It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most beautiful moment you've had on this planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Along with the steady deluge of bad news, perpetual crises, and the general systemic perversion of our societal order, there comes a great and critical need for hope, beauty, and goodness. Nothing could be more natural than to scour every landscape for all remaining sources of light in times of darkness. I believe that goodness lies within the individual more often than it does in the collective. And so here I am asking you to share one of the most affecting, unforgettable moments in your life (whatever that might be). I'm not looking for sensationalism or heroism but something enduring; something raw told with sincerity.

As night approaches, we will look around and ask ourselves how it came to this. It is for that moment that I wish to know your stories; in that time of great need your untold stories will remind me that there is good left in this world and it's worth fighting for.

What do I mean by "the most beautiful moment"? This is the difficult part to explain; there does seem to be a sort of nameless, unquantifiable quality of experience that I am looking for. By beautiful I refer to a myriad of possibilities: perhaps it was something that stirred you, humbled you, or awakened you. Perhaps it was something that moved you - to tears, to laughter, to stillness, to wild untamed ardor. Maybe it was something that set you on fire and completely metamorphosized your perception on life. Maybe it was something that brought you to your knees. Maybe it was something that pushed you to stand. Maybe it was a revelation, a song, or a book. Some of the most paramount moments of my life were those spent spellbound between the worn pages of a dusty book.

Maybe it was the birth of a child, falling in love, or rekindling a lost friendship. Maybe it was the moment you realized you had conquered an addiction. Maybe it was a painful experience that gave rise to internal growth and personal transformation. Or maybe it was a costly sacrifice from which that special, unrivaled form of beauty flows: the fierce beauty of sacrificial love. Maybe that moment split your life in two, or perhaps it was but a passing thing. In short, what was the (or one of the) most profound moments you have ever experienced that can in some manner, instill a sense of hope in the listener?

Ambiguous? Probably.
Whimsical? Impractical? I hope not.

I eagerly await your responses. To those of you who decide to share, thank you - it will be a most welcome and anticipated reprieve from the ever pervading tragic ethos of our times.

In light of the monumental pain, suffering, and avarice covering this planet - let us in Dostoevsky's words, "with utter realism find the man in man."

edit on 27-8-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i cant discuss it but,

it was green and smelled of skunk

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
i cant discuss it but,

Well not exactly what I was looking for but thanks for playing anyhow

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

i cant discuss it but,

I cannot believe someone would class such an occasion as their most beautiful.

Mine has to be the birth of my son. To see another life being delivered into this world and knowing that you have created this life is the most beautiful feeling and sight in the world.

I have led an interesting life, visiting many places of natural beauty, but nothing I have seen or expeienced compares to the moment I held my son in my arms for the first time.
edit on 27/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Definitely the birth of my daughter. She looked like she looked up at me. I joke with her to this day, that I was the first person she ever saw when she was born.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by followtheevidence

i cant discuss it but,

I cannot believe someone would class such an occasion as their most beautiful.

Mine has to be the birth of my son. To see another life being delivered into this world and knowing that you have created this life is the most beautiful feeling and sight in the world.

I have led an interesting life, visiting many places of natural beauty, but nothing I have seen or expeienced compares to the moment I held my son in my arms for the first time.
edit on 27/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

Wow, I had a COMPLETELY different experience with that. It was horrible lol. I had a woman screaming bloody murder at me while nasty crap was coming out of the gapping hole that I had previously thought was awsome and pretty and sexy. THEN this crazy squirming little monster that was covered in goo and blood came popping out and started screaming like hell at me too! I wanted to run and hide, it was like watching a horror movie lol. The most beautiful moment in my life came a little while later, the first time my daughter looked up at me adoringly, smiling, holding me and said, "Daddy I love you." I knew then, in that moment, I was the most important person in the world and it changed everything about how I think and act and my motivations. I found out what it means to truely be happy and loved.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The day I found out I was pregant with my first child

2nd best moment, holding him for the first time.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
1)First time I layed eye's on my wife and knew who she was.
2)Proposing 3 weeks later on her return from holliday (she left the day after we met).
3)Marriage.
4)The birth of our children
5)Everyday since 1)

I will lay down my life for 1-5, I feel that day is comming

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow. Thank you for all of the heartfelt responses guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A year ago in Florida - we had gone for a walk on Vero Beach in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm - and were lucky enough to find a huge turtle laying her eggs... We watched her from an acceptable distance while the sky lit up with lightening...... We were soaked through but it was, without a doubt, the beautiful moment of my life

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can I be a bit of a spoiler here and say I honestly haven't had any moments I'd even class as "good" let alone "beautiful"?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
#1 The birth of my son: at a birthing center with his mom in a bathtub in a dimly lit room with candles, Cocteau Twins "Victorialand" playing softly, and me doing some energy healing on his mom

#2 Dancing naked around a big fire to 40 or more West African drums until dawn.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yup i can honestly say... the birth of my son,

i cried not long ago talking about it, not very me at all...

once my other half had given birth to him, she was asked if she wanted to hold him, she asked if i could hold him first, he was all wrapped up lying on my chest and all i could do is cry, he is such a beautiful little man, and experince unlike anything i have ever felt, undying love...

and now everyday i spend with him, seeing his face when i come home from work, or wake up from the night shift and he is actually excited and over the moon to see his daddy.

Thats the most beautiful moment i have evr experienced

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Can I be a bit of a spoiler here and say I honestly haven't had any moments I'd even class as "good" let alone "beautiful"?

Really? How old are you?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

THIS. Wow. That just gave me goosebumps all over. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Every time I gaze up upon my children..

new topics

top topics

join