It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole swallowing star!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Is this a peek at whats to come as we meet the galactic center of the dark rift? I wonder if this is what could happen to the sun and possibly the earth on dec 21 2012? Scary thought and cool pic!www.space.com...

edit on 26-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by AllUrChips

you lack any notion of perspective, much less astrophysics to make such an assumption.

if thats the case, why is our system special? why do we have to get sucked in when we align, and i mean align not literally pass through the galactic equator.

perspective my friend

i can crush you with just two fingers provided you are far enough

one of these days i might block out the sun with my pinky

BEWARE!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Can you post the actual picture? I see a lot of animations or 'artists rendering' type of images in the link.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

you lack any notion of perspective, much less astrophysics to make such an assumption.

if thats the case, why is our system special? why do we have to get sucked in when we align, and i mean align not literally pass through the galactic equator.

perspective my friend

i can crush you with just two fingers provided you are far enough

one of these days i might block out the sun with my pinky

BEWARE!

Well like so many of the members on here it can be proven by the post time and your response time that you have not read the article. If you had you would understand how "we can get sucked in" so please, I implore you, read the article instead of just the pic and scroll down by the way more to see as well

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Actually I read it a couple of days on the previous thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...)... didn't see the reason to post it again.

BTW, there was 6 minutes between your post and the first response.. more than enough time to read the article.
edit on 8-26-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

but ive read the article...

you still lack a notion of perspective...

just because you heard of a 2012 galactic alignment, that has nothing to do nor implies our solar system is any closer to the galaxy center black hole than it has ever been.

in fact we remain in this far and forgotten arm of the galaxy.

the wobble of our solar system on the galactic plane is what is aligning

physically we remain as near the center of the dark rift as we have ever been.

if not further given the expansion theory.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Actually I read it a couple of days on the previous thread... didn't see the reason to post it again.

BTW, there was 6 minutes between your post and the first response.. more than enough time to read the article.

Which thread was that? I didnt see it when I searched. Do you have a link to it?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

www.abovetopsecret.com...

added to my original post as well. I had a hard time finding it as well... Search is not your friend here.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
idd show the real pic

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

but ive read the article...

you still lack a notion of perspective...

just because you heard of a 2012 galactic alignment, that has nothing to do nor implies our solar system is any closer to the galaxy center black hole than it has ever been.

in fact we remain in this far and forgotten arm of the galaxy.

the wobble of our solar system on the galactic plane is what is aligning

physically we remain as near the center of the dark rift as we have ever been.

if not further given the expansion theory.

You just said it: theory. You have absolutley as much knowledge on the subject as anybody else as do I. Excuse me for trying to show a cool article on here and not debunking another stupid elenin thread. Sorry
I cannot agree with anything you say, sorry for disrupting your thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

no one said the article isnt cool

it just has nothing to do whatsoever to what you are refering as the 2012 alignment

you are mixing up two totally diferent subjects

we are not passing through the black hole

we are orbiting it

what you are proposing here is pretty much like saying

OMG its almost sundown! the sun is going to crash into earth! OMFG its reaching the horizon line! RUN!

perspective, you lack one

please deny your ignorance before you press the reply to button again

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Entertaining the possibility of a galactic "alignment" of sorts even if only for a days time. Begs me to ask the question if when we do..Will we be burned to death instantly or pulverized by the gamma ray burst jets currently screaming at the speed of light from the black hole in the center? If what we have been told is true and a monster black hole exists at the center of our milky way then it makes me wonder of the possibilities that lie ahead that could happen. Many ancient changes took place all at different times in history but all following a pattern. Change is coming whether we like it or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

no one said the article isnt cool

it just has nothing to do whatsoever to what you are refering as the 2012 alignment

you are mixing up two totally diferent subjects

we are not passing through the black hole

we are orbiting it

what you are proposing here is pretty much like saying

OMG its almost sundown! the sun is going to crash into earth! OMFG its reaching the horizon line! RUN!

perspective, you lack one

please deny your ignorance before you press the reply to button again

You lack anything of importance to say and think you know about this then move on and
i dont think anybody thinks your little phrases are cool bro I suggest you move on. Have a good day

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

can i ask you a question?

when you align yourself for optimal and centered view of your computer screen, does it necessarily imply or involves that your head will actually bump against the screen?

because your notion of astrophysics and perspective in general seem to indicate so

here is another cool phrase for you

your thread provokes a face and palm alignment to any educated poster

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

i got two cool words for you as well, grow up. Heres some more get over yourself seriously

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
your article indicates that further studies on these events will focus on the gravity of these supermassive black holes and the density of stars in the GALACTIC CORE of said galaxies.

good news

our star is not on the galactic core of our galaxy, we are actually on the far end, the milky way suburbs.

the 2012 alignment you refer to means nothing acording to distance, it does to perspective.

it means our solar system as a 2dimensional circular plane moving on a 3dimensional plane is going to align with the 2dimensional plane of our galaxy.

with any force, and specifically centrifugal rotation there is always a slight wobble.

thats what the alignment refers to

as above so below
everything vibrates, nothing rests

good bye

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here's the image.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
Entertaining the possibility of a galactic "alignment" of sorts even if only for a days time.

We are ALWAYS in alignment with the Galactic Center.

It's huge and far away. The solar system orbits the Galactic Center just like the Earth orbits the sun. Same kind of path, but immeasureably farther. The Earth is always in alignment with the sun, and we're always in alignment with the Galactic Center.

Begs me to ask the question if when we do..Will we be burned to death instantly or pulverized by the gamma ray burst jets currently screaming at the speed of light from the black hole in the center?

We've been in this orbit for five billion years. This alignment has happened millions of times. And if the thing exploded, it would take 50,000 years to reach us-- but the intensity of the burst would be so small as to be undetectable at this distance.

If what we have been told is true and a monster black hole exists at the center of our milky way then it makes me wonder of the possibilities that lie ahead that could happen. Many ancient changes took place all at different times in history but all following a pattern. Change is coming whether we like it or not.

If you pick up some history books or look at timelines, you'll see that things happen all the time, changes happen all the time, and the idea of a "cycle of disasters" doesn't hold up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
Entertaining the possibility of a galactic "alignment" of sorts even if only for a days time.

We are ALWAYS in alignment with the Galactic Center.

It's huge and far away. The solar system orbits the Galactic Center just like the Earth orbits the sun. Same kind of path, but immeasureably farther. The Earth is always in alignment with the sun, and we're always in alignment with the Galactic Center.

Begs me to ask the question if when we do..Will we be burned to death instantly or pulverized by the gamma ray burst jets currently screaming at the speed of light from the black hole in the center?

We've been in this orbit for five billion years. This alignment has happened millions of times. And if the thing exploded, it would take 50,000 years to reach us-- but the intensity of the burst would be so small as to be undetectable at this distance.

If what we have been told is true and a monster black hole exists at the center of our milky way then it makes me wonder of the possibilities that lie ahead that could happen. Many ancient changes took place all at different times in history but all following a pattern. Change is coming whether we like it or not.

If you pick up some history books or look at timelines, you'll see that things happen all the time, changes happen all the time, and the idea of a "cycle of disasters" doesn't hold up.

top topics

join