It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore says global warming skeptics will be seen as this generations racists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

One day climate change skeptics will be seen in the same negative light as racists, at least so says former Vice President Al Gore.

In an interview with former advertising executive and Climate Reality Project collaborator Alex Bogusky broadcasted on UStream on Friday, Gore explained that in order for climate change alarmists to succeed, they must “win the conversation” against those who deny there is a crisis

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Strange way of thinking there Mr. Gore. Maybe his sales of carbon offsets are declining?

It's pretty desperate to be comparing global warming skeptics to racism. The two are wholly unrelated. Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If you don't go along with their false reality or their norm then they will always find something to brand you with but i believe it will only come back to bite them because people have had enough of this branding cr*p.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes, and black is white and wrong is right. I'm not to argue that there may be some type of global climate changes, but today's broadcasted reality is so twisted it makes me sick. Worst of all, the vast majority is unaware about the manipulation they are under. It makes me want to take a bat and literally go around town and knocking sense into people. It would be like whack'a'mole, but instead you'd hit ignorant people in the head and they'd be enlightened.. if only it was that easy

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Using the race card for global warming?

Good lord!

Next thing they'll be doing is using the "race card" when they buy Netflix!

This is really very simple. The global warming issue isn't political. Although they make it out that it is. This can be measured, analyzed and diseminated.

To turn it into a social issue, a political issue, a racial issue, is a last gasp of an organization that is dying faster than Michael Jackson on horse tranquilizers.

edit on 28-8-2011 by beezzer because: y

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Of course he would say that.

If we do not implement the "Grand Scheme" of Carbon Credits, he will not make those BILLIONS of dollars.

This whole thing is about the Carbon Credit Scam. It is a freeking joke.

The carbon credit scam will cost each household about $1,100.00 a year if it had passed with Obama's budget in 2009... YOU pay more for electricity, natural gas, and oil and the money goes to the "Financial Industry Traders" buying and selling paper.... All of us pay more to to make traders rich and give the Government a stealth tax....on us... for nothing and no results.... yeah, great idea!

Everyone Repeat: FINANCIAL SCAM

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a solution but we will never do it because the Money Lords don't get paid.... the greenies need to wake up and if they actually believe all the CO2 crap then they should demand a real solution and not "wealth redistribution" from the people to the elite.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2009 promises to be an exciting time for James Lovelock. But the originator of the Gaia theory, which describes Earth as a self-regulating planet, has a stark view of the future of humanity. He tells Gaia Vince we have one last chance to save ourselves - and it has nothing to do with nuclear power

Your work on atmospheric chlorofluorocarbons led eventually to a global CFC ban that saved us from ozone-layer depletion. Do we have time to do a similar thing with carbon emissions to save ourselves from climate change?

Not a hope in hell. Most of the "green" stuff is verging on a gigantic scam. Carbon trading, with its huge government subsidies, is just what finance and industry wanted. It's not going to do a damn thing about climate change, but it'll make a lot of money for a lot of people and postpone the moment of reckoning. I am not against renewable energy, but to spoil all the decent countryside in the UK with wind farms is driving me mad. It's absolutely unnecessary, and it takes 2500 square kilometres to produce a gigawatt - that's an awful lot of countryside.
What about work to sequester carbon dioxide?

That is a waste of time. It's a crazy idea - and dangerous. It would take so long and use so much energy that it will not be done.

So are we doomed?

There is one way we could save ourselves and that is through the massive burial of charcoal. It would mean farmers turning all their agricultural waste - which contains carbon that the plants have spent the summer sequestering - into non-biodegradable charcoal, and burying it in the soil. Then you can start shifting really hefty quantities of carbon out of the system and pull the CO2 down quite fast.

Would it make enough of a difference?

Yes. The biosphere pumps out 550 gigatonnes of carbon yearly; we put in only 30 gigatonnes. Ninety-nine per cent of the carbon that is fixed by plants is released back into the atmosphere within a year or so by consumers like bacteria, nematodes and worms. What we can do is cheat those consumers by getting farmers to burn their crop waste at very low oxygen levels to turn it into charcoal, which the farmer then ploughs into the field. A little CO2 is released but the bulk of it gets converted to carbon. You get a few per cent of biofuel as a by-product of the combustion process, which the farmer can sell. This scheme would need no subsidy: the farmer would make a profit. This is the one thing we can do that will make a difference, but I bet they won't do it.

edit on 28-8-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why isn't Mr Gore talking about Fukushima or other types of massive disasters like the oil corporations in Africa or South America or the coal corporations or various chemical conglomerates and their activity in China or India?

And did you notice Mr Gore isn't using the term "Global Warming" much anymore. LOL?

He is saying "Climate Change" now because global warming is kind of a huge misunderstanding. Climate change is a much more accurate term to describe the fluctuations of the weather.

Really neat that one. It shows that we have been making him backtrack and change his terminology and restructure his arguments because he was revealed to be wrong and I suppose he is smart enough or his handlers are smart enough to realize they were so easily debunked that they had to change their terminology or else fail forever.

That's a good sign though, lets keep their feet to the fire and try to keep their global tax schemes from ever becoming reality. That's all these corporate goons are after anyways, money and power.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Of course he would say that.

If we do not implement the "Grand Scheme" of Carbon Credits, he will not make those BILLIONS of dollars.

This whole thing is about the Carbon Credit Scam. It is a freeking joke.

In my opinion the proof in the pudding is this.

They want YOU and ME to pay this dumb carbon tax because our "activity" releases carbon emissions into the atmosphere...

But why isn't there a mercury tax on the coal corporations for example for the amounts they release into the ecosystem?

Why isn't there a plutonium or cesium tax on the nuclear power corporations?

Why isn't there a carbon tax or oil spill tax on oil corporations?

Oh yeah, Duh. Because that would be cutting in on THEIR PROFITs. It's all about THEIR bottom line, ours be damned!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm all for a complete change in industry. We need it, it's time to go into the future, regardless of the state of the environment.

What I'm NOT for, is the system of oppressive "Tax and Credit", where the richest can just pay their way into the filth production status quo, and the poor get poorer once more. Everything Al Gore brings to the table, literally adds Nothing, absolutely NOTHING to the future of green efficiency. He offers NO solutions, only problems. It is a system where the top 2% get richer and continue to do what they want, while the bottom 98% are told to pay more for less, and deal with it.

"When are we going to move into self-sufficiency and clean industry, then?" So sayeth the people. "When we feel like it you peasants." So sayeth the overlords.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"Gore explained that in order for climate change alarmists to succeed, they must “win the conversation” against those who deny there is a crisis "

And the way to do that is to start calling people names?

Pretty feeble there, Mr. Gore.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
al gore is the most stupid ignorant shill i have ever seen

your a racist now because you dont beleive in the scam of carbon taxation without representation?

gore needs to shut up and go away his cash must be indeed running low.

typical liberal progressive stupidity.
edit on 28-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i cant believe this guy is still crapping out his lies. i hate liars, no joke, HATE them, i expell a liar from my life, once i figure them out. (it usually takes me 2-3 meetings with a liar, and they give themselves away.)

scumbag globalizts. his daughter married a shiff. tells you where his loyalties are.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry...did Al Gore say something?

Is anybody really listening to this self-promoting buffoon any more?

Thank our lucky stars, though, that he invented the internet...or we wouldn't be able to keep up with his big-carbon-foot-printed exploits, without killing a few trees to print newspapers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Al Gore is nothing but an ego maniac wanna be. He has his in the shadows of his father, bunked with Tommy Lee Jones in college, had the Presidency taken away from him by Bush. He wife who has been more thought of has left him. As far as I can tell he has studied law, and divinity but no degree in either. The film made about him won an Oscar he won nothing. He has tried to claim inventing the internet which meant he had voted for it. In reality he is a no nothing, uneducated, nobody who has been a failure his entire life. He is an idea whose time has come to totally go away. Which is what he should have done a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There's something that Gore and others like him need to be aware of; and that is that there are a very large number of people, (primarily Americans) who will not give up what they perceive as being their God-given right to drive this planet into total uninhabitability, no matter what anyone else says or does.

They will not stop. It does not matter what statistics are presented, how bad the weather gets, how many disasters occur, how much loss of life; there is too large a demographic of humanity on this planet that simply cannot be reached.

I'm doing a Permaculture design course next month. My only goal in life now is to try and get a small piece of land, in the most remote location possible, and use what I will learn via said course, and the rest of my study of permaculture, to grow my own food.

I have given up attempting to reason with people who do not want help.

Everyone has to make their own decision about whether or not they want to survive; and people need to start thinking about this. The next decade or so is going to be hard.
edit on 28-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tipper must have goten quite the hefty divorce settlement for AlGore to be crazed enough to play 'the race card.'

Two words for the Pope of the Church of Anthropogenic Global Warming--solar activity. Two more words--Maunder Minimum.

Active sun, warmer Earth. Inactive sun, cooler planet.

No Cap and Trade, smaller bank account for Al and his Chicago (did someone say ChiTown!?!?!?!) Climate Trade buddies. Putting on my tinfoil, I have always thought Gore was 'given' Climate Change as his consolation prize for losing out in the Floriduh recounts to GWB. 'Al, YOU will be the reknowned expert--we'll get you a Nobel Prize and an Oscar...just give up the recounts, ok big guy?'

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You make some very good points muzzie. Stars for you. Just think if Gore had been Prez instead of Bush...he probly woulda pushed a CO2 tax. But who knows, maybe the Democrats would still have focused on deathcare.

edit on 28-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gore is a spokesperson for the Club of Rome who are promoting the UN Agenda 21. I think a lot of people here are aware of that agenda by now, but in case a few are not..

www.green-agenda.com...

In his book, Earth in the Balance, Al Gore insists "We must all become partners in a bold effort to change the very foundation of our civilization. We must make the rescue of the environment the central organizing principle for civilization." Sustainable Development advocates seek oppressive taxes to control and punish behavior of which they don't approve and there is much these advocates disapprove, including air conditioning, fast foods, suburban housing and automobiles. Every aspect of our lives is affected by Sustainable Development policies. It is top-down control from an all-powerful central government, specifically the United Nations which seeks to assert such control.

edit on 28-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It is rather pathetic Gore trying to make comparisons with civil rights. Discrimination of race or anything else, is/was a blindingly obvious wrong in any type of nation.

Climate change, is far more complex an issue since it has happened before and has had nothing to do with right or wrong, so there is far more left to discover, and as real knowledge advances. That is a mile away from, the ad hoc stuff that is thrown at most of us all the time.

new topics

top topics

join