It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason question.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
As someone that knows next to nothing about the group.

What would be discussed here, every fourth Wednesday at 7:30?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Mostly just discussing lodge business, administering degrees, and plotting world domination. Just the usual old men's meetings.

No Mason will be able to give you many details due to their obligation, any plenty of non-Masons that have never been to lodge will try to give you all the 'facts'... but really, those meetings aren't to big a deal, by and large.

Now, the weekly meetings at the Grand Lodge in Washington D.C. might be a bit more interesting. haha

If you really want to know what's going down in there, then call the lodge and ask to take your first degree of Masonry. If you (for some reason) don't like it, you don't have to continue.

edit on 26-8-2011 by DamaSan because: Full disclosure: I am not (yet) a Mason. I have received no degrees, but am well read on the subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

When I used to go to college in Manhattan NYC, I saw a very similar sign just like this, and I was really surprised to see a Masonic lodge, I really wish I had the chance to actually see what was going on inside of it. Ah man, the damn mysteries these Freemasons hold.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Thanks for the interesting reply, my grandfather was one, my mum always called him a sexist pig haha.

There was also an incident across the road from my house, the police were involved etc.. One of the detectives was one. Very intriguing, at least on the bigger scale anyway.

reply to post by Unvarnished

Mm yeah they look really interesting, I was traveling from Melbourne to Sydney today and this place was in a small country town in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Now, the weekly meetings at the Grand Lodge in Washington D.C. might be a bit more interesting.

The Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia only has jurisdiction over the Masons residing in its confines. It has no influence on the national level as there is no over-arching governing body for Masonry in the United States.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Mostly just discussing lodge business, administering degrees, and plotting world domination.

FTFY..

No Mason will be able to give you many details due to their obligation, any plenty of non-Masons that have never been to lodge will try to give you all the 'facts'... but really, those meetings aren't to big a deal, by and large.

Maybe not directly but every Mason on ATS has pointed out that virtually every secret is online (although sifting through the crap posted by people with an anti-Masonic agenda can be daunting to the novice; as a source of accurate information, avoid Freemasonrywatch; freemasonry.bcy.ca is a much better choice).

Also Freemasonry for Dummies or the Complete Idiot's Guide to Freemasonry are supposed to be good primers.

Now, the weekly meetings at the Grand Lodge in Washington D.C. might be a bit more interesting. haha

Which raises the point that each Grand Lodge speaks only for its jurisdiction. The Grand Lodge for Washington, D.C. speaks only for Washington, D.C. The Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario speaks only for Ontario. The United Grand Lodge of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory speaks only for New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. And so on.

Despite assertions to the contrary, there's no over-arching supreme governing body that controls Masonry worldwide.

If you really want to know what's going down in there, then call the lodge and ask to take your first degree of Masonry. If you (for some reason) don't like it, you don't have to continue.

Exactly. Or just do some (unbiased) reading up on the subject. The two books I mentioned earlier have been suggested to me as good sources though I'll admit I haven't read them myself (t'would be a bit after the fact as I've been a Mason for a decade already).

edit on 26-8-2011 by DamaSan because: Full disclosure: I am not (yet) a Mason. I have received no degrees, but am well read on the subject.

As well you seem to be with tongue firmly planted in cheek. A bit of levity on ATS never goes unpunished.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
As someone that knows next to nothing about the group.

What would be discussed here, every fourth Wednesday at 7:30?

Items on the last minutes of the meeting:

* How can we deploy HAARP to divert the Hurricane and save Millions of lives?

* Has our mission to deploy AIDS as an effective weapon against Vampires succeeded?

* Secretly building more schools and hospitals in the third world

* Installing an early warning system on Phobos against malevolent extraterrestrials

Well...not really...to say it was less exciting than that is a huge understatement.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
* Installing an early warning system on Phobos against malevolent extraterrestrials
Do you remember which Grand Lodge has jurisdiction over Phobos? I've been thinking about affiliating with the lodge on Earth's moon so I can have a place to stop in for chicken fried steak when I'm visiting there.
edit on 2011.8.26 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
I've been thinking about affiliating with the lodge on Earth's moon so I can have a place to stop in for chicken fried steak when I'm visiting there.

Can we at least make sure that they allow beer there so networkdude can get a taste once in awhile?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Do you remember which Grand Lodge has jurisdiction over Phobos? I've been thinking about affiliating with the lodge on Earth's moon so I can have a place to stop in for chicken fried steak when I'm visiting there.

I had something else in mind when thinking of heavenly lodges.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Can we at least make sure that they allow beer there so networkdude can get a taste once in awhile?
Good luck, Mr. Gorsky. GLoTexas has way too many small town southern Baptist past masters to let that come to a vote. Now when the Shrine opens their lunar chapter, all bets are off. (And I can totally picture them driving around the craters in tiny lunar dune buggies.)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Good luck, Mr. Gorsky. GLoTexas has way too many small town southern Baptist past masters to let that come to a vote.

What if we baptize him in beer?

Now when the Shrine opens their lunar chapter, all bets are off. (And I can totally picture them driving around the craters in tiny lunar dune buggies.)

Yes, with all of them wearing their space-helmet fezes.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Good! The Masons have arrived to set everyone straight.
I was waiting for that.

My "world domination" jab was sarcasm of course. And I understand that each Grand Lodge only deals with its own lodges, but I'm just saying the local Grand Lodge in D.C. is full of some of the country's most powerful Masons. When I said interesting, I never intended for it to sound nefarious. Masonry has no interest in plotting dirty deeds, but some men that happen to be Masons might.

And yes, I'm not a Mason, but plan to ask for my first degree this year. My grandfather is a 33rd degree Mason of the York Rite, and there are a number of Masons on the other side of my family as well. I've been reading about Masonry for quite some time and am rather excited to soon join the fold.

Oh, and I've been here at ATS for 6 years. This is just my new account.

But again, to all those that think Freemasons are planning Armageddon each week at the lodge, you are sadly mistaken (based upon my admitted indirect understandings.)
edit on 26-8-2011 by DamaSan because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

My "world domination" jab was sarcasm of course.

Freemasonry does not plot to take over the World.. but some Freemasons do.

Like me.

All the World are belong to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by DamaSan

My "world domination" jab was sarcasm of course.

Freemasonry does not plot to take over the World.. but some Freemasons do.

Like me.

All the World are belong to me.

With all the astronaut's that have landed on the Moon, there should be a Lunar Lodge, should there not.?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taurean27
With all the astronaut's that have landed on the Moon, there should be a Lunar Lodge, should there not.?
There is. Didn't you follow my link?

On July 20, 1969, two American Astronauts landed on the moon of the planet Earth, in an area known as Mare Tranquilitatis , or "Sea of Tranquility". One of those brave men was Brother Edwin Eugene (Buzz) Aldrin, Jr., a member of Clear Lake Lodge No. 1417, AF&AM, Seabrook, Texas. Brother Aldrin carried with him SPECIAL DEPUTATION of then Grand Master J. Guy Smith, constituting and appointing Brother Aldrin as Special Deputy of the Grand Master, granting unto him full power in the premises to represent the Grand Master as such and authorize him to claim Masonic Territorial Jurisdiction for The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, on The Moon, and directed that he make due return of his acts. Brother Aldrin certified that the SPECIAL DEPUTATION was carried by him to the Moon on July 20, 1969.

To commemorate this historic event, and to further solidify and establish Texas Freemasonry on the Moon, it is proposed that a charter be issued to a new Lodge, to be known as Tranquility Lodge No. 2000…

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Good luck, Mr. Gorsky. GLoTexas has way too many small town southern Baptist past masters to let that come to a vote.

What if we baptize him in beer?

The paper will read:
Network dude died yesterday as a result of drowning. He was found in a pool of beer. Reports say it took him over 5 hours to die and he got out to pee 4 times.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I'd raise a glass to toast your memory, but there's nothing left to toast with… you bastard.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

He could've peed in the beer, at least there's always hard-A to drink.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My top 10 list of what we would be discussing.

10.) What bills need paying, why, and whose fault is that they cost so much.

9.) Discuss anyone who has petitioned the lodge, and going through their file, and their families file, and their great great great grandfather's file, and seeing if they are useful to our master plan, and have the correct blood type.

8.) Discuss again the Skull N Bones for using our spiritually copy righted logos, and what sort of law suit action might be taken. Then remembering they have more and better lawyers now, and grumbling alot.

7.) Making fun of Scientology.

6.) Telling the rest of the lodge what was said and rumored at the Eastern Star meeting so husbands might sleep with both eyes closed.

5.) Designing new currencies, and coming up with "I am SO Bankster." jokes

4.) Making fun of Scientology.

3.) Discussing the latest Above Top Secret Posts, and what is to be done about these clever introverts in their parents basements who have managed to learn our secrets by staying up late and browsing the web. Then drawing straws to see who has to follow them from their houses/apartments/card board box to McDonalds and back again this week.

2.) Exchanging the latest pot luck dinner recipes, and where to get this weeks best coupons to local eateries. (that ones true actually)

1.) Talking about our medical problems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join