It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon appeared in a differnet location, anyone help me understand this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
from what i always read, the moon does not orbit on the ecliptic plane like the earth around the sun.. there is a variation that gives it its wayward path while still being definable. it is not going to rise and set in the same location because of this. if it did then eclipses would be occurring every month with it's orbit around the earth which is around 28 days.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I sense this thread is going to be flooded with people who think they are correct.
He asked if anyone else noticed, not that IT HAD MOVED.

And also, i have noticed, i dont know if it was just that particular time of year. But i also saw such a thing. People are from different places, the moon appears in different places depending where you live.

I saw the moon in one place one week at a particular time, and then i saw the moon in another place a couple weeks later, 4 hours after the first time. And last i recall the moon cannot orbit backwards to that position.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
from what i always read, the moon does not orbit on the ecliptic plane like the earth around the sun.. there is a variation that gives it its wayward path while still being definable. it is not going to rise and set in the same location because of this. if it did then eclipses would be occurring every month with it's orbit around the earth which is around 28 days.

That makes sense.
2nd

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What a way for some of you to show your best sides to the world.

OP: Best of luck in your searching to understand what you saw/experienced.

Namaste!
edit on 27-8-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Actually, it does.
The moon rises roughly 1 hour later each night, so it does move "backwards" across the sky.
www.usno.navy.mil...

edit on 8/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Not a single week will pass these days, without someone claiming that the Sun / Earth / Moon / [Insert various other celestial objects here] is not where it is supposed to be.

You do realize just how ridiculous that is, don't you ?

Let's assume for a single second that the moon did in fact leave it's orbit .. okay ?

Do you really think you would be the first one to figure it out, by looking at the sky ?

I've heard they've got a special offer on clue-family-packs this week over at the grocery store.

Get one please.

Honestly I was thinking, everyone is focused on the hurricane and wasnt sure, I mean i wasnt trying to start fables here. I truely wasnt sure if what I was seeing is what I was seeing....I notice many threads being put up with these same type, non specific to this one, questions. And people need to realize, sometimes we dumb ignorant people ask heart felt questions without intent of pissing people off or considering people would react this way.....Look at those threads, Hurricane irene is a flase flag? know that is far fetch, that eq in virginia coulda been haarp, who knows but, most you all have made what others deem as lame/bad threads. But we who make these are probably being genuine looking for a genuine answer from the few very wise people who come here...
I must remember I am not part of the elite here who can bring their lame threads in pointing their fingers at haarp for every little natural event that happens.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c313309940f.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't believe anyone is this dumb.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Actually, the OP stated that it had moved and THEN asked if anyone else noticed.

From the OP:

It is moving in a different direction. Its appearing in a completely differnet part of the sky I never saw it happen like this before, its moving sideways to its normal path, Has anyone else noticed this?

Perhaps my reading comprehension is completely shot; but, the way I read the OP statement is that he/she is presenting this as a statement of fact, then followed by a question of "has anyone else noticed?".
edit on 27-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AzureSky

Actually, it does.
The moon rises roughly 1 hour later each night, so it does move "backwards" across the sky.
www.usno.navy.mil...

edit on 8/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Well thanks, that explains that then

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I sense this thread is going to be flooded with people who think they are correct.

And also, i have noticed, i dont know if it was just that particular time of year. But i also saw such a thing. People are from different places, the moon appears in different places depending where you live.

I saw the moon in one place one week at a particular time, and then i saw the moon in another place a couple weeks later, 4 hours after the first time. And last i recall the moon cannot orbit backwards to that position.

Thank you so deeply for your kind response of actually explaining in a intelligant manner. This is what I was looking for this type information. I am no astromer, I just really like looking up hoping to catch a glimpse at what most people here are looking for comets, ufo`s something differnt. again Thank you for being kind

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Actually, the OP stated that it had moved and THEN asked if anyone else noticed.

From the OP:

It is moving in a different direction. Its appearing in a completely differnet part of the sky I never saw it happen like this before, its moving sideways to its normal path, Has anyone else noticed this?

Perhaps my reading comprehension is completely shot; but, the way I read the OP statement is that he/she is presenting this as a statement of fact, then followed by a question of "has anyone else noticed?".
edit on 27-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

It is reasonable to say, I could had named the Thread a more suitable name, maybe, Did the moons direction change or is it just me not understanding...ya your right I was sooooo wrong in my very ill worded thread name. I apologize Sir

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
changed the Thread Title hopefully it explains my reasoning for this thread, and HOPEFULLY the wiser then thous will be happy know

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c313309940f.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't believe anyone is this dumb.

The op is right the moon isn't in it's normal position because it doesn't have a normal position. The moon is slowly moving away from the earth about an inch a year.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

Not a single week will pass these days, without someone claiming that the Sun / Earth / Moon / [Insert various other celestial objects here] is not where it is supposed to be.

Let's assume for a single second that the moon did in fact leave it's orbit .. okay ?

Do you really think you would be the first one to figure it out, by looking at the sky ?

I've heard they've got a special offer on clue-family-packs this week over at the grocery store.

Get one please.

Honestly I was thinking, everyone is focused on the hurricane and wasnt sure, I mean i wasnt trying to start fables here. I truely wasnt sure if what I was seeing is what I was seeing....I notice many threads being put up with these same type, non specific to this one, questions. And people need to realize, sometimes we dumb ignorant people ask heart felt questions without intent of pissing people off or considering people would react this way.....Look at those threads, Hurricane irene is a flase flag? know that is far fetch, that eq in virginia coulda been haarp, who knows but, most you all have made what others deem as lame/bad threads. But we who make these are probably being genuine looking for a genuine answer from the few very wise people who come here...
I must remember I am not part of the elite here who can bring their lame threads in pointing their fingers at haarp for every little natural event that happens.

i asked a similar question about the sun because even though i know there are variations and things like that, it can be very alarming to wake up and see something like the sun in an extremely different position just overnight and this was happening around the solstice and all other sorts of weird things were going on... so I had to ask because there are things that could effect stuff like that, which would not be good at all. To be alarmed is nothing unusual in my opinion. It's better to ask than to just assume there is something/nothing wrong. The moon has always had a strange orbit but there are many pages on the net that can explain all sorts of odd things about it. It's quite an interesting pearl up there in the sky and despite it being all in line with science, I don't think it will lose it's air of magic or mystery any time soon so I think it's perfectly normal to want to keep a special eye on it.
edit on 27-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Aggie Man

I know many ats members are out to try and discover the first of a new event or happening, this is nto the intent of this thread. People need to step back and TRY to understand the threads meaning , not jsut the words. Very harsh judgemental atsers

It's really simple buddy.

The amount of unsolved mysteries in the universe is infinite, I guess we agree.

And on the other hand, ATS's resources and manpower are limited.

By posting a ludicrous thread, asking a question that you might have easily answered yourself - simply by using common sense - you are wasting resources and manpower, thus it's your fault and your fault alone when humanity never figures out all of the secrets of the universe.

We'll turn into a failed species, and only because you asked if the moon is gone. Please.

YOU DO REALIZE I NEVER SAID ONE WORD REFERRING TO THE MOON BEING GONE RIGHT? Again judgement before completely reading i qguess, another famous atsers msot wise actions,I said it appears to be in a different place and moving in a differnet direction, so my question to you Most wise one, where did I say it is gone???

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
there should be a t&c rule mandating that every user has to have stellarium installed.

these threads would be needless

plus everyone could at least understand the basics of how things move out there

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Get one please.

i asked a similar question about the sun because even though i know there are variations and things like that, it can be very alarming to wake up and see something like the sun in an extremely different position just overnight and this was happening around the solstice and all other sorts of weird things were going on... so I had to ask because there are things that could effect stuff like that, which would not be good at all. To be alarmed is nothing unusual in my opinion. It's better to ask than to just assume there is something wrong. The moon has always had a strange orbit but there are many pages on the net that can explain all sorts of odd things about it. It's quite an interesting pearl up there in the sky and despite it being all in line with science, I don't think it will lose it's air of magic or mystery any time soon so I think it's perfectly normal to want to keep a special eye on it.

Im not alarmed or scarred, I am curious, because even though I watch the sky day and nights, I dont know much about astronomy, I know there is suppose to be a sos called axis change, if it did change woudl it be sudden or slowly? woudl this affect the sun and moons positions? there are many reasons a question like this could be asked. And yes I could serf the net, but again I honestly thought many of the so very wise people of ats would like ot help me get the answers, and im most thankful a few good truely wise people actually did give me answers...O ya, isnt the next equanox next month, I had wondered if that had anything to do with it.
Ok total admission here from msyelf to everyone, I do need to slow down and better word my threads as to not get judged so quickly and get more serious answers. peace and thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
there should be a t&c rule mandating that every user has to have stellarium installed.

these threads would be needless

plus everyone could at least understand the basics of how things move out there

then it should also be a rule that the world must have global UFO/alien disclosure before any of us can sit around asking questions about whether or not they are evil. What's the point of that when no one can even prove they exist?

ot saying i have anything against opinion in general but it's a similar situation. for all we know we've all gone blind and the stars are just some mental delusion we are having.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

i agree

but aliens are indeed evil

we are the aliens attacking humanity

its always an inside job

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The Moon has not changed direction,
Its apparent motion is clockwise in the northern hemisphere, or left to right, as is the sun's. If the Moon had changed in another aspect, like its orbital pattern around the Earth, you might expect to see a slightly different 'face' Maybe the Earth has got a bit more of a wobble of late, or it has slowed or sped up, all according to what you read minutely after the Japan earthquake.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join