [Mr. Ostrovsky intersperses the following fact through what follows: Some of the Mossad-generated messages implicated the Libyans in the La Belle discotheque bombing in West Berlin on April 5, though the messages came after the attack.] They [the French and Spanish] argued further that, had there truly been after-the-fact Libyan communications regarding the attack, then ... [it] could have been prevented, since surely there would have been [likewise] communications before, enabling intelligence agencies listening in to prevent it. Since the attack wasn’t prevented, they reasoned that ... the “new communications” must be bogus.

The French and the Spanish were right. The information was bogus, and the Mossad didn’t have a clue who planted the bomb [in the La Belle discotheque] that killed one American serviceman and wounded several others. But the Mossad was tied in to many of the European terrorist organizations, and it was convinced that in the volatile atmosphere that had engulfed Europe, a bombing with an American victim was just a matter of time [and they could take advantage of it, per above]. Heads of the Mossad were counting on the American [Reagan’s] promise to retaliate with vengeance against any country that could be proven to support terrorism. The Trojan gave the Americans the proof they needed.

The Mossad also plugged into the equation [Muamar] Qadhafi’s lunatic image and momentous declarations, which were really only meant for internal consumption. It must be remembered that Qadhafi [Libya’s dictator] had marked a line in the water at that time, closing off the Gulf of Sidra as Libyan territorial waters and calling the new marit

• posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
    link   
    The freedom of a human being is lacking if his or her needs are controlled by others, for
    need may lead to the enslavement of one person by another. Furthermore, exploitation is
    caused by need. Need is an intrinsic problem and conflict is initiated by the control of
    one's needs by another.

Interesting reading in the green book, thanks for the link. I didn't catch when it was written.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
    link   

Originally posted by MightyWizard

top topics

<< 1   >>

join