It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Care to give your opinion on my sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
First off I'm sorry to say that I do not have pictures, at the time I was unloading my guitar out of my car.
So here's what happened :
I went outside to grab my guitar out of my back seat and after I shut the door I looked up.
Mainly because I always look at the stars you can see them perfectly where I live
Then right in my sight, not even out of the corner of my eye it was right in my central view. I saw a light that looked like it bounced then it went downwards diagonally then the light was gone. I'd say literally two seconds later the same light appeared and went straight up for a second then it vanished and that was it.

Now I'm asking for your opinion this because to be honest it could have been something known. Now I don't think it was a plain or even a helicopter and I'm not sure what kind of weather balloon could do that but who knows maybe there's one out there. The only thing I could think besides UFO was a shooting star but again, the pattern it moved in was way different than the shooting stars I've seen.

Also, I have seen about three UFO's in my life that I absolutely have no clue what it was even after extensive research, but this one I saw tonight could be explained. Which is why I posted it.

So, what are your thoughts, do you know of anything that moves like that?

Oh and here's a crappy drawing so you get an idea of what I saw.

[X]
edit on 27-8-2011 by MyCigs because: Added a picture

edit on 27-8-2011 by MyCigs because: Fixed some typos haha

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

Since there are no pics, there is not anything to debunk really.

I cannot debunk your words, for i cannot say you are lying or making it up. What you saw, i have no idea, it might have been many things.

vvv

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyCigs
Now I'm asking you to debunk this

There, I just debunked it.

Debunk what exactly?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by MyCigs

Since there are no pics, there is not anything to debunk really.

I cannot debunk your words, for i cannot say you are lying or making it up. What you saw, i have no idea, it might have been many things.

vvv

Mostly I'm asking if anyone knows of anything that has a flight pattern like what I described.
I mean I can go on paint and draw what I saw if that helps but I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
How is one to debunk a sighting without any sort of proof provided? Your description wasnt very detailed either....Not meaning to take away from an awesome experience (seeing a ufo), but if you are going to ask someone to debunk something you need to present some stronger evidence.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by MyCigs
Now I'm asking you to debunk this

There, I just debunked it.

Debunk what exactly?

Funny guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

Then you are asking for a flight pattern, not a debunking?

We can say it was a chopper, a plane, a chinese lantern, a fart that someone lighted, and you can come back and say "No, that is not what i saw, it was something else"

Do you see how this will never work to debunk?

vvv

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by MyCigs

Then you are asking for a flight pattern, not a debunking?

We can say it was a chopper, a plane, a chinese lantern, a fart that someone lighted, and you can come back and say "No, that is not what i saw, it was something else"

Do you see how this will never work to debunk?

vvv

Actually it could you're just not taking it seriously.
It's easy, I'll use your examples too.
Does a chopper move in the pattern that was described. Not if a chopper can disappear.
Does a Chinese lantern move like that. Again not if it can disappear and re-appear
Does a fart, I mean come on really.
All I'm asking is if anyone knows of something that moves like that then just vanishes, re-appears and goes straight up. If someone comes out and has an answer that matches up with what I saw then its debunked.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

theres just too little information to debunk anything.....
2nd line

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

Well, can you tell me some more. Like how far away it was from you, how big you think it was, how fast it was moving? I mean from the info you gave it could be a little lighning bug flying around, someone in the distance playing with a flashlight.....anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankojudd
reply to post by MyCigs

theres just too little information to debunk anything.....
2nd line

Ok then let's change the word debunking to opinion.
What is your opinion on what I saw.
Even with the little bit of information I have you should be able to rule out most things then find some that sound similar.
Oh I added a piece of junk picture I drew in paint if it helps, which I doubt it does.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

No photo. Never a photo never a video never solid proof.

Debunked.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

As for distance, I honestly couldn't give you a definitive answer, there's a water tower not far away but it looks like it's close and it was at least 30-35 feet above that.
Speed, it was going fast but it didnt travel a whole lot of distance until the end. The whole thing happened within about 8 seconds. At the end when I last saw it when it was going up I even had to tilt my head up to see where it was going then right after, poof gone.
Size is a little more accurate because it was at least 3 times bigger than the stars that were near it, so I'd say roughly 20 feet across?
That's really all the information I have, I mean it would be nice if someone knew something that was capable of that but really it's just cool to share.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

SWAMP GAS!

Sounds to fit the definition of an 'unidentified flying object' to the tee. As to what it is, I am at a loss. Keep a cam handy and maybe you will see it again soon and be able to post a pick.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

this should go into the GRAY area, they done that with my sighting, NO evidence, no proof, NOTHING only your story..... As they say to me, no one is interested, except you maybe.

if you know it's true, thats good enough...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I also saw some random light last night....

This one was bright but slow. So first im thinking maybe a plane, as it was near normal flight patterns but it had no flashing lights, noise or anything. Then I was thinking, just a satellite... but it seemed far too bright and was way too low and didn't seem to be orbiting the planet.

I was watching it for a decent 15 minutes, just cruising along. It was really bright and large at first and just slowly disappeared into the distance. Anyway, the most earthly explanation I could think of was a helicopter maybe. But they tend to make quite a lot of noise. Does a helicopter need to have a flashing light like a plane?
I would assume so..? Anyone else got any sort of explanation for something like that?

It was definitely one of the first really odd things I have ever seen in the sky that I could not rationally explain. So my first UFO (not saying alien spacecraft) experience I guess.

Anyway, just thought I would share

top topics

join