It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast Employees Top Donors to Obama Campaign Accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

blogs.abcnews.com...

Employees of media giant Comcast have contributed more money to President Obama’s reelection bid than employees from any other organization, according to a new analysis of Federal Election Commission data by the Center for Responsive Politics.

Comcast employees contributed nearly $80,000 directly to Obama for America and roughly $200,000 to the Obama Victory Fund, a joint account benefitting both the Obama campaign and Democratic National Committee, through the first half of 2011 records show.

Comcast, the nation’s largest video and internet services provider, is the parent company of NBCUniversal, which owns broadcast networks NBC and Telemundo among other assets.

President Obama has recently spent time with top Comcast executives, attending an intimate fundraiser at the home of Comcast executive vice president David Cohen in Philadelphia in June and a private “social reception” at the Martha’s Vineyard estate of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts earlier this week.

I bet you didn't even hear about thew last part. I'd say this pretty much busts anything produced by Comcast as biased and untrustworthy. You can bet if it was Fox News, Republicans and Muroch that we would have seen dozens of threads on the topic.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gannicus because: Added funny NBC/Obama image

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If I didn't dislike Obama before, his association with Evilcast would have ensured my lack of desire to see him in office again:
1 of many:
comcastsucks.org...
The rest:
search.avg.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It just amazes me how so many people can get so worked up about Fox, but not give a damn about the party in power being closely aligned with major MSM companies. It just goes to show that a lot of the outrage over Fox is about ideology, not principles. The same people who would see Fox silenced, would have no problem with biased media as long as its pushing an agenda they agree with.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's why Obama and Valerie Jarrett recently met with the Comcast CEO while vacationing on Martha's Vineyard.

I am kind of surprised this wasn’t covered up by Valeria Jarrett. However, maybe they’ll just have MSNBC and NBC release a talking points memo clarifying the backwoods hush hush meeting. I’m sure the President left with a big fat campaign donation.

The presidential motorcade on Martha’s Vineyard peeled out of Blue Heron Farms at 5:15 p.m. with the president and Valerie Jarrett in tow.

After 10 minutes, we made an abrupt left turn on John Cottle Road — an unpaved, deeply rutted eight-foot-wide private path hemmed in by ivy, scrub oak and big, scary boulders.

After bottoming out four times — we’re talking two-foot holes in a sand-and-gravel road, along with one hairpin turn — Obama and Jarrett arrived at West Tisbury home of their friends, Brian and Aileen Roberts, spokesman Josh Earnest informs us. It was 5:30 p.m.

Roberts is chairman and CEO of Comcast.

Quote via: POLITICO.

gillreport.com...

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Im sick of this POS some call their president.
I know he aint mine, he does NOT represent me in anyway.

Take a vacation and worrying about campaign money when the country is TUMBLING.
Yea, way to give the countrymen everything you have Obama. You are a LOWSY president.

- its not like we didnt know the two were blowing each other anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The nerve of those b#st#rds to donate money to a political candidate other than Ron Paul. Shame!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

It just amazes me how so many people can get so worked up about Fox, but not give a damn about the party in power being closely aligned with major MSM companies.

It amazes me that people keep defending one over the other.

It's all corporate owned and corporate skewed to defend the interests of the owners.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
The nerve of those b#st#rds to donate money to a political candidate other than Ron Paul. Shame!

My thoughts exactly and I'm actually a Ron Paul Supporter.
Who cares companies do things like this ALL the time on both sides of the mirage of a fence.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Typical bribery amongst the elites. Not shocking to see Obama being buddy buddy with a company that has horrible business practices

new topics

top topics

join