It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antidepressants Reduce Cancer Risk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

Yes many people find help with antidepressants, but they are not for long term used and never were mean to be for long term because they are very addictive, also the highest the dose the worst the withdraw symptoms.

I did my research on anti depressants when my doctor prescribe them and the more I found out about them the least I wanted them.

They do not address the problem that is causing depression because that is not what they are made for, they only mask symptoms giving a false sense of well being.

I just tell anybody that used them to be careful and to find an alternative way out of them, they are out there and they work as well as prescribe drugs without the side effects.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by elcapitano75

Yes many people find help with antidepressants, but they are not for long term used and never were mean to be for long term because they are very addictive, also the highest the dose the worst the withdraw symptoms.

I did my research on anti depressants when my doctor prescribe them and the more I found out about them the least I wanted them.

They do not address the problem that is causing depression because that is not what they are made for, they only mask symptoms giving a false sense of well being.

When the problem is chemically cause by an imbalance or lack of the body itself...Then the prescription drug becomes the solution and not the bandaid.

I just tell anybody that used them to be careful and to find an alternative way out of them, they are out there and they work as well as prescribe drugs without the side effects.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Problem, anti depressants contains flouride which causes damage to the pineal gland. The pineal gland is also tied to our emotions, Not to mention the fact that anti depressants were made mostly as a form of mind control and and for pharmaceutical greed. Before telling people that its good to take anti depressants get some facts first.

Video below

If you want to cure cancer there are other means even if they are illegal they are cheap and hundreds of times healthier. Don't trust governmental drugs.
edit on 26-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
We are not allowed to talk about any mind altering substances on this forum...anti depressants alter your mindset .....This threat should be trashed according to the rules.......Even if we are talking about the benefits of reducing cancer risk....

I believe the OP is referring to legal doctor prescribed anti-depressants which are used to treat diagnosed depression and other mental health issues - not the "other" kind of mind-altering whatnot.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan of mind altering drugs of ANY kind - including anti-depressants, but trashing the thread based on that would a big misinterpretation of the kind of drug in topic here.

Peace

-NLightN-

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by darkendmetal

In my opinion, drugging oneself with Fluoride to stop depression may work, because it's destroying neurons in the brain and changing the chemical balance within the brain. It is a fluke when these anti-depressants actually prevent suicide, I see far more suicide stories than prevention stories.

I use to take Adderall XRs as an adult, and I have to say that it was nearly impossible to be depressed while taking them. I was taking them for ADHD and by chance it also prevented any depression within me. The side effects were not worth it though, when a med fixes 1 thing and breaks down 10 things, I'd say that it's a money making tool to break us down.

I have heard a lot about flouride since i first started checking out ATS in 2010, but I never really looked into it on my own. Could anyone here provide me with some GOOD links to reliable info about what harm flouride can cause and its link to antidepressants (is it an ingredient in them or something?) I wish to be informed, thanks

P.S. no unreliable sources or youtube videos PLEASE...
edit on 26-8-2011 by darkendmetal because: added ps

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Tricylics put long term users at high risk of tardive dyskenisa, an unsightly and debilitating kind of muscle spasms, among other things. They are highly addictive, too, and lead to obesity. Often, they do not reduce depression at all, and are used by physicians as a "management tool." I speak from experience. Got off them in the eighties, and it was fifteen years before I slept normally again. A lower risk of cancer seems, to me, a laughable recommendation of them.

Do as you will, but I recommend treating one's depression by eliminating the cause of the depression, which almost never requires drugs. An increasing number of doctors and researchers are blowing the whistle on the "chemical imbalance" myth. Google it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NazcaP

You are so right, one of the antidepressant I was prescribed said in the warning label that "It could cause twitches and muscle spams that could be irreversible", why in Gods name will I take something like that or anybody for that matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Start here, there was a scandal in Harvard after publication, Phyllis Mullenix lost her job.

Neurotoxicol Teratol. 1995 Mar-Apr;17(2):169-77.
Neurotoxicity of sodium fluoride in rats.
Mullenix PJ, Denbesten PK, Schunior A, Kernan WJ.
Source

Toxicology Department, Forsyth Research Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7760776

altcancerweb.com/fluoride/neurotoxicity_sodium_fluoride_rats.pdf

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir

Start here, there was a scandal in Harvard after publication, Phyllis Mullenix lost her job.

Neurotoxicol Teratol. 1995 Mar-Apr;17(2):169-77.
Neurotoxicity of sodium fluoride in rats.
Mullenix PJ, Denbesten PK, Schunior A, Kernan WJ.
Source

Toxicology Department, Forsyth Research Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7760776

altcancerweb.com/fluoride/neurotoxicity_sodium_fluoride_rats.pdf

It was an interesting article, but I'm still skeptical. Of course I am simply just trying to deny ignorance, I don't believe just anything thrown my way, but I do want to learn more on this subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I don't particularly agree with anti-depressants in general, having been on a variety throughout my life, and will avoid them now if at all possible. But I really disagree with your assessment of antidepressants on many points.

Personally, I think antidepressants are only for long term use. Partly because they are addictive, and starting and stopping them is very difficult, but mainly because I think they are only useful in those who have an actual genetic chemical imbalance. Those people who have a temporary chemical imbalance caused by psychological issues will never, in my experience, find help in antidepressants.

But this is the main point I take issue with:

but we know that the so call new anti depressants are nothing but old ones with new names

This is just flat out wrong. I've experienced both the old and the new classes of antidepressant first hand, and I can testify to the differences between them - which are vast. Particularly the differences between TCAs (to which the OPs article refers) and SSRIs (like Prozac). MAOIs I haven't tried. I would agree that the difference between SSRIs and the slightly newer SNRIs is minimal, but that's obvious as they're both reuptake inhibitors affecting serotonin.

Regardless of whatever differences there are in personal experience, they are most certainly different chemicals, and therefore the effects will be different - positive and negative. It doesn't help the discussion any to consider all antidepressants the same. They are not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Sorry for that, they fall under different categories, but to tell you the truth they were not mean to be for long term, neither were to be used in combination with others or to be in higher dosage, bug pharma encourage doctors to prescribe them for long term, they made some to be in combination and so on.

Remember that while they can make you feel better and give you a sense of well being, they are not fixing the root problems of depression, just like any other pharmaceutica drug manufactured in the US they are not for the cure of disease but to treat symptoms of diseases, still like anything pharma does they are use as one to fit all.

Depression have many roots and finding the reason why depression affect an individual is the right thing for long lasting cure or relieve of it.

I had a long talk with my physiologist when we were having sections and while some people have problems that are due to chemical imbalance and antidepressant do make a difference is also the right thing to do for a doctor to find out what is causing that imbalance and try to correct if possible, not mask the imbalance on long term to cause more problems to the patient.

Once on antidepressants is hard to get yourself of them, but is many cases that people been on antidepressants all their life have been able to get rid of them and live normal lives.

Sadly big pharma is targeting our children with antidepressants when they know how this affects development and are highly addictive and is research that shows suicidal rates are higher in children.

Here are some articles if you are interested.

Antidepressant Medications for Children and Adolescents: Information for Parents and Caregivers

www.nimh.nih.gov... ts-and-caregivers.shtml

Fox News: Dangers of Antidepressants Hidden by Big Pharma

thepeopleschemist.com...

Antidepressant Manufacturers Prey on Women

sadnessaddiction.blogspot.com...

Psych Drug Shocker: Antidepressant Drugs Work No Better than Placebo; Big Pharma Hoax Finally Exposed

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

New study about antidepressants – Big Pharma and medical agency working close together to save profits and careers

www.transworldnews.com...

Antidepressants For Women of Childbearing Age
(What Big Pharma Wants)

uniteforlife.wordpress.com...

Big Pharma: 27 million US citizens on anti-depressants

mommylife.net...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Maybe the people that take antidepressants don't live long enough to get cancer. Or maybe, since they don't work for really depressed folks anyway, the people that take them never go to the doctor and get diagnosed, or maybe they kill themselves on purpose or in another way - before they get diagnosed.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Even people who eat healthy and exercise and do everything right get cancer.
Some will get it, others will not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join