It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

Thanks for posting that. It is good we now have two angles. It is a shame his hoodie or whatever blocked it out for a bit. Seems like there might have been something more there to see at that moment... sigh... still, maybe more videos will pop up soon.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was waiting to see how long it took before the obligatory Chinese lanterns comment
If they were Chinese lanterns they sure were quick to disappear in 2 minutes.

Good catch OP this video looks like a keeper.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

That could be possible perhaps, but how do you explain the second video.? He is on the roof

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey no problem.

Just found yet another vid with numerous camera angles in it.

Seems this was a real event, be it alien or not.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-8-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by semicolonsmile because: trying to embed

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
reply to post by caladonea

That could be possible perhaps, but how do you explain the second video.? He is on the roof

The second video looks like a high-tech man made aircraft...there are a lot of aircraft made right here on earth that most of us are not told about.

Frankly...with all my heart I want these videos to be of UFO's from other planets..and I hope I am wrong about the above....maybe they observed hurricane Irene from an Earth fly by.....and decided to take a closer look at how people are preparing and handling it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yeah these were seen by a number of people at least. Wish that someone would have a hi-res camera on hand though
would make my night.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why are captured ufos always at best a few dots of lights ?

If you go somewhere undercover (if there are visitors, it's obvious they are undercover... would have gone public already otherwise) with your car by night, do you switch on the lights ?
Would be kinda dumb huh ?

What makes people think that a civilization that can travel accross space into huge distances would NEED to use some lights of any kind ? We have infrared vision and other night vision technologies already... Why wouldn't they ?
edit on 28/8/2011 by Ghostfreak1 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile
Hey no problem.

Just found yet another vid with numerous camera angles in it.

Seems this was a real event, be it alien or not.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-8-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by semicolonsmile because: trying to embed

Damn. Nice
thank you!

Interesting..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why do they have to be 'undercover'?

Maybe they dont care if they are seen.

Whatever these are it definately happened, but they do have a lanterny look to me. I hope im wrong. Its definately one of the more convincing 'UFO' events though.

And most of them are dots because of how high they are in the atmosphere I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

Please.
Not even worth touching.
Any original thoughts?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I'm not saying it didn't happened... I just say it's not alien related...
and if they didn't care if they are seen, we would already have some real daily good quality footage with all these ufo sightings around the world and all people around with recorders, don't you think ?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Combine this with all of the Irene hype and it might be forming a bigger picture. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

How do you know its 'not alien related'?

YEs its hard to prove wether it is, but how can you be so sure that it isnt?

Maybe they dont land because they are scared, maybe they just want to observe from above. Maybe they just have no need to come down yet?

There are so many explanations for why they are only dots, maybe they are only #ing lanterns who knows. But why have such a closed minded view?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Why does captured ufos are always at best a few dots of lights ?

If you go somewhere undercover (if there are visitors, it's obvious they are undercover... would have gone public already otherwise) with your car by night, do you switch on the lights ?

What makes people think that a civilization that can travel accross space into huge distances would NEED to use some lights of any kind ? We have infrared vision and other night vision technologies already... Why wouldn't they ?

There is also the possibility that whatever it is the theoretical alien spaceship uses to travel at the rate of speed they do generates some sort of light. I'm not saying that's what this is, but I've seen this argument a couple times and there really is no way of knowing what those lights really are, or what they really do if they are indeed alien.

Plus, its really cloudy outside.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

There is also the possibility that whatever it is the theoretical alien spaceship uses to travel at the rate of speed they do generates some sort of light. I'm not saying that's what this is, but I've seen this argument a couple times and there really is no way of knowing what those lights really are, or what they really do if they are indeed alien.

Plus, its really cloudy outside.

For sure.

and ghostfreak,
you talk of such an "advanced alien species".. "yet they can't hide their lights".. lol, what?
What makes you think such an advanced species/race would NEED to hide from us little children down here on earth?
If it was an advanced race of people from elsewhere..
and they were able to travel the stars...
why on earth would they need to "hide" from our pathetic little asses? lol

They could also be our own craft, for sure.
but even then... Still interesting!

edit on 27-8-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Isn't it funny, considering how MUCH cash is flowing with help of few dots?
try to count all books, dvd's and web pages....
but, indeed, that second vid from bronx is...intriguing, what they(i mean humans) were testing and why?
small spraying? fortune cookies drop?

btw guys, i am checking news about "your" hurricane, and you know.. i have strange feeling.
You know, hearing how many people gone to shops i think you can be out of crisis after c.a. 500 of such hurricane-shopping-runs.

you better check what your government is doing while you are dis-trac-ted!
edit on 27-8-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well being a NY'er....... This isnt no Helicopter because it would make a a lot of noise, I see them higher than this object and you still could hear it echo off the buildings so you hear it very good.

Its not any plane, again, You could hear them, even if they are very very very high, you would still hear the noise delay from the engines passing by to the ground.

No way in hell they are lanterns, not in NY, Not in the five tri-states.and esp. not in the Bronx (its the hood, its ghetto, no one cares about those things in those area's of the Bronx, the good areas are all near by Yonkers and that object isnt that far because that part is closer to Manhattan/Queens)

Its no other building, light or anything of that sort because again, thats the Bronx, that area has no skyscrapers,in fact, there's really are none in the Bronx, they only have 7 stories to 14 stories high buildings (those buildings in the clips are at least 7-9 Stories high) and they have NO type of lights on the roof since its too too low.

Its also not the street lights reflections, thats just an excuse.. also if you see the longer YT video, You see someone recording it with the street lights on and you could see the flare, but yet you still the object.

And the reason why I think its hard to make out in videos because they are blending in with the night skys, no one ever thought about that one? Alien or Made-man.

You could throw a million excuses but if you arent from this city, it would be too hard to understand. im sure my fellow NY'ers on here can back me up with the noises of a Plane or Helicopter pass by over us.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Sire26 video is amazing, it shows disorganized lights that we could reasonably assume were some form of flare or lantern, but then they form, and lock into a sharp triangle. NOTHING else on Earth does that. Nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

Im sorry but that isnt no flares, again, its too low, another reason, its the Bronx.

I live in Manhattan, I look up at the sky all the time and there's heavy traffic of planes and others. There also traffic in those area's so flares are impossible. You dont see those over the city..

The only things you will see are planes,blimps, helicopters, pigeons,a few stars, the moon and thats basically it.

unless there's a huge event which i even doubt there were because everyone was getting prepared for this storm. The Trains arent even raining all over the city.

Im sorry to the poster above, this post isnt attacking you , i said this because the way i wrote this doesnt seem right, kind of rude
edit on 27-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

WOW this is great! We now have 4 different angles. It is almost like a ufo dream. Being as they are from different areas really makes me wonder about this sighting even more.

Im also impressed how calm all the people are for the most part. Doesnt seem like mass madness to me that some are convinced would occur. Just more of a curiosity really.

Dare I hope more footage comes forward

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join