It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher Manipulates Kids into Donating Money. $100...$1,000...$150,000...Can we go higher?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I could have posted this in Rant I suppose. But that would mean I am only angry and not open to discussion.

I could have posted this in Religion but that just insults people and their beliefs. If it brings comfort, who am I to crap on it?

So I put it in General and thought I'd ask others what they think of a person in a position of trust and respect using lines like "Leave an offering of significance" (kinda relative) and "If you're able to leave $100, you should do that and if you're able to give $1,000...you should give $1,000."

But wait!...$150,000? Yep, she goes for that as well. "Use your credit card"...yep, she goes there.

And finally..."I see those blessings (cash) in your hands and it tells me that you love Jesus for real."(Money does buy salvation I guess)

Her message to these kids seems to be that you can buy your way into heaven and that if you give too little, your love for Jesus isn't real.

I realize it's a kid gathering but these high numbers are clearly geared towards the parents in attendance and the kids are listening...and learning.

So at the end, I have only one thing to say on the entire vid and my little thread here....

WTH?????

edit on 28-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
God loves you, but he needs lots of money.

And if you don't give it up, you will burn in hell for ever and ever. But he loves you.
edit on 28-8-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
People like this just burn my bum. I wonder what they'd do if I brought in a couple live chickens as an offering.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
People like this just burn my bum. I wonder what they'd do if I brought in a couple live chickens as an offering.

They'd fry 'em up and sell them for a profit of course.

These kind of people have a special place in hell...if it exists that is.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If something can be exploited for monetary gain, it will be.

I have been led to believe they don't pay taxes either. If that's true they have a pretty sweet gig going.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't know what to say except
this kind of crap makes me sick.
People that are on tight budgets
will believe this and give their
last dime. I have heard of that
happening before. She should be
ashamed of herself and anyone
affiliated with this!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I do believe they are tax exempt!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This video bring but one thing to mind.....with my knowledge of the Bible and Christianity, I should be one of those televangelists....I am in the wrong profession!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Creepy crap!

I wont sleep tonight.

More on Karen Wheaton & The Ramp.

edit on 28-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

After kicking around her website, what an AMAZING business.

Clearly, that is all it is.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Oh man is this lady good! Love the way she casually says that if your giving cash, you don't really need an envelope, ie a paper trail, unless you really care about deducting your donation from your taxes. Yeah, who wants to account for a bunch of cash?

Then she wants to see everyone moving, going for the cash, finding their wallets and handbags, move move move! Then, if that's not enough manipulation and peer pressure, she requires everyone to hold their donation up above their heads, so everyone can see who's hand isn't raised!

Reply to autowrench:

This video bring but one thing to mind.....with my knowledge of the Bible and Christianity, I should be one of those televangelists....I am in the wrong profession!

I'm afraid although your knowledge of scripture and Christianity may be extensive, it would be your ability to sell timeshare at a Fukushima condo that will get you the job!

edit on 28-8-2011 by windword because: ,

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by loam

After kicking around her website, what an AMAZING business.

Clearly, that is all it is.

It's a business that preys on people looking for answers and comfort.

This woman clearly has no understanding of what it means to be a real comfort.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Oh man is this lady good! Love the way she casually says that if your giving cash, you don't really need an envelope, ie a paper trail, unless you really care about deducting your donation from your taxes. Yeah, who wants to account for a bunch of cash?

Then she wants to see everyone moving, going for the cash, finding their wallets and handbags, move move move! Then, if that's not enough manipulation and peer pressure, she requires everyone to hold their donation up above their heads, so everyone can see who's hand isn't raised!

Reply to autowrench:

I'm afraid although your knowledge of scripture and Christianity may be extensive, it would be your ability to sell timeshare at a Fukushima condo, that will get you the job!

Yes, the hand raising is nothing but peer pressure to shame those that can't give and to see how much others are giving.

I would say that she has shills in the crowd to start the bidding.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

nothing new about wolves in sheeps clothing. cons have been bilking bucks in the name of the Lord for a very long time.

these people who mis-lead and mis-use the faithful, they will be held responsible for what they have done. and those who choose to stand and lead others are responsible for those peoples wrong-doings if they are the cause.

that's a massive dose of ugly joo-joo and bad karma all rolled into one. we are here for but a fleeting, brief bit of time. we are in the after-life for the rest of eternity.

whether or not one is a believer in a faith it is still best to walk the high ground. trying to be a good person, honest and charitable, is rewarding in itself. everybody needs a little helping hand sometime. i feel if you put out the good vibes they too will seek you. these people who bilk others out of money are low liars who will also will reap what they sow.

top topics

join