It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Crashes into Gates at Comanche Nuclear Power Plant in Dallas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I searched, but did not see a thread on this particular incident...I just came upon it on the net....have not heard a word on the news.

Nuclear Event in USA on Sunday, 28 August, 2011 at 03:24 (03:24 AM) UTC.

Officials at the Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant have confirmed that someone crashed a vehicle into security barriers around the facility near Glen Rose early Saturday morning. The facility reported the "unusual event" to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the facility was locked down, according to a statement issued Saturday afternoon. Luminant, the company that operates Comanche Peak, said the on-site security team used "appropriate security measures" and that a suspect was apprehended. The plant is guarded by officers with automatic weapons at the front gate. The company did not say whether the incident was accidental or intentional, nor did it specify what type of vehicle was involved. It was not made clear whether the suspect was injured. “We are extremely proud of our on-site security team who acted commendably last night,” said Rafael Flores, Luminant’s chief nuclear officer, in a written statement provided to WFAA. “At this point, our primary focus is on the ongoing investigation, and we are working hand-in-hand with the Somervell County Sheriff’s Office and the NRC as they investigate this matter.” A spokesperson for the Somervell County Sheriff's Office said the department would provide no information about the incident until Monday. Luminant said the Comanche Peak plant resumed normal operating conditions on Saturday morning. An "unusual event" is the lowest of four emergency levels established by federal regulators. Comanche Peak began operations in 1990 and has two reactors. It is located 80 miles southwest of Dallas.

edit on 8/28/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It probably wasn't something planned if they decided to catch him instead of letting him possibly causing a meltdown

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.wfaa.com...

The Sheriff's office will not supply any info until Monday....it happened Saturday....has anyone heard anything about this? I've not heard a word? The suspect is in custody though. This is the same plant where they caught the guards sleeping I think.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

It just bothers me that this was not news....it seems worthy of a mention, wouldn't you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Given the alarmist potential of such news, I am surprised as well. Too busy focused upon the apocalyptic events (stiff breeze and moderate rain) which befell New York City. "Oh! The humanity!"

Then again, some guy hit a guard shack with a car-- not exactly a threat to civilization as we know it.

By the way, Comanche Peak is "in Dallas" like the French Quarter is in Biloxi.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah it wouldn't be news even if he succeeded

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

Strange news, remember that man that did the same in Fukushima?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

*sigh*.....I am not posting this to "alarm". I simply came across it and thought it was strange it wasn't reported (that I know of). I would certainly be interested in hearing about it. Maybe it turns out to be nothing. I am not familiar with the area....that is what the report said....so "excuuuuuuuuuuuse me"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

Why not?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Actually, no I haven't heard of that incident. But it's been tried at military bases. I'm going to go check it out though.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

u think that they dont want revenge after what was forced upon them, by big amerian corporations?

look at the picture,,

who is he pointing at?

,,,its us.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I was just watching that. Not sure what to make of it. I think maybe he's taking a reading, they are adjusting the camera, or he's clowning on his break. You never know though right?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Frira

*sigh*.....I am not posting this to "alarm". I simply came across it and thought it was strange it wasn't reported (that I know of). I would certainly be interested in hearing about it. Maybe it turns out to be nothing. I am not familiar with the area....that is what the report said....so "excuuuuuuuuuuuse me"

*Sigh* right back at you!

You wrote you were surprised it had not been on the news-- I agreed, and you somehow took that as personal attack on you.

Didn't I marry you once?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Fukushima power plant they reported the tsunami and the power plant being hit but not whats technically happening with the radiation they want to keep people ignorant not that they would understand what some of the words mean anyway

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Oh.....c'mere....*internet hug*....I apoligize, I took it wrong
I'm having a crappy day
Forgive?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

read through that whole thread and as most of it was jokes about the angry japanese man i have no idea what in theh ell your talking about,perhaps you could elaborate how an angry japanese man pointing at us from japan has anything to do with what happend in america? and if your trying to imply japan attacked the plant in a terror stike because there mad at us because there reactor broke during a super quake that was mother natures doing

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Frira

Oh.....c'mere....*internet hug*....I apoligize, I took it wrong
I'm having a crappy day
Forgive?

Love them hugs!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

So it turns out that this was not that big of a deal....BUT you never know when it might be a "test" to see how secure a place is. I guess we will find out tomorrow!
Yes....those internet hugs are the best
Unless you're a dirty old man!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would say it is ome one related to the 25 groups protesting new expansions of nuclear facilities with out investigations after Japan.

www.foe.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It very well could be. I know that no damage was done and he only hit a gate....but what if it were some kind of test to check the security there. You just never know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join