It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Attack:Ron Paul: No FEMA response necessary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Media Attacking Ron Paul With This Now

Source

GILFORD, N.H. -- After a lunch speech today, Ron Paul slammed the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, and said that no national response to Hurricane Irene is necessary.

"We should be like 1900; we should be like 1940, 1950, 1960," Paul said. "I live on the Gulf Coast; we deal with hurricanes all the time. Galveston is in my district.

Such a short artlice for with to attack Ron Paul with

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter. His supporters are twice as crazy he is.

SYou Mainstream News

edit on 26-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul has the right to feel that way...but....I disagree with him.

I am glad that we have FEMA.......they join together with each state in large emergency situations. Some of the money we pay in taxes pays for FEMA.....so we the people are paying for this service to aid us in dire times of need.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just look at the comments

Pat in SoCal I hope the f-ing hurricane blows his s...t all over Teaxas.

Da Noid headline... Ron Paul To Hurricane Victims: "How Long Can You Tread Water?"

Yellowdog-Mark D Ron Paul says that "no national response to Hurricane Irene is necessary." Really, Mr. Paul shouldn't you see what type of damages we are talking about first. He mentioned his district is in Galveston and mentions the 1900 through 1960 hurricannes with apparent nostalgia. I guess he fails to remember that the 1900 Galveston hurricane killed 6000 and wiped the island. Was a big contributing factor to the rise of Houston as the major city it is in lieu of coastal Galveston being the thriving metropolis it was. No amount of self coordinated "pulling of your bootstraps" is going to mitigate the need for help from the federal government.

Ash Plissken And this is why I will never support Ron Paul, no matter how much principle and integrity he might have compared to the rest of Congress.

Beverly in Chicago dirp101 Ron Paul does not care, he's retiring from the House, probably to AZ.. LOL...
He must be on a rock somewhere that tells him to just say no.

Amy B. Portland, ME Ron Paul is an interesting individual. But, thank God there is only one of him. A society of Ron Pauls wouldn't survive evolution.

Comments made 378 even though i am not worried but the comments are qutie ridiculous and disgusting they feel as if he wont win, i feel extremely sad now those idiots will vote for those establishment elite idiots who are clueless.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

FEMA.......they join together with each state in large emergency situations. Some of the money we pay in taxes pays for FEMA..

FEMA Failed and its waste of a organization which holds those FEMA Camps remember hurricane katrina? people were forced in a stadium with wire fences.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ron Paul is NOT saying these people do not need help..

What he is saying is that , as usual, the Fed has taken over from states and at a much higher cost to taxpayers..

He is saying the states could do it better and cheaper.

"There's no magic about FEMA. They're a great contribution to deficit financing and quite frankly they don't have a penny in the bank. We should be coordinated but coordinated voluntarily with the states," Paul told NBC News. "A state can decide. We don't need somebody in Washington."

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well then it sounds like MSNBC is twisting his own words agaisnt him, can you prodive an a link to the quote in your post?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well then it sounds like MSNBC is twisting his own words agaisnt him, can you prodive an a link to the quote in your post?

You're joking right

Don't you read your OWN LINKS????????

That's where I got it from and why I didn't feel the need to post ANOTHER link

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

oh i did lol nvm sorry for that
i did kind of missed that part in the artlice.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I would humbly request that you stop using actual quotes to support your argument. It does nothing to assist in the defamation of character and actually provides the basis for rebuttal.

I saw the similar article o DallyKos website. Funny. They must have mistakenly ommited his actual words. Reading biased nonsense like that illustrates why people are so polarized and so diametrically opposed on issues when they (probably) agree more than they disagree.

(wish I could have star'd you more, brilliant post
)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
FEMA is the worst disaster response force ever conceived. 5 days to mobilize is way to long.
Red Cross can be on scene world wide in 24 hours, but FEMA prevents them from coming in.

FEMA needs to go bye bye and allow the Red Cross or other volunteer agencies to be in control.
Ron Paul knows this first hand because his district is Galveston and the people in his district complain about FEMA all the time.

Look at Katrina, the people were not even given water for 5 days. They could not go back to their homes for weeks or months because FEMA said it was not safe. Screw FEMA, it is the peoples property and they have the right to rebuild when ever they want.

FEMA took away peoples guns for pete sake.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Not everyone drinks the Ron Paul kool-aid.

That seems to be the default behavior on ATS these days.

Ron Paul has NO chance of EVER being president and for a good reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I am glad that we have FEMA.......they join together with each state in large emergency situations.

Actually, I lived on the Mississippi flood plane for ten years, I left a little over a year ago. We would get a flood every few years, and when we did everyone in the campgrounds - there were four, Army Corps of Engineers land - would pitch in together to prepare for the flood and would become sort of a family. There was never any real loss and certainly never any loss of life.

Three years ago, we had a flood, first one after Katrina, and FEMA showed up. We had three deaths that year. The water wasn't any deeper, nothing had changed, just FEMA was there. Three dead.

FEMA made everyone walk a half a mile from their cars rather than let us park along the levy as we always did. At one point FEMA called all the Campground Owners together and said they were going to close the camps, our home. We had boats and poles and trolling motors, we were ready, we were used to this, and no one ever died. When we got home the toilets worked, the septic tanks still worked, the electricity, air conditioning and TV was still working. We were home, understand? There was nothing that wasn't working except the road.

The owner of my Camp, heard that they were going to close the camps and he was the first one to speak up. Bless his heart, he was a mean old cuss that weighed at least 450 lbs. and carried a 45 or a twelve gauge shotgun on his golf cart - it was Mississippi, it was legal. Used to carry a wad of cash in his t-shirt pocket that I would say was conservatively $3,000, everyday! Everyone in the nearby town called him Mr. Such and such, never by his first name like we did in the camp.

My landlord spoke up and said, "Oh, Hell no! Y'all wanna keep folks from dyin', close the @#$%^ bars! I'm not closin' my camp, you can forget that #%$&." The camp stayed open through the flood and the only thing they gave us was a tiny bucket - everything was hotel sized, you know - and a little broom and rag mop with a short handle a sponge, and a little bit of cleaner and a quart of bleach. We rarely saw them except when it was time to tell us to drive forty miles away and sleep in a gymn on some cots.

Earlier in their history FEMA had shown up at the Hurricane Andrew (I think that was the one) site in Florida. Before FEMA got there everyone was getting water, when FEMA got there no one was getting water anymore. The people of Florida told FEMA to leave. At the very least FEMA must be considered completely inept. I worked with another bartender in Memphis who had property down there, she was there when it happened looking after her investments and confirmed all of this.

You should read what Bill Cooper wrote about FEMA in his book, Behold A Pale Horse. I know a lot has been said about that book, however when I read it I had just moved to the south and what it said about FEMA made no sense, at that time they were not even a blip on the radar. Everything he said about them though has proved out to be true. That makes me take Mr. Cooper and his book a little bit more seriously.

As for me, I'll handle my disasters without FEMA every time, but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Looks like the States did well,before FEMA.............

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Fema makes money on disasters.

100,000 homes are gone? Sweet. Here's your Federal Loan to rebuild.

FEMA is a money making arm of the Federal Government, revenue generation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I'm sure if you listen to the anti-FEMA propaganda long enough, it will make sense.

I really worry about this site sometimes.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Pervius

I'm sure if you listen to the anti-FEMA propaganda long enough, it will make sense.

I really worry about this site sometimes.

FEMA Workers Ran Up $247,100 in 'Improper Purchases' on Government Credit Cards--Including $4,318 in 'Happy Birthday' Cards................

LINK

BTW,Its my birthday.........................

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That doesn't mean that we should throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Though I'd love to see the federal government cut off ALL aid to Texas just to see if Paul's crackpot theory is true.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Not everyone drinks the Ron Paul kool-aid.

and not everyone drinks the bilderberg Rick perry,mitt romney,bachmann either kool-aid.

all of these i mention are going to destroy america.

That seems to be the default behavior on ATS these days. Ron Paul has NO chance of EVER being president and for a good reason.

hmm then i could say the same thing about obama the bilderberg Rick perry,mitt romney,bachmann who are with the elites

edit on 27-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm kinda with him there. I think people can handle themselves. I think in matters of big, big storms and natural disasters, it's just that, disasters, and I don't think fema or anyone else could really 'fix' them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by sonnny1

That doesn't mean that we should throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Though I'd love to see the federal government cut off ALL aid to Texas just to see if Paul's crackpot theory is true.

So why don't YOU tell us all the good things FEMA has done and how much they have spent??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join