It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Attack:Ron Paul: No FEMA response necessary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Thank you for educating me further by your personal experience.

edit on 27-8-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
X-rays show that the USA has a broken FEMA
And Humerus too.

With that much physically wrong, and fiscally. They are inherently unreliable, and it's not funny anymore.

The idea is to allow individual states to keep more of their own money in-house. Build their own disaster systems, tailor made for their own needs.

I hope people remember the politicians of LA. BEGGING for federal help while all hell was breaking loose.
Waiting for things to be moved in. When they could have had them on hand from the beginning.
They blamed the Federal government for some things they should have been taking care of themselves.

We really need to stop begging from big Uncle Sam.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

FEMA won't accept Amtrak's help in evacuations
news.ft.com...

FEMA turns away experienced firefighters
www.dailykos.com...

FEMA turns back Wal-Mart supply trucks
www.nytimes.com...

FEMA prevents Coast Guard from delivering diesel fuel
www.nytimes.com...

FEMA won't let Red Cross deliver food
www.post-gazette.com...

FEMA bars morticians from entering New Orleans
www.zwire.com...

FEMA blocks 500-boat citizen flotilla from delivering aid
www.dailykos.com...

FEMA fails to utilize Navy ship with 600-bed hospital on board
www.chicagotribune.com...

FEMA to Chicago: Send just one truck
www.chicagotribune.com...

FEMA turns away generators
www.wwltv.com...

FEMA: "First Responders Urged Not To Respond" LMAO!!!!!!!
www.fema.gov...

Oh sorry Black,you said good things..............

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nice work.

Ain't ya glad they're there to help.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

tks......

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I can't watch that video right now, but I did notice it is from 1938.
That's before people even had tv.

Back then storms just hit, and only the old folks could sorta tell the signs that one was coming. People didn't have cars or electricity for the most part- there was no evacuation quickly possibility.

I don't think a 1938 disaster can be compared to what today would be like without fema.

Today we DO have the media that alerts us. We have the internet and we tell each other too.
I mean, last night, for example, people were watching the eye wall, hence the thread about the question of what happend to the eye- now that was laymen up all night watching that stuff and trying to figure it out.

Some criticized the thread for being fear mongering or whatever, but I personally thought it was cool that we have all these regular folks that are nighttime 'watchers' among us.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I live in the only part of the gulf coast minimally hit by Katrina and Rita, but I've got friends and family all along the coast. It is "nice" to have government help, but only when they are helpful. The problem is that the govenment can't wipe it's own behind, let alone get it's act together for a major disaster.

That being said, while Fema was much to blame for the crap that happened here, Fema delaying coming to aid us was because Blanco fought a fight over who had the authority between her and Bush. Hence why she was not elected again.

Again, I'm not against help, when it's there, but no, it's not necesscerily the Government's place to be taking care of me. Life is risk.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I think the States did the right thing,by telling folks to evacuate,even if its not bad. They also told people if you didnt heed the warnings,you were on your own......In 1938,PEOPLE didn't rely on the Government.The Government relied on the PEOPLE. Funny how times changed.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well I for one think Ron Paul was getting across the point that "STATE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT" would be a more efficient way of handling "STATE" emergencies. Since when did people forget that issues like these are under STATE government's jurisdiction, not FEDERAL. To me that was the ONLY point Ron was making and it is absolutely correct. He also stated If you actually "LISTEN and COMPREHEND" that Fema can exist, but it should not be used in every disaster. STATES should have the authority to say whther the EMERGENCY warrants the use of FEMA. This is how we would operate in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

I really don't get how people cannot actually listen to a conversation and understand what he is saying, its as if you need a freaking tour guide to the English language.

EDIT: or- people are just happy to get a sound bite they can manipulate into making the guy look evil. Its funny how one of the most sincere honest men in history, can be made to look like a leper, because people have no common sense.

edit on 27-8-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonixashes22

Whats even more crazy is that his position would benefit Israel.

They are just too ingrained in their own propaganda BS to know any better.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, I always thought Palestine wouldn't be so desperate in their behavior if they had only 1 enemy to negotiate with.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I support Ron Paul for President, but I do not agree with him on every issue. I think an agency like FEMA but not as big as FEMA is necessary. FEMA has so many planners and people to follow up with people receiving assistance that the entire department is a waste. I actually would much rather the national guard to be given the FEMA role. That is if they weren't off fighting wars. The national guard has access to amphibious vehicles and helicopters that could have been mobilized hours after Katrina hit. But they were not allowed to. Instead we sent in Blackwater, and got mad at citizens who had guns protecting their property.

I would not be opposed to some type of privatized FEMA type insurance program, that specialized in getting people on their feet after a catastrophic event. However, I think our nation benefits from an emergency planning agency. The cost of FEMA is rediculous though.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

i agree with you on there i just hope this attack will be short and since no body gives a crab about MSNBC and since they are known to obamas newsnetwork hopefully it will be gone in matter of a week.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just saw on CNN Situation Room....another attack on Ron Paul wanting to rid the country of FEMA. It is amazing to me that the MSM manages to ignore Ron Paul, but when they want to slam him all of a sudden remember he is running.

FEMA is a bloated department that rarely makes effect uses of its resources. I will give them that they are very good at planning, but their response and recovery suck incredibly. Honestly I do not think there should be no FEMA until another method of securing people after a disaster has been erected. But, that still does not mean I think FEMA is a great department.

I see no problem with States working together to secure their interests, and having the national guard fill in the gap when the state cannot handle the scope of the disaster. In my state currently they have contacted several other neighboring states and brought in electrical repair crews to assist restoring power. If the states can handle this, they should be able to handle erecting temporary shelters, and bulldozers to clear roads.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yes FEMA were So much help for Katrina.
FEMA is just to give jobs to there people!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
it didnt seem like they were slamming ron paul, they were just letting him speak his piece against fema, a useless agency dedicated to squandering tax dollars.

nothin wrong with that imo.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The largest over-reaction ever. This Hurricane although dangerous for the amount of flooding it will create does not warrant the reaction that it has got. I don't want to be coddled, I don't want to have John Q. Government holding my hand, I want to live my life man...I want to live my life my way... I wanna be like that guy that parked is jeep at a gas station when the Hurricane came though and lived to tell people about it...That's living man...I wanna live

Gov can take their military beans and stuff them up you know where.. Ron Paul #1
edit on 27-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I'm sure if you listen to the anti-FEMA propaganda long enough, it will make sense.

I really worry about this site sometimes.

Screw listening to it, live through it. They are as crooked as any other part of the Federal Government and do not care one whit about the people. Direct involvement can only show you that. Be glad you are safe on your little cloud of superiority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join