It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Platform For America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would say you need to first scrap the entire tax code and come up with something simple with no loopholes in it that is fair for all levels of taxation. That way it not only is going to prevent global companies from exploiting it, but also ensures that it is more simple of a taxation on the people who are citizens of the country.

A review of all laws, both state and federal when it comes to businesses and any that prevents businesses from starting up needs to be removed off of the books. It also means that regulatory agencies need to be leashed and tightly to prevent them from over stepping their bounds, with the conditions that they set up guidelines that are fair and prevents misuses by future administrations.

All laws need to be written where anyone can read them, and not have to have a specialized degree or knowledge to understand and all laws coming into be voted on need to be less than 10 pages. (Cuts out all of the amendments and other things that have no relation to the law being voted on.)

Institute common sense in the programs that are helping people. I mean if a woman is going to go out and have children by different men, she should not be given a free ride for being a single mother. Once or even twice that is understandable, but more than that, she should not be getting any more aid for her going out and having a good time.

Stop all of the nanny state politics, it is our right to chose, let we the people chose what we eat or put into our bodies.

Ban all special interest and lobbyist from all state and federal government offices within a 4 mile radius and institute that they have to be from that state to protest, not be bussed in from different states.

Ban all Unions from being involved so heavily in politics. They are there to represent workers, not be pawns for candidates on elections. Put the same restrictions as religions do when it comes to that.

And put forth any religious organization that gets involved in any political movement or law will immediately lose all tax exempt and be required to pay back taxes for the last 150 years, first offense and that is the punishment.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I like some of your platform and agree with it wholeheartedly. Some not so much.....

Now it's time for you to put it to the test.....

Plunk down some money and run for public office. School board, mayor, city council, etc. See if you can get some backers, put together a campaign and run under any banner you feel appropriate.

Posting on the www. is just intellectual masturbation until put into actual practice.

I'm running for city council in my small village on the "clean up your ****** yard" ticket.

I don't have that kind of money my friend. It takes millions to run for office and I am too honest and outspoken to be able to raise that kind of cash. Local politics is a different thing though, I may do that after I relocate to Florida in October.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I would say you need to first scrap the entire tax code and come up with something simple with no loopholes in it that is fair for all levels of taxation. That way it not only is going to prevent global companies from exploiting it, but also ensures that it is more simple of a taxation on the people who are citizens of the country.
Please check out fairtax.org. I don't need to reinvent the wheel, they have already done a good job imo.

Originally posted by sdcigarpigA review of all laws, both state and federal when it comes to businesses and any that prevents businesses from starting up needs to be removed off of the books. It also means that regulatory agencies need to be leashed and tightly to prevent them from over stepping their bounds, with the conditions that they set up guidelines that are fair and prevents misuses by future administrations.
I agree, and it is definitely an area worth exploring.

Originally posted by sdcigarpigAll laws need to be written where anyone can read them, and not have to have a specialized degree or knowledge to understand and all laws coming into be voted on need to be less than 10 pages. (Cuts out all of the amendments and other things that have no relation to the law being voted on.)
Great idea. I have always believed that lawyers should not be making laws. It is a conflict of interest, and leads to the gargantuan legal codes we have now.

Originally posted by sdcigarpigInstitute common sense in the programs that are helping people. I mean if a woman is going to go out and have children by different men, she should not be given a free ride for being a single mother. Once or even twice that is understandable, but more than that, she should not be getting any more aid for her going out and having a good time.
I believe that people should shoulder the burden of their own mistakes. The government should not be supporting a person like this at all. That is what families, churches, and private charities are for.

Originally posted by sdcigarpigStop all of the nanny state politics, it is our right to chose, let we the people chose what we eat or put into our bodies.
Preaching to the choir my friend.

Originally posted by sdcigarpigBan all special interest and lobbyist from all state and federal government offices within a 4 mile radius and institute that they have to be from that state to protest, not be bussed in from different states.
Sorry, but we must part ways here. I am an ardent supporter of the first amendment. However it should apply ONLY to PEOPLE, not corporations.

Originally posted by sdcigarpigBan all Unions from being involved so heavily in politics. They are there to represent workers, not be pawns for candidates on elections. Put the same restrictions as religions do when it comes to that.
Religions already suffer the threat of lost tax exempt status for such activities. Unions? In their day they were necessary for people to have a chance against big business. Now, they are extremely corrupt and concerned about nothing but the expansion of their own power and influence.

And put forth any religious organization that gets involved in any political movement or law will immediately lose all tax exempt and be required to pay back taxes for the last 150 years, first offense and that is the punishment.
I do not believe in retroactive application of any laws. I don't believe in retroactive punishment. We must disagree here.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Get out of the UN. Cancel all unconstitutional agreements that interfere with the sovereignty of the U.S. End all foreign intervention. Put tariffs on all goods that compete with American made products. Tax Wall Street. Hold hearings and prosecute the Wall Street Robber Barons. Hold hearings into the actions of officials with dual citizenship...US/Israel. Demand damages from Israel for the attack on the USS Liberty. Review all government contracts to ascertain whom exactly is responsible for our security. Abolish the TSA. Fire ALL CIA employees and close the buildings without warning. Review all CIA records and hold public meetings to discuss the findings. Hold hearings on the actions of the FBI after concluding the CIA investigation. Eliminate the BATFE. Reform the FDA while reviewing all case history. Prosecute those that persecuted Burzynski and others. Publicly condemn the false 911 investigation and open a new one. Open an investigation into the eligibility of Barack Obama to have been president. Review all executive orders since JFK. Cut at least 80 percent of the federal government. Make public the balance of federal assets and the income from these assets that are separate from the budget. End the war on drugs and release all prisoners that are in prison for simple drug use or distribution of marijuana. Close all prisons for profit.
That is a start.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

On the part of the punishment for any religious group or church that gets involved in politics, the punishment needs to hurt and be such that it forces them to make a choice do they want to be involved in politics or continue to enjoy the protections of being a non profit group.

The problem is that punishments do not hurt, and the larger churchs afford too much protection and can afford small fines. Make it hurt, make it hurt so bad that they will think twice about even breaking the law when it comes to that. That way they are going to think long and hard before breaking the law and at the same time, it will set an example to the rest where they will be very hesitent about such. It would also serve to curtail the workings of some groups, can you think of one or 2 that uses the church protection to continue to do more harm than what they should be doing?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Punishment is one thing. Retroactive punishment opens a whole other can of worms.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But it would not be retoractive if you worded it where the taxes due would be equal to 150 years worth of past due taxes, it would hurt. Think about all of the major political/legal fights where one religious group or another were found to be involved and all they got was a slap on the hand and a very small fine. But if they had a very large fine, something that would have hurt and make them smart for years to come, along with the loss of that tax exempt status, it would send a clear message to the rest of the religious groups out there that hey don't do unless it really is worth it.

When you look at some of the criminal and political cases involving the religious institutions it seems like it is not the first nor the last time that they are doing such, and violating both federal and state laws. As there is no way to really determine how long that they have been doing such, there fore that kind of law would also take into account all violations of the laws that go back 150 years in the past.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

But it would not be retoractive if you worded it where the taxes due would be equal to 150 years worth of past due taxes, it would hurt. Think about all of the major political/legal fights where one religious group or another were found to be involved and all they got was a slap on the hand and a very small fine. But if they had a very large fine, something that would have hurt and make them smart for years to come, along with the loss of that tax exempt status, it would send a clear message to the rest of the religious groups out there that hey don't do unless it really is worth it.

When you look at some of the criminal and political cases involving the religious institutions it seems like it is not the first nor the last time that they are doing such, and violating both federal and state laws. As there is no way to really determine how long that they have been doing such, there fore that kind of law would also take into account all violations of the laws that go back 150 years in the past.
Look, I get it. You are an atheist and want to punish and destroy those who believe otherwise. However, our nation allows freedom of religion. More, religions are protected, even religions I personally find detestable are protected. That is the nature of freedom. If you do not like freedom, you can always move to China or something. They share your hatred of religious institutions.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I am not an atheist, I do have a set of beliefs and strong about them. However, when you look at all of the scandles with the Catholic church and sex abuse of young children, then the cover ups, yet they still enjoy the very protection and then continue to operate with out impunity.

Focus on the Family and other groups like them, having a political agenda to try to sway legalized discrimination against homosexuals and others that they view is wrong, here again a small fine and a slap on the wrist.

Even the Mormon church, was proven in a court of law to be involved in the california prop 8 and yet not one small fine or punishment, not to mention all of the sex scandles, yet no punishment for the very organization that caused the messes and the lists go on. If they did it once, twice or even three times then they are going to do it again when they think they can do it again.

It needs to stop and they need to know that such activities, no matter how well intentioned is not only incorrect, but also against the law and they can not continue to flagerantly break the law and use their church or belief as a shield. Sanctuary can only go so far. The police would go in and arrest a murderer in a church, then why can the state not punish a church or a large religious organization for violating the laws?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
my security software just blocked 2 eperate malicious attacks -back to back- in the last 15 seconds...

and that's without me posting something that was offensive to somebody in the thread --- so these attacks are Not Always by a disgruntled member, who got admonished by me and lost-face on the forum...

sorry, I got so wrapped up in that thought that i forgot the ideas i was going to post...

let me look at the OP again

sorry 'bout that

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I concur--- the budget must be balanced... i.e. only funded programs & funded policies should be paid for

hell with doing a 'defense' spending in the Trillion $ range when only $500. Billion is available
SS Fund which is called FICA tax should definitely be in a 'lock-box' that the crooks in congress lie about having in place... but steal from to fund policies that feather their political nest/ their retirement nest

the taxes on financial transactions should be the only source for 'defense' spending... whereas the defense and war department siphons the received tax monies from the SS fund... instead (because the banker lobby has shut off their 'fair share' payments into the tax money pool !!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join