It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon appeared in a differnet location, anyone help me understand this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

i agree

but aliens are indeed evil

we are the aliens attacking humanity

its always an inside job

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

but really how can you be sure since we are all probably hapless double agents?

all jokes aside though, I am seeing a trend of those trying to find truth in ends times winding up turning to the lie in fear. It's all very strange. So many thoughts, so many threads, such little patience for editing on my part...

... and then mysteries are good too sooo..

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Another anomaly from our moon this year is that we are having a higher than normal tide. I just saw this on cnn. Strange how its happening at the exact moment hurricane irene is hitting the east coast. I dont know if it means anything but it strikes me as awfully strange.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by delbyd

I have noticed quite a lot of floods and eqs this month

Nope, the moon is were it always is, I just checked.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I often watch the moon, have for years. This past moon cycle, I've been in the habit of taking the little boy for a walk at night to see the moon before bed, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like the path of the moon is different every night. At the early crescent stage 2 plus weeks ago, it was low on the southern horizon. It crept north every night, and when it was full, it was pretty much right over my head (that was a late night on my own).

I, too, think I am probably just confused. I am very familiar with the moon, and am not talking about it coming up an hour later every night. I'm referring to it apparently rising further north in the same cycle. My understanding is this does not happen to this degree.

Am I crazy? Can someone explain to me just HOW wrong this is, and how, if this was happening, there would be utter chaos because it would be radically shifting something important?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

The moon is never 'always' in one place. It rises in different places every cycle, and rises an hour later each night within the cycle.

You are a liar.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
While i agree that moon does move on its own path throughout the year. I can semi-verify this from a couple weeks ago. perhaps a month and a half.

This one night, it was dusk and i look out. I see the crescent moon hanging above the city across the harbour, it was beautiful, and large. I thought nothing of it until about a week or two later when i got off work at nearly midnight, look up in the sky and bam, there is the moon.

Now, i dont know how much the moon moves in our sky in a two - three week period. But it was certainly a drastic change in position. While i cannot exactly verify the timeline as my memory is not the greatest. But from being just above the city on the horizon one day, and a few weeks later, in a completely different position. Different times yes, but it doesnt make much sense.

How could the moon be above the horizon at sunset one day, and directly above 3 weeks later, several hours AFTER sunset? The direction the moon moves makes it impossible for it to raise from the position i saw, and up into the sky.

Unless i imagined the whole thing, or my memory is not correct.

Yes. This. This is my experience, too.

This past cycle, it has appeared to me that the moon has been further north by several degrees every night. When it was a fresh crescent it was low in the south, when it was a quarter, it was higher, full right above, and now, this morning, at 1/4 past full, it is even FURTHER North.

WTF?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I always "love" these threads...the moon/sun/etc....is not in it's normal position. As if billions of stargazers have missed this occurrence; yet, somehow, the OP is the only earthling with a keen enough eye to make this scientific observation.

I see it too. And so do a few others in this thread. So 'only' is nonsense. And, um, this IS a website where people don't always think the tarditional media are telling the truth. Is your contention REALLY that because MSNBC aren't talking about it that it must not be true?

You don't really seem to be contributing much but derision.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The Moon has not changed direction,
Its apparent motion is clockwise in the northern hemisphere, or left to right, as is the sun's. If the Moon had changed in another aspect, like its orbital pattern around the Earth, you might expect to see a slightly different 'face' Maybe the Earth has got a bit more of a wobble of late, or it has slowed or sped up, all according to what you read minutely after the Japan earthquake.

Did you read the OP?

He's saying he is seeing it's trajectory change in the same cycle. Not that it is coming up later.

I suspect many of you come here to spit derision, without reading much past your assumptions...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To the comments on the tides and hurricanes.

High tide occurs twice a day, every day. So when a hurrican comes strolling by some city is bound to get the combined effects of surge and high tide. It has nothing to do with the Moon being in the 'wrong' place.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't think it's a bad thing to put some attention on the moon,But..sorry..just don't buy the location change scenerio..(atleast not anything out of the ordinary).

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just watched it set this afternoon a few degrees north of where it did yesterday afternoon. I am positive that in my years of paying close attention to the moon, I have never seen such drift within a cycle, but I am more than open to being proven wrong.
Can anyone show me info showing how much the moon's course can drift within one 28 day cycle? My understanding is it is never more than a few degrees, and always within a range, never constantly moving north a ferw degrees every day.

(people just saying 'nah, it can't happen' need not apply)
edit on 20-9-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

Go here:
www.timeanddate.com...
Set your location.
Click "See moonrise/moonset"
Select columns: "rise/settime/azimuth"
Click "Show"

The Moonset Azimuth column will reveal what you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican
I just watched it set this afternoon a few degrees north of where it did yesterday afternoon. I am positive that in my years of paying close attention to the moon, I have never seen such drift within a cycle, but I am more than open to being proven wrong.
Can anyone show me info showing how much the moon's course can drift within one 28 day cycle? My understanding is it is never more than a few degrees, and always within a range, never constantly moving north a ferw degrees every day.

(people just saying 'nah, it can't happen' need not apply)
edit on 20-9-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

I decided to. Check back in and see the discussion continues, nice. I also have watched the moons and sun rising and setting near all my 50 years of life what I saw last cucle the night before I made this thread I saw a location change so dramatically off it was in the same area the sun rises. Anyhow thank you for at least considering.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Go here:
www.timeanddate.com...
Set your location.
Click "See moonrise/moonset"
Select columns: "rise/settime/azimuth"
Click "Show"

The Moonset Azimuth column will reveal what you are looking for.

Awesome. Thanks for that. Now, can you decipher it a bit for me? I had to look up 'azimuth'. What do those number's indicate exactly? The varying degrees confirms what I am seeing, at least. And I am assuming that such sway must be 'normal', but damn if i have ever seen it before.

Am I crazy for thinking I have never seen the moon's 'azimuth(?)' vary so much in one cycle? I feel like the moon usually rises and sets in more or less the same spot, within a 28 day cycle? Is this wrong?

Thanks for your informative reply. Peace be to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican

Originally posted by billy197300

The moon is never 'always' in one place. It rises in different places every cycle, and rises an hour later each night within the cycle.

You are a liar.

I was just making a joke because I didn't know how to reply to that

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Azimuth is the direction in which the Moon rises and sets (270º would be west, 0º would be north). It's relative to true north, not magnetic north, so if you compare the direction to a compass it will be off somewhat (depending on your location).

As you probably are aware, the Moon sets about 50 minutes or so (it varies) later each night. Add that to the fact that its orbit is tilted compared to the Earth's equator and you end up with a wandering moonset.

edit on 9/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i thank you for your help on this. Although I'm still curious why I have NEVER noticed such drift. Maybe having children makes your memory go, and gives you false memories...?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lbndhr

Yes, I noticed the moon was about 5 hours behind schedule. I did not say anything to anyone, and I forgot about it until tonight when I went outside and noticed the moon, ( it was in the right spot ) I then remembered .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join