It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antidepressants Reduce Cancer Risk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Antidepressants Reduce Cancer Risk

www.fyiliving.com

Antidepressants cut cancer risk? Word from a large study out of England says yes. The study published in the British Journal of Cancer states that antidepressants known as tricyclic antidepressants were seen to quite significantly reduce the risk of brain and bowel cancer. A common type of brain cancer called glioma saw a reduction of almost two-thirds in those that took tricyclic antidepressants. Tricyclic antidepressants include amoxapine, nortriptyline and trimipramine and are commonly prescribed for OCD, ADHD and migraines, as well as depression.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Seems like great news for people genetically at risk from various sorts of cancer however balancing that against the other side effects of anti-depressants on the assumption that you will get cancer seems to be the issue.

Not sure if doctors would prescribe anti-deppresants for this reason alone.

www.fyiliving.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That is interesting because a study done by a Canada research found that antidepressants can increase the risk of breast cancer in women

www.prozactruth.com...

Since the 90s studies done on antidepressants (old type) did indeed can increased certain cancers while inhibiting others.

Like you could get pancreatic cancer but can reduce liver cancer.

Very confusing. I guess the biggest concern is that it does increases tumors in breast of women

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Antidepressants also have been found to cause birth defects in children when the mother took them during pregnancy.. !!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Anti-depressants are the devil!! Prozac especially.
Are you promoting their use?

They are LOADED with Fluoride and are nothing more than a tool the establishment uses to harm us.
If people are depressed, I'm sure they are reacting NORMALLY to their current situations, taking pills won't change how corrupt and horrible this world has become.

Does anyone have a positive story about anti-depressants?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Yes that is the biggest concern of all, this included the new and old antidepressants today, but we know that the so call new anti depressants are nothing but old ones with new names.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Tricyclic anti-depressants linked to 35% increase in cardiovascular disease...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Moral of the story: take meds. cautiously and only if absolutely necessary.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If thats true its wonderful! But not for me
I hated taking my anti depressants because they made me feel "not like me" And I hated it. However I have been able to deal with my own issues on my own with a little bit of self made- self confidence.

However... I am a smoker, maybe I should just take my pills anyways hehe.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I don't. They are evil. I'm a damn strong person but the only time in my life that I contemplated suicide was when I was on the bloody things. Never again.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wonder who funded the study? Where would we be without the wonders of chemical concoctions filled with aluminum as a delivery system into our unsuspecting and ill prepared bodies.

Hey, I say go for it if so inclined.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Yes.

I have dealt with depression since I was a pre-teen. I don't know why I did it, but I started cutting myself. My arms and legs are covered with scars from years of doing that. I've been in and out of psych wards, and of course, been on the medley of anti-depressants.

At times I had no faith in the meds to help, then at other times I thought they might be doing something to help.

Over 10 years later I have been on a single med for a long time and have been the most stable and least depressed I have ever been in my life. It's been years since I have injured myself, and I've learned to cope. It's certainly not JUST the meds that are helping, I am exercising more, eating less fast food (almost none), and drinking more water. I've also had years of therapy to help deal with situations, but there have still been times all of that was not helping, and I could tell the meds alone kept me from the darkness.

I've had bad experiences with meds too... My first prescribed meds gave me panic attacks, and one I was taking a few years ago gave me sexual issues...

I'm not saying meds are great or perfect, and they certainly are NOT for everybody, but for ME they help, and I appreciate them. I take zoloft, btw, 50mg, a low dose.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Agreed.

I took a wellbutrin ONCE, and it was pretty much like what I imagine crack coc aine to be like, and then it was just a 10 hour panic attack, doing my best to stay calm and not pass out all night. My blood pressure was through the roof, at age 18, and I honestly thought I was going to die.

I'll never touch one again.
edit on 26-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I am six weeks post surgery, I had emergency surgery last month, did very well but for some reason five days after post op I develop anxiety and depression, it was so bad I thought I was going to lose my mind, I could not eat, swallow, sleep and I rather wanted to be death than live like that the rest of my life, I stayed away from ATS during that time, because I lost my desire to do anything, I am not like that I am the opposite, well the first line of treatment antidepressants, I even went to a psychologist, thanks to her she recommended no to use the antidepressants and figure out that what I was experiencing was a the result of a chemical imbalance due to one of the IV pain killers administered during the recuperation time in the hospital.

Well It I spend some very difficult time, lost 17 pounds in three weeks and finally thanks to persevering, ST. worth, Sam e and hope now 6 weeks later I am finally myself again.

No sanax or antidepresant needed

Hallelujah.

BTW I also visited a herbaltologist and acupuncturist they all were very helpful finding my way back to my old self.

Lessons learn, never ask for pain killers in the IV again.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darkendmetal

In my opinion, drugging oneself with Fluoride to stop depression may work, because it's destroying neurons in the brain and changing the chemical balance within the brain. It is a fluke when these anti-depressants actually prevent suicide, I see far more suicide stories than prevention stories.

I use to take Adderall XRs as an adult, and I have to say that it was nearly impossible to be depressed while taking them. I was taking them for ADHD and by chance it also prevented any depression within me. The side effects were not worth it though, when a med fixes 1 thing and breaks down 10 things, I'd say that it's a money making tool to break us down.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The best is to treat your body well by giving it the best nutrition available and exercising. The natural chemicals produced by your body will decrease depression and void off cancer all together. No need for big pharma

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Damn good to see you around Marg.

I think that the problem with AD is that they are over prescribed. "Got a problem, take this pill." They may actually work for people that REALLY NEED THEM. And what would that ratio be? I can't even speculate on that. That may be why we see so many horror stories about them. Due diligence. I won't take another pill, be it a stool softener even, without checking it out online. We are over medicated. Is it Big Pharm's fault or ours for not being aware?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Or if you're like me, and believe that big pharma already knows about the cure for cancer, then you start to wonder why they want to promote things like anti-depressants? They want you in a mindless state of apathy perhaps? "Everyone take your meds and believe what you are told. We wouldn't lie to you... right?"

Pharma = $$$ ... not the well-being of humanity.

-NLightN-

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well technically, not ALL are made with fluoride. I take Zoloft, and it is not one of the fluoride ones. It is instead made with ... chlorine. Still not a great chemical but, how much are we talking about per dose i don't really know since there are other elements in it.... Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Carbon.

As for a good story, it seemed to cause my blood pressure to lower a bit since going on it.

Which for me was a PLUS, since i was always borderline high... and it runs in my family.

I know a lot of people say for them these drugs did nothing, but it has helped for me a lot.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Great this means i'm going to live longer :/
/cry

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I can tell you this much, after my post op, I went to see my doctor, she knows that I am not a pill taker, that I only take my blood pressure medication and that I will never take more than one regardless of what my blood pressure looks like, but during that vulnerable time in my life, I was not myself, I end up with about 10 different medications written by her, even a COPD one when I never had any problems breathing
I got from anti anxiety drugs to pain killers to two different antidepressants, given so freely and willingly by my own doctor without even trying to figure out what was wrong with me, I even go hormone therapy patches "in case it was hormonal" can you believe that?

I tell you, this days our own medical community is helping keep us addicted to medications.

Nothing but natural medicine to take care of problems without side effects.
What help me was

Aconite, Sam e and St. worth. until my system got rid of the problem give time to the body and will heal.

edit on 26-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join