It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true prophet of God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

1TH 5:19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

1TH 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Yes exactly the prophecies we already have, as recorded by the apostles in the books of the new testament.

And the 2nd is my point, God is powerful enough that he doesn't need these modern prophets.

When they come with prophecy and a series of audio tapes, and books for you to buy I question.

A Prophet of the lord would come to you with the prophecy and the bible, nuff said there.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

1TH 5:19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

1TH 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Yes exactly the prophecies we already have, as recorded by the apostles in the books of the new testament.

And the 2nd is my point, God is powerful enough that he doesn't need these modern prophets.

When they come with prophecy and a series of audio tapes, and books for you to buy I question.

A Prophet of the lord would come to you with the prophecy and the bible, nuff said there.

You are deluded if you believe that God does not pour out his spirit in these days.

I don't care if people sell God's word for profit, God will judge them if this is their motive. I just want to see Christ preached.

PHP 1:15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

1CO 4:1 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ok, now its getting freaky. This guy talked about Mubarak in Egypt getting ousted and the islam brotherhood thats running it right now being in control, and he mentioned Russia trying to gain control of Ukraine which i just heard about in the news the other day.

When was this video made?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Ok, now its getting freaky. This guy talked about Mubarak in Egypt getting ousted and the islam brotherhood thats running it right now being in control, and he mentioned Russia trying to gain control of Ukraine which i just heard about in the news the other day.

When was this video made?

More than 2 years ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok, this guy predicted the England riots and Philadelphia riot. im starting to think he is the real deal. I must know more, going to pt. 4.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well i'm not claiming the title of prophet, but i had a rather strange and lucid dream a week ago. This dream i had came after the week before when I submitted myself to the Lord and said that i would be his preacher, healer or prophet, or i would die if that was his wish.

Well after i gave myself over to His will, a week later i had this dream where christians of ALL denominations were standing together, and holding hands in a great line standing shoulder to shoulder for a miles, with a giant pit dug into the ground behind our backs. As we were holding hands we all began to sing "Amazing Grace" at the same time, because it is a song most or all churches know. As we sang Amazing Grace men wearing military uniforms and police uniforms lined up in front of us with machine guns and i heard men yell out "ready, aim, FIRE!" and they began to shoot us all. As the bullets struck my body i could feel the sting as they exited out of my back, blowing holes through my lungs and just as i began to shake with the force of the impact of the rounds, my wife shook me awake. She said i had been having a seizure and was thrashing in the bed so hard it woke her up. This happened at the exact same time as the bullets tore through my body. I think the Lord was telling me that I and many others are going to be martyred. The Eleventh Hour has come to a close and we are now at 11:59. I already believe the Tribulation has already begun, this dream i had more or less confirmed it for me. I am no prophet, or preacher or healer. I am a martyr.

I have never had a seizure before in my life, why it would happen now when i was having this dream i do not know.
edit on 28-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well i'm not claiming the title of prophet, but i had a rather strange and lucid dream a week ago. This dream i had came after the week before when I submitted myself to the Lord and said that i would be his preacher, healer or prophet, or i would die if that was his wish.

Well after i gave myself over to His will, a week later i had this dream where christians of ALL denominations were standing together, and holding hands in a great line standing shoulder to shoulder for a miles, with a giant pit dug into the ground behind our backs. As we were holding hands we all began to sing "Amazing Grace" at the same time, because it is a song most or all churches know. As we sang Amazing Grace men wearing military uniforms and police uniforms lined up in front of us with machine guns and i heard men yell out "ready, aim, FIRE!" and they began to shoot us all. As the bullets struck my body i could feel the sting as they exited out of my back, blowing holes through my lungs and just as i began to shake with the force of the impact of the rounds, my wife shook me awake. She said i had been having a seizure and was thrashing in the bed so hard it woke her up. This happened at the exact same time as the bullets tore through my body. I think the Lord was telling me that I and many others are going to be martyred. The Eleventh Hour has come to a close and we are now at 11:59. I already believe the Tribulation has already begun, this dream i had more or less confirmed it for me. I am no prophet, or preacher or healer. I am a martyr.

Thank you for sharing

I have only had one dream with any real significance and it was about 8 or 9 months ago:

I am in a tall building in an apartment with all of my family, including my extended family. Something that looked like fire streaking across the sky hits the building. The room starts to fill with smoke and alarms begin to sound. I quickly rush down the stairs with my children and my wife while everyone else just stays inside, despite all of the smoke and the alarms.

This dream disturbed me as I hardly ever recall any of my dreams. Ever since the dream I have been trying to reach out to my family in the hope that they will turn to Christ, but so far my efforts have been in vain.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Every day that passes proves we live in perilous days. We have come full circle to the days of Noah. The sign i'm waiting for is the Temple being rebuilt in Israel, when that happens i won't have much time left. i don't think there is going to be any rapture before the tribulation, i may be wrong but my heart of hearts tells me we will not. God help us all if i am right.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PocketSand666
This man is a fraud.
What's a true prophet?

Do you mind enlightening us on why he is a fraud?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I never said that God does not pour out the holy spirit still. To call me delusional is rather silly on your part, I am heeding caution and telling you this man is a false Prophet, he is one of the people the bible warns of that will promote false doctrine to fool the elect or at least try to.

Here is a Prediction.

Damascus will be destroyed, probably with a nuclear strike, and probably from israel.

It will happen, and it will happen before the tribulation actually starts.

How do I make this prediction? From the actual prophecies contained in the bible.

What I am saying is what needs to be said for the Edification of the church has been said, By far greater men.

The bible is clear in the end times charlatans will seek to profit off the word, they will also be given over to the powers of demons to make use of "Signs and Wonders."

SO I suggest to you this, this man may have some ability, hell he may have been chosen before birth as he suggested at one point in his history by an angel.

BUt let me remind you 1/3 of the heavenly host fell, so what kind of angel was he talking about.

Much like the Mormon faith that claims an angel gave them their doctrine, I ask what kind of angel, a fallen one?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I never said that God does not pour out the holy spirit still. To call me delusional is rather silly on your part, I am heeding caution and telling you this man is a false Prophet, he is one of the people the bible warns of that will promote false doctrine to fool the elect or at least try to.

Here is a Prediction.

Damascus will be destroyed, probably with a nuclear strike, and probably from israel.

It will happen, and it will happen before the tribulation actually starts.

How do I make this prediction? From the actual prophecies contained in the bible.

What I am saying is what needs to be said for the Edification of the church has been said, By far greater men.

The bible is clear in the end times charlatans will seek to profit off the word, they will also be given over to the powers of demons to make use of "Signs and Wonders."

SO I suggest to you this, this man may have some ability, hell he may have been chosen before birth as he suggested at one point in his history by an angel.

BUt let me remind you 1/3 of the heavenly host fell, so what kind of angel was he talking about.

Much like the Mormon faith that claims an angel gave them their doctrine, I ask what kind of angel, a fallen one?

In what way has he promoted 'false doctrine'.

Please elaborate.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I also have had a strangely vivid dream recently, it involved an attack on Iran by israel, I Posted about it right after it happen

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not saying prophetic dreams don't happen, what I am saying is that when you try to sell people about how they to can receive prophecies, and proceed to hawk a series of books and tapes, I begin to suspect evil motives.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I also have had a strangely vivid dream recently, it involved an attack on Iran by israel, I Posted about it right after it happen

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not saying prophetic dreams don't happen, what I am saying is that when you try to sell people about how they to can receive prophecies, and proceed to hawk a series of books and tapes, I begin to suspect evil motives.

This is a little naive and self righteous.

Do we condemn all author's of books with spiritual content?

I am against people making money from commentaries on the bible just as much as the next man. I do not know what this man's motives are for starting a ministry and neither do you. Repent of your judgement of this man's motives as you do not know if they are selfless or selfish.

1CO 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

edit on 29-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The man was a part of a group called The Kansas City Prophets, He and his group are apart of what is considered the Charismatic christian movement.

Look I was raised hard core Pentecostal and maybe its my upbringing talking, but I am a christian who walked away from his faith because of people like this. I have seen the damage their false beliefs and claims of "Miracles" can cause.

I also came back to my faith thru the grace of God, and I can say I have seen miracles, not big flashy ones like these people promote.

Look up Watchmen Nee, there is much controversy around his teachings and their combining of aspects of Chinese faith, combining aspects of Confucianism to Christianity.

Living Streams and John Paul Jackson are big proponents of of Watchmen Nee, much like when the romans combined their faith with Christianity it led to a very high success rate in conversion.

The question is, is that the right way to do it?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Motive found

The Living Stream Ministry has a total amount of $54,654,000 in net assets and $7,421,000 annual revenue in 2003, and $59,116,000 net assets, $17,622,000 annual revenue in 2007 according to MinistryWatch statistics

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The man was a part of a group called The Kansas City Prophets, He and his group are apart of what is considered the Charismatic christian movement.

Look I was raised hard core Pentecostal and maybe its my upbringing talking, but I am a christian who walked away from his faith because of people like this. I have seen the damage their false beliefs and claims of "Miracles" can cause.

I also came back to my faith thru the grace of God, and I can say I have seen miracles, not big flashy ones like these people promote.

Look up Watchmen Nee, there is much controversy around his teachings and their combining of aspects of Chinese faith, combining aspects of Confucianism to Christianity.

Living Streams and John Paul Jackson are big proponents of of Watchmen Nee, much like when the romans combined their faith with Christianity it led to a very high success rate in conversion.

The question is, is that the right way to do it?

Fair enough.

I too have been burnt by so called 'people of the faith'. I now consider myself a christian that belongs to God's church and no particular denomination. I have learnt to listen to God through his word. I spend a lot of time examining the scriptures to ensure that I am not misled.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Motive found

The Living Stream Ministry has a total amount of $54,654,000 in net assets and $7,421,000 annual revenue in 2003, and $59,116,000 net assets, $17,622,000 annual revenue in 2007 according to MinistryWatch statistics

Source?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Wikipedia on living streams, and this is a good one too

en.wikipedia.org...

My point is that people will step forward, and they will have these "abilities" that mimic true prophets, they will make predictions that come true, it will seem like they have the holy spirit, but they won't. They will teach a similar christ just one a little more tolerable for the masses, just different enough to fool people.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Wikipedia on living streams, and this is a good one too

en.wikipedia.org...

My point is that people will step forward, and they will have these "abilities" that mimic true prophets, they will make predictions that come true, it will seem like they have the holy spirit, but they won't. They will teach a similar christ just one a little more tolerable for the masses, just different enough to fool people.

I carefully listened to all that he had to say, I found nothing that was out of step with scripture. I would not post it otherwise. In time we will see if the rest of his prophetic dream(s) are fulfilled.

If his motives are false, God will judge him and condemn him.

Even angels do not make accusations against other angels:

JUDE 1:8 In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings. But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them.

If you can find a video of him twisting scripture or teaching false doctrine, I am all ears. I do not want to mislead anybody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join