It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over norway this morning [local]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
UFO NORWAY
www.youtube.com...

What could it have been?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
just a small light, though it is an unidentified flying object its hard to say that its extraterrestrial. its not static so its not a distant star or planet, yet it doesn't move very quickly, or change direction at fantastic speeds, which is what makes the most famous UFO videos so peculiar. I'd have to say that this one is a satelite.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
why would an aircraft just suddenly turn out the lights they are required to have
by law , I cant tell for sure but, i think

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
thats a lantern slowly drifting to the skies...
2line

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's following a seemingly direct course, and the fact that it dims out leads me to believe that we're looking at an iridium flare. Such as this:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Imho, for what its worth the appearance is absolutely congruent with aircrafts I see sometimes flying by. By times they are smooth, silent and very bright. Ok, I never checked whether these really are regular aircrafts, it's just something I would assume.

ETA: I would exclude lanterns and iridium flares for various reasons.
edit on 27-8-2011 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well , I wish there was a little more location data than Norway. Anyone who has a healthy respect for scientific research into the internet phenomenon, will know that Hessdalen in Norway has a research station in it, which recorded several incidents of what appears to be a natural phenomenon caused by some sort of odd interaction between mineral deposits in the ground, and the electromagnetic circumstances of the weather that prevails there.

If this object was anywhere near there, this might be the explanation. Equally this object could be a satellite on a particularly clear night. It does not change direction from what I can tell (although I will admit that there are considerable portions of the video where the bright spot is the only visible feature, making it difficult to track in terms of its movement direction) and that would appear to point to a satellite or an aircraft of some sort , rather than a random expression of some odd weather phenomena.

However, I would appreciate more data, like location, precise time, and so on.

Interesting,but inconclusive.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
NanoSail-D made a pass at 03:12 local time. Mag 1.4.
Seems kind of bright for that though.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
chinese lantern... har skjedd i Norge før...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
ISS maybe, but it seemed to be flashing or pulsating which I don't think happens with the ISS, not anytime that I've seen it anyway. I couldn't tell if it changed direction or not, it seemed to go left from my POV but could have just been the camera movement, so iridium flare maybe. That's the only prosaic explanations I can think of.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that you know perfectly well what it is and just want to call everyone idiots.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I could be wrong but it could very well be a plane that took off from Mo I Rana Rossvoll Airport in Norway.

This so much looks like an Alison Kruse type UFO...

But I could be wrong.

Why do I have a feeling that you know exactly what it is??

Perhaps the JimO0000 in the yt comments area asking for where when and direction of the camera raised my suspicions...

ETA: embedding clip.

edit on 27-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: added yt clip.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
UFO NORWAY
www.youtube.com...

What could it have been?

Jim, for some reason i believe you know the identity of this.

www.brahmand.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
ISS maybe, but it seemed to be flashing or pulsating which I don't think happens with the ISS, not anytime that I've seen it anyway. I couldn't tell if it changed direction or not, it seemed to go left from my POV but could have just been the camera movement, so iridium flare maybe. That's the only prosaic explanations I can think of.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that you know perfectly well what it is and just want to call everyone idiots.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Well, I probably deserve that suspicion...

But I still don't know the location or time or direction of the light, so I can't prove any possible explanation.

However, in the video I suspect we may see a pre-dawn brightening sky to the east, and sunrise in northern Norway this morning was about 02:48 GMT, based on heavens-above data for Tromso.

What I would LIKE it to be. I can't make the evidence support. So we can just keep digging.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Moscow announced a Bulava missile test launch occurred today, at 0320 gmt. Since that looks to be an hour AFTER sunrise in Tromso, that juicy solution just doesn't fit. Still, somebody posting a video the same day did attract my attention. But not even close.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Moscow announced a Bulava missile test launch occurred today, at 0320 gmt. Since that looks to be an hour AFTER sunrise in Tromso, that juicy solution just doesn't fit. Still, somebody posting a video the same day did attract my attention. But not even close.

The YT poster said this was filmed in Mo i rana (their time is GMT +2 right?) and the object came from the west. Hopefully some facts can come out before looking into this anymore.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

could you please point me to your source that says the hessdalen lights are due to the mineral deposits in the area? I did not know they had found out the reason for this phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Jim, on youtube you made a comment that the sighting could be VERY important, why?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Looks like a standard white type UFO Orb. Norway does seem to get a lot of them to be honest. The camera action seems fairly honest, people seem fairly real.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by TrueBrit

could you please point me to your source that says the hessdalen lights are due to the mineral deposits in the area? I did not know they had found out the reason for this phenomenon.

I saw this idea somewhere too. Sounds more like a cover story/smoke screen for real ufo orb activity.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

My apologies ... I had rather a tough day yesterday , and my grammatical powers were not at thier highest ebb. What I should have said is that the weather phenomena angle is one of ( and from what I recall the most likely)the theories that was bought forward in connection with those lights.

Again, I apologise for my inadequate explanation on this occasion. I will make every effort to ensure that this does not happen with regularity .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join