It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Announces Wall Street Occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This should be very interesting if in fact it plays out like they suggest.

We can sit on our collective petards, or we can fight peacefully through protest. The decision is for all of us to make.Anonymous has now joined forces with AdBusters in calling for a non-violent occupation of Wall Street beginning on September 17th. Simultaneous occupations of financial districts are now being planned in New York City, Madrid, Milan, London, Paris and San Francisco.

Source

edit on 28-8-2011 by Daedal because: Added source/timed out.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have butterflies in my stomach!

I think were all collectively getting more sick of this failed system, down with the corruption and lies!
Up with the revolution!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
THAT could get interesting.

If I were in NYC, I'd go down.
I wonder though how long- if they CAN draw a crowd - how long they will keep one?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The video called for nonviolence, but I have a feeling we might be seeing some :/ We saw some "protesters" in Pitt. wearing uniforms, all black, masks, knee and elbow pads, matching WW2 style jungle boots etc. I pray that anyone who sees anything that seems suspicious to call attention to it and be ready to get out in case of emergency. Be safe everyone!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I thought it was going to say they were there NOW to try and peacefully dig up dirt in the vacant office buildings.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If Anon was going to do anything seriously they would be quietly tracking interactions between banks, individuals, and companies in an investigation to expose the truth.

Talk about a bunch of idiots. Quit wasting our time and do something for real.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If Anon was going to do anything seriously they would be quietly tracking interactions between banks, individuals, and companies in an investigation to expose the truth.

Talk about a bunch of idiots. Quit wasting our time and do something for real.

Whose to say they aren't doing just that

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Hopefully they are, but i don't honestly see how you can quietly do anything while simultaneously shinning a spotlight on yourself and having half of the worlds known intelligence/ investigative community searching for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We're ready, dont worry

Nones believed us, but dont worry.

We're already here

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Daedal

Hopefully they are, but i don't honestly see how you can quietly do anything while simultaneously shinning a spotlight on yourself and having half of the worlds known intelligence/ investigative community searching for you.

This is exactly how governments/high finance works, so it's a viable counter strategy. If you control where the light shines... then... guess what?

Namaste!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
We're ready, dont worry

Nones believed us, but dont worry.

We're already here

People like you that claim to represent or convey the views of anon completely defeat the purpose of the cause.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
this has been gaining momentum for a while now...

from the website

About:
OccupyWallSt.org is a social networking tool created by activists, for activists. Press Release On 13 Jul 2011, the group Adbusters released this call: Occupy Wall Street! In Solidarity, and as a response to this call, a planning group was formed [occupywallst.org], and an info sharing site established. The participation of every person, and every organization, that has an interest in returning the US back into the hands of it's individual citizens is required. Our nation, our species and our world are in crisis. The US has an important role to play in the solution, but we can no longer afford to let corporate greed and corrupt politics set the policies if our nation. We, the people of the United States of America, considering the crisis at hand, now reassert our sovereign control of our land. Solidarity Forever!

the website

they have a pretty high end comodo SSL ticket i think too...haven't actually seen that one, it says limited but i'm pretty sure still very expensive...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ill trust Anon if they do something legitimate. When i say legitimate, i mean something that causes global, undeniable attention. Right in the face of humanity. But then again.... how the hell can anyone do that? Those expectations may however be unrealistic, but they are my expectations nonetheless.

top topics

join