It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Swarm Central Cali?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Saturday August 27 2011, 10:35:59 UTC 2 minutes ago Central California 1.7 4.9 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:31:17 UTC 6 minutes ago Central Alaska 1.2 40.0 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:26:09 UTC 11 minutes ago Nevada 1.5 8.5 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:25:47 UTC 12 minutes ago Central California 2.0 5.7 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:25:47 UTC 12 minutes ago Central California 2.0 5.7 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:15:04 UTC 22 minutes ago Central California 2.2 5.3 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:10:42 UTC 27 minutes ago Central California 1.5 4.0 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:10:42 UTC 27 minutes ago Central California 1.5 4.0 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:04:00 UTC 34 minutes ago Central California 2.4 6.6 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 10:03:04 UTC 34 minutes ago western Montana 1.6 15.9 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 09:58:45 UTC 39 minutes ago Central Alaska 2.5 13.2 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 09:51:13 UTC 46 minutes ago Central California 1.0 7.9 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 09:48:03 UTC 49 minutes ago Central California 1.3 5.3 Detail
Saturday August 27 2011, 09:46:13 UTC 51 minutes ago Central California 1.3 6.0 Detail

Just small ones, but lots of them. I haven't seen like this before. I live in SoCal, i wonder whats brewing down there...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
wow didnt that psychic predict this for 10.22pm last night or something close, cant recall the exact details as didnt really pay it any attention, but if so then wow!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Whoa. That's kinda freaky. So many of them... I'm glad I don't live in Cali!
second line.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

These occurred underneath State Route 25, northwest of San Benito. The only significantly sized quake appears to be the 4.6, which preceded a 3.3 around 2-3 hours ago as of this writing, indicating that the 3.3 was a possible aftershock, with the 4.6 being the main quake. A more powerful quake could occur with the next 24-48 hours.

This was on the San Andreas fault line, occurring on the central stretch of the fault that runs for approx. 130 miles in central California.

My personal opinion? No major quakes will occur from this, swarms happen occasionally and usually indicate larger quakes within the next week (personal observation from Puerto Rican quake swarm a couple of months ago, and after the Alaskan one that caused a 7.1 not too long ago), but my guess, nothing will happen.

Because I live in Southern California, and nothing ever happens here.

Nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

These occurred underneath State Route 25, northwest of San Benito. The only significantly sized quake appears to be the 4.6, which preceded a 3.3 around 2-3 hours ago as of this writing, indicating that the 3.3 was a possible aftershock, with the 4.6 being the main quake. A more powerful quake could occur with the next 24-48 hours.

This was on the San Andreas fault line, occurring on the central stretch of the fault that runs for approx. 130 miles in central California.

My personal opinion? No major quakes will occur from this, swarms happen occasionally and usually indicate larger quakes within the next week (personal observation from Puerto Rican quake swarm a couple of months ago, and after the Alaskan one that caused a 7.1 not too long ago), but my guess, nothing will happen.

Nothing.

Living in California has us assume nothing will happen because we dont want it to. But please elaborate on the Puerto Rico Incident.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i'm in southern california. and am worried for the west coast. can we make it a little bit longer. NEW MADRID FIRST. sorry...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is still going on.

4 hours and counting....

Starting to worry now.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
wow, iv never noticed this before.
they are small but if you zoome right in they are litterly dozzons of them within a very very small time frame right on top of one another!!

very bizzare!! nice catch op!!

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am on the map now, it keeps reporting more and more small eq's (15 min ago, 5 min ago..).
Interesting. We need to watch this further.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just counted the small quakes I'm California in past 24 hours there have been 124 ranging from 1.to 3.9
Is there anyway to search for information as to if this is alot for California? I am originally from California and think this is average.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Man its still going hard what the heck is going on

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Screenshot of 5-10 minutes ago to see what he is talking about...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well? What's happening now?

This seems bigger than a regular swarm already.

Anybody local to this area?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Aren't there multiple swarms going on now? One by Cloverfield, Mammoth Lakes, and now this one?

I know of several faults just around Los Angeles that can produce very large quakes and haven't in a while, quite a few of them are overdue. Hopefully it's nothing, just a few burps here and there to relieve pressure. I'd be more worried if we stopped having quakes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes I thought I saw other swarms on the maps too. Did anyone look over at Greece and Turkey? Alaska as well. *Pictures below*

6 Hours ago: Chile
5 Hours ago: 5.4 Mongolia
4 Hours ago: 4.8 Guatemala
1 Hour ago: 4.7 Indonesia
45 inutes ago: 4.9 near Fukushima (can't these people get a break?)
30 minutes ago: 4.3 Mexico

I am not well versed in the daily EQ statistics. I would like to know if the amounts we are seeing is normal. I am going to try and find data online unless someone here has something they can post.

Screenshot at 11:30am -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f5653077525.jpg[/atsimg]

Screenshot of Greece/Turkey region at 11:30am -
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f150d91b079c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Nothing.

Living in California has us assume nothing will happen because we dont want it to. But please elaborate on the Puerto Rico Incident.

Yes, wishful thinking I'd guess. Anyways, it was awhile back, but there was a swarm in Puerto Rico that went on for several days before dying down and going quiet for a day, suddenly a fairly large quake (6.0~) occurred in the same spot the swarm had happened. Coincidence some would say, but it's just a personal observation, I have no scientific background and make no claims to anything.

Dutchsinse also made note of the event.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
Aren't there multiple swarms going on now? One by Cloverfield, Mammoth Lakes, and now this one?

I know of several faults just around Los Angeles that can produce very large quakes and haven't in a while, quite a few of them are overdue. Hopefully it's nothing, just a few burps here and there to relieve pressure. I'd be more worried if we stopped having quakes.

1's, 2's and 3's are not enough to relieve pressure of even a 7, much less an 8 (or worse), it would take a substantial number of them to prevent such a quake. Hopefully, though, nothing comes of this.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
being a east coaster, i dont know of the logistics involved in small quakes preventing a larger one.

so im on the fence so far, cuz to me it always looks like theres small swarm quakes in that area,

but then again maybe the increased swarm means a big one may be on its way?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Damn they are still happening, but with less frequency.

Is it normal? I mean its definately an increase in frequency worth mentioning.

There's no way of telling what will come of it though.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Depends on what you mean by 'normal'.. certainly could say they are abnormal, because they are never expected, but would anything come from this? Only time will tell. I'm starting to get the feeling a fairly large sized quake could come from this, but the only reason I have doubts is because of the 4.6 that had already occurred. I'm guessing maybe a 5, or even a 6, could occur by next week, if the swarm continues and goes silent within 5-6 days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join