It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

african advancements

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
E, you have no place talking to me.

I'll move on with the past when southern states remove the confederate flags off their court houses.

Your ignorance is showing again, you might want to pull on your shirt and cover it.

It is very apparent that your whole young life is totally caught up in one thing - race. As far as all the people mentioned in the Bible being black - you'd better read it yourself and not get caught up in what Louis tells you.

As far as the flags coming down, there's only one reason why I oppse the flags coming down, and that is racists such as yourself demanding them down. You've been taught by Louis and friends that the whole reason for the Civil War was because the South wanted to continue to oppress the Black slaves.

I really don't know which I despise more, people like you or the scum that use the Confederate flag as the symbol for their skin-headed hate. As far as I can figure, if both groups would leave and not look back, the rest of us Americans would be a lot better off.

But, hey, y'all keep on with this ethnocentric arguing. It accomplishes nothing but ill feelings and gives you one more embarrassing memory for when you all grow up.

After all this ethno-crap, I'd really expect that each and every one of you are the leaders in science, math and arts in your respective races. Don't try and wave the accomplishments of your ancestors from 6,000 years ago as if it is your own accomplishments.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Heh,

My grandparent's came from Germany ... Guess that make's me german-american? I alway's consider myself plain american though. It's where I was born and raised. My mom's side came from england I think ... And I know I have a little native american in me too. Pocahontas(SP?) is one of my ancester's! Believe it or not, she's also one of my wife's too... Talk about inbreeding

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
were given to the world by African culture.....why is it that most nations in Africa are considered "third-world" countries? Hmm...??? Egyptians are arabs. Have you been to egypt? I have. I love how some can claim that cultures such as Carthage, and Egypt are "African"....bah, wishful thinking.... African culture has made it's own contributions, to be sure, but trying to lump in Egypt is simply trying to take credit for someone's else's contribution....

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Again, why if Africa is so great is it the third world king? It has what? one true african country that isn't third world? Then Egypt is arab.

"It's a third world after all." Native african song.(j/k)

Africa is a good example of what happens when no one controls the people. Either having sex or burying bodies or complaining that they have no food. If the women got off their backs and closed there legs and worked to make food, wouldn't be starving. If the men stopped plugging their wives, and got jobs, they wouldn't be starving. If they did more than have sex and spread aids, they wouldn't be starving. Also, they have all this time to show up on t.v. starving and begging for food, why don't they take that time and I don't know, work? Hunt? Plant?

Instead of sending food and money, send condoms and people to teach them how to plant and grow food. Actually, forget condoms, send hedge clippers and tell them to cut their b@ll$ off. If you don't have seven kids by age of thirteen, you are unproductive. Not all of them live, but must have at least given birth/made seven kids.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Okay....

To end this right now i am saying this!

EVERYONE IS UNDER THE SAME GOD, NOT MATTER WHAT THEY CALL HIM!

I don't agree with people picking on each other because of their sex, race or colour!!!!!

I am not a racist and never will be.....

I don't care what they hell you look like...you could be green with purple spots, but i'd still talk and get to know you!!!

So can everyone just drop the matter before i end up dishing out some Cyber PRNs and shut you up?

Thanks

Raven

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Illmatic:

I am well aware of the relationship and similarities between the black and American Indian in earlier times. I have also had to endure a great deal of overt and subtle racist expression. I too have been called many names ("Spick" and "Greaser" were popular due to my somewhat hispanic appearance, as well as "Halfbreed", although I think my personal favorite was "mud-colored people", that at least took a bit of creativity).

You notice that I am at least able to laugh it off? Yeah, it still hurts, and those memories will always be with me. But, I also know that my ancestors went through far worse, and they sacrificed to give me the chances I have today to make something of myself. To not take advantage of those chances would be to disrespect those who suffered the most and gave all for me.

Sure, I do remember those days, and those people who lived that life and acted that way, not just to me but to many hispanic and black people I knew and grew up with. But, I also like to fast forward to today. I have a very comfortable, secure job. I have a wonderful family. I have respect for all my coworkers and peers, and have the respect of all my coworkers and peers. I also know I make a difference (however slight) for the community I live in.

Those people? I have gone back to my hometown occassionally. The vast majority of these people still live there, in a broken down, bankrupt old oilfield town. The best of the "good old boys" is a mechanic, barely supporting his 4 kids. One of them, (as disgusting as it is, I swear it to be true) still lives in his parents trailer, and has had 2 kids with his own sister. Yes, they still hold thier old views, that I am the inferior due to my race. But then, I can go home to reality, and leave them as human turds floating in an unflushed toilet.

Ill, you have branded myself, as well as Thomas Crowne, JediMaster, E Nonymous, Ultar Pheonix, and I am sure many others who I am currently forgetting as racists. I grew up with racism, and let me let you in on a little secret these guys are NOT racist!

All of these people you have branded racist have simply posted points of view that happen to be different from yours, and I would say that all of thier posts are perfectly valid! My post, is perfectly valid, and I justified the grounds on which it was valid. While it is appropriate to disagree with someone, it is not appropriate to brand them racist because they disagree with you.

Again, African cultures did in fact have a great deal to offer, and made many advances. So did other cultures. I might suggest that attempting to have one be superior over the other is a stupid and unproductive discussion, as there are myriad multiple criteria to base such a discussion on. However, I have to say that Africa is not the be all, end all of civilization, and neither is any other. And I am sorry, I wont be branded a racist for saying so.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
trust an irish-american to start slating the english but we wernt the kindest ppl wen it comes to the irish but all that s**t shud of ended along time ago. It does annoy me that alot of IRA funding came from americans whose Great great grandfathers dog was irish & most of them probly hadnt even been there.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellequin
trust an irish-american to start slating the english but we wernt the kindest ppl wen it comes to the irish but all that s**t shud of ended along time ago. It does annoy me that alot of IRA funding came from americans whose Great great grandfathers dog was irish & most of them probly hadnt even been there.

I think that the anti-Irish thing should stop here(this is going to whomever started this). This is not a topic on the "Irish dragging the confrontation with the English out" it is a topic debating whether or not Africa's contribution to society were greater than Europe's. So please... stay as civil as possible.

*cavalry trumpets sound* Yer not gonna eb the only one arguing here anymore, Ill. I'm going to try to put some stuff out there.

Now..... You guys really want to know why most of Africa is third-world? Because Europe came over and conquered them. Europeans took from them till everything was gone, and even then took more, and more, and more. So it wasn't the African's fault at all. They had powerful empires there for the longest time, did they not? And they fell when Europe came. That is when these empires were reduced to tiny little thrid-world countries. Now, because of the Europeans, Africans struggle against each other because tribal boundaries are overthown by what the English and French and so on introduced.

Also, can someone give me something that Europe actually came up with on its own? Don't say democracy... This was prolly adapted from councils in different tribes. The greeks saw this and adapted it. Please.... One thing.
And as a white, I find it disgusting to see that my fellow Europenas refuse to admit that something was better than them... or is this the lingering racial slur agains the Africans speaking? Who can be sure?

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Oh God save us.

Listen, if Africa was so "mighty" then why could'nt they beat the Europeans? How come they could'nt stop these tribal wars?

It was not Europes fault, you are sounding like Ill or a white person who sucks up to blacks.

Europe has done a lot. They created democracy, it was not form some African tribe. There is no proof of that, in history books they say Athens did it not the Africans. But I guess those books are racist huh?

Europe has won this debate and it will always prevail.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Africa gave us giraffe's ... They're cool neato top shiat!!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Great villages maybe... Before Europeans came, African societies were pretty much like most of the more remote tribes are even to this day. They lived in huts, barely used metal, and had a hunter/gatherer society with some agrarian tendencies. To deny this is wishful thinking, just as claiming the Egyptians as Africans is likewise wishful thinking.

I'll admit to the advancements given by the Egyptians, but to lump them in with the other societies of Africa is a grave injustice to Egyptians....

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
. We want real advancements not some stupid animal. But hey, we won they lost.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Africa gave us ... The slave's our ancestor's enjoyed so much ... Is that an advancement? Without them we would have been to busy in the cotton field's instead of inventing new cool toy's to play with ...

Sorry Ill ... Had to say it ... Kinda like you have to be a racist little prick yourself! lol

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Good point Gazrok.

You cannot just say Egypt, that is saying Egypt is better than Europe not Africa is better. Egypt cannot represent all of Africa.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Great villages maybe... Before Europeans came, African societies were pretty much like most of the more remote tribes are even to this day. They lived in huts, barely used metal, and had a hunter/gatherer society with some agrarian tendencies. To deny this is wishful thinking, just as claiming the Egyptians as Africans is likewise wishful thinking.

I'll admit to the advancements given by the Egyptians, but to lump them in with the other societies of Africa is a grave injustice to Egyptians....

One word for ya, Gazrok: Ghana(think that's the name at least).

Believe me, man, i have tons of respect for you. Huge amounts. But, it's hard for me to believe that someone as intelligent as you would deny that Africa had empires. Egypt, Ghana.... a couple others.... It just sit well within me.

JM:

3 simple little letters; G U N Europeans used Asia's pride, the great fire-stick(that's what it was believed to be by EUROPEANS[who are supposedly so smart] for years) against Africa. Then they slaughtered thousands and took some as slaves.

And suck up to blacks? WTF is that supposed to mean? Man, i thought you were smarter than this...

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

One word for ya, Gazrok: Ghana(think that's the name at least).

Believe me, man, i have tons of respect for you. Huge amounts. But, it's hard for me to believe that someone as intelligent as you would deny that Africa had empires. Egypt, Ghana.... a couple others.... It just sit well within me.

JM:

3 simple little letters; G U N Europeans used Asia's pride, the great fire-stick(that's what it was believed to be by EUROPEANS[who are supposedly so smart] for years) against Africa. Then they slaughtered thousands and took some as slaves.

And suck up to blacks? WTF is that supposed to mean? Man, i thought you were smarter than this...

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I hate to resort to name-calling but you are ignorant.

You are sucking-up to Illmatic. Maybe you should join his fan club.

Europe made guns themselves and they had every right to conquer the world and conquer Africa.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey !!! I wanna join the ILL fan club! LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Granted, Ill made this a racial subject that it wasnt originally. However, we are playing into the trap and propogating it.

Can I suggest we get back on topic like big boys and girls?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toy's R us kid!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join