It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over norway this morning [local]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

its alright. I just really thought they had discovered the cause without my knowing

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, on youtube you made a comment that the sighting could be VERY important, why?

If it were a missile, it's visual difference from the spiral could have helped characterize that event better. But it was a vain hope, alas.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Kali74
ISS maybe, but it seemed to be flashing or pulsating which I don't think happens with the ISS, not anytime that I've seen it anyway. I couldn't tell if it changed direction or not, it seemed to go left from my POV but could have just been the camera movement, so iridium flare maybe. That's the only prosaic explanations I can think of.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that you know perfectly well what it is and just want to call everyone idiots.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Well, I probably deserve that suspicion...

But I still don't know the location or time or direction of the light, so I can't prove any possible explanation.

However, in the video I suspect we may see a pre-dawn brightening sky to the east, and sunrise in northern Norway this morning was about 02:48 GMT, based on heavens-above data for Tromso.

What I would LIKE it to be. I can't make the evidence support. So we can just keep digging.

Are we sure the time makes this un-supportive of your theory? Isn't the sky at Mo i rana dim like that all night long at this time of year?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Could it be a rather distant airplane with a landing light? If it was coming head-on initially, might it not appear stationary? Then maybe it changed direction, causing it to appear as though it suddenly started moving from a hovering position. Only watched the video once, and nobody else has suggested this, so maybe I'm missing a factor that would rule this explanation out.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
After taking a second and third gander in full-screen with the lights off, I would guess it's not an airplane. Seems to be close enough that there should be some noise if it were, "seems" being the operative word. Can't say what it is. Seems pretty bright, too. It's hard to tell what kind of movement it has, if any, during the first part of the video, prior to the portion in which it becomes obvious that the thing is moving. Not sure if Chinese, or possibly Japanese, lantern can be completely ruled out. There would probably have to be a rather stiff breeze at the object's altitude for this to be the case, as it appears to have a good deal of zip to it as it passes by the reference point. As I cannot positively identify it, I'm going to fall back on my default explanation of space alien space ship from outer space.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well, its a Unidentified object but that doesn't mean its extraterrestrial
!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join