It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia discovers 9,000 year-old civilization, The al-Maqar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Not alot of info on this yet and as far as search could tell al-Maqar civilization is not mentioned yet on ATS.

Saudi Arabia is excavating a new archeological site that will show horses were domesticated 9,000 years ago in the Arabian peninsula. Hope some of the deepdigging mole's here on campus can dig up some more.

The discovery of the civilization, named al-Maqar after the site's location, will challenge the theory that the domestication of animals took place 5,500 years ago in Central Asia, said Ali al-Ghabban

Mr Ghabban said carbon-14 tests on the artefacts, as well as DNA tests on human remains also found there, dated them to about 7,000 BC

"The Maqar Civilization is a very advanced civilization of the Neolithic period. This site shows us clearly, the roots of the domestication of horses 9,000 years ago."

The site also includes remains of mummified skeletons, arrowheads, scrapers, grain grinders, tools for spinning and weaving, and other tools that are evidence of a civilization that is skilled in handicrafts

Source1and Source2

edit on 25-8-2011 by Mimir because: repaired broken link

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Now that is quite interesting... It seems our history is consistently being pushed back further than currently thought... I wonder if we will ever discover our true history (if its even possible at this point).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Another link to the Arab news

With an additional photo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

S & F

Excellent find.

I appreciate your posting of the article. This goes hand in hand with another recent find. That of the discovery of the "Persian Gulf" being created by a flood at or around the same period. Which could have been the cause and origin of the rapid sprouting of the cradle civilization/Mesopotamia etc. These people could have either been survivors who traveled inland to reestablish themselves in a new location or possibly even been contemporaries of the original people. [whose location could be at the bottom of the existing Persian Gulf] which was at the time before the flooding event a large fertile valley. Which by the way when looked at on a map the now submerged entrance would have been close to the "Indus Valley" civilization.

Both wrote in similar but distinct forms of "Sandscript". A lost possible common origin? You know me. I'm always trying to connect the dots

Coincidence?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3272bb50c693.png[/atsimg]

Interesting info about the "FLOOD STORY" maybe we need to connect the dots a bit here...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf18662d3e14.jpg[/atsimg]
Lost civilization may have been beneath Persian Gulf

At its peak, the floodplain now below the Gulf would have been about the size of Great Britain, and then shrank as water began to flood the area. Then, about 8,000 years ago, the land would have been swallowed up by the Indian Ocean

Watery refuge
The Gulf Oasis would have been a shallow inland basin exposed from about 75,000 years ago until 8,000 years ago, forming the southern tip of the Fertile Crescent, according to historical sea-level records.

"Perhaps it is no coincidence that the founding of such remarkably well developed communities along the shoreline corresponds with the flooding of the Persian Gulf basin around 8,000 years ago," Rose said. "These new colonists may have come from the heart of the Gulf, displaced by rising water levels that plunged the once fertile landscape beneath the waters of the Indian Ocean."

edit on 25-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Would a civilization that was around 7,000 years ago pre-date Sumeria? Isn't Sumeria from around 5,000 BC (7,000 years ago) and widely known as the first civilization predating Eqypt? Not my area of expertise so excuse the ignorance in the question if there is any.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For the people of that area look at the Telmun (Dilmun). They provided a trading bridge between the Sumer and Meluhha(Harappa) evidence for this is both literary and archaeological.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It seems to me that we are only beginning to understand our own history.

Our cranial capacity hasn't changed in 10s of thousands of years. With our brains, doesn't it seem logical that we would have figure out lots of things that don't call for machinery? I believe that we were far more sophisticated than is generally assumed.

When they found the "Iceman" one of the comments was how modern his clothing was. It was well sewn and fitted. My thoughts were "Why not". If you are living the life of a hunter gatherer you have lots of time. You would quickly learn to make functional clothing. Each time you had a need for more clothing, you would probably improve on what you did the last time. In a couple of generations you would have pretty good quality clothing.

The same can be said for other things. Ships? Houses ?

Just because they didn't leave behind metal tools doesn't mean they weren't an advanced culture.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post to all who answered

Thx for the answers, I wish i could contribute more on this issue.

reply to post to SLAYER69

I bet many of the Megalithic structures you write nice threads about is ancient too. There's claims that the Giant Underwater City Dvaraka near India is 12.000+ yo.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Exactly!

Here's a challenge... Dig a 2 foot hole, throw in any laptop on the market & dig it up in just 50 years. It may retain its basic shape. Maybe!

Bury it again and ask that your great grandchildren dig it up. All they would likely find is a couple thin sheets of silica, a few microscopic flecks of gold & silver and weird ceramic squares.

Have them record the location and put it in legend for someone to dig up a few thousand years after. There will be nothing to find.

Any advanced civilization now knows to use titanium plates and stone to record permanent record or to leave anything behind that will be considered obviously man made. Isn't that what some civilizations have done? Create vast structures with a lot of stone work in hopes of having a permanent record? It's no coincidence that the structures have survived so long. That's what they had in mind when they were built and we'd do the same today. The doomsday seed vault has vast tunnels that are not unlike the tunnels in the vaults of the pyramids.

I too believe the civilizations past were far more advanced than we think. It's a wonder how even metal implements are ever found at all!
Edit to add: What if 100 years ago the Apple iMac aluminium basic frame was found in the soil. Thousands of these things found all over but obviously buried in ancient times? What would we call them or assume they were even just 100 years ago?
edit on 25-8-2011 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Awesome find!
Some one should make a list of all the scientists that laugh at and otherwise ridicule those that suggest our history goes back much further so that each time the scientist is proven wrong they can be publicly humiliated and stripped of thier accolades.
maybe then some genuine progress can be made without the burden of some right brained intellectual's ego weighing us all down.
Or maybe these new finds will be locked up somewhere like so many others.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Howdy Raivan31

Don't quite understand how your comments relate to this Saudi find?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I found a video about the Al-maqar it has a bad computer voice and music but it's better than nothing and shows a lot of antiquitees, i cant say if they all belonged to the Al-maqar.....in fact some definatly belong to other civilizations.

Weird channel name "illuminated / no link news", also notice the introclip where they close in on a pyramid with a eye, is this Illuminati media spreading disinformation or just a bad joke? some of the pictures seams credible.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Archeological evidence that an ancient society was domesticating animals including horses 9,000 years ago, 4,000 years earlier than previously thought.

Named the Al-Maqar civilization, around 80 artifacts have been collected from the site, including mummified skeletons, spinning and weaving tools, and statues of animals such as ostriches, falcons, and a one-meter-tall bust of a horse. A horse burial has also been discovered.

Ali al-Ghabban, vice president of Antiquities and Museums at the Saudi Commission for Tourism & Antiquities (SCTA), said these findings challenge the theory that animal domestication took place 5,500 years ago, which is based on previous excavations in Central Asia.

"This discovery will change our knowledge concerning the domestication of horses and the evolution of culture in the late Neolithic period,” he said.

“The Maqar Civilization is a very advanced civilization of the Neolithic period," he added. "This site shows us clearly, the roots of the domestication of horses 9,000 years ago.”

Ghabban said DNA tests and carbon dating had confirmed the age of the excavated artifacts.

TheEpochTimes

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If we were domesticating horses that long ago, then we were probably hunting and gathering long before that date.I like history and their forums - not much retarded stuff posted here.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TreesusChrist

That is true, I got a few pictures which i cant upload (pictureuploading temporary down) which may prove human's used "advanced" hunting tool way before previous tought. Will make a short post about it when i can upload the picture.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thank you for the thread..We seem to be finding so many new things lately i think our history is much older then we realize ..I love archeology and all the new discoveries are just fascinating..S&F

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I couldn't agree more. Actually, I was watching a show on the history channel about humans not being around anymore and how our structures and items would decay in 1000 to 3000 years. For example, the statue of liberty, her base is stone but her skin and bones are iron and copper. The copper and iron would rust and decay, while the base stood for thousands of years after man had gone.

Makes you wonder if the structures we find today also had metal counterparts at one point in time. What a fascinating article though, a new civilization that old is world breaking. I'd like to see what they find if they dig deeper... but I don't expect they'll tell us.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by Atlantican

I couldn't agree more. Actually, I was watching a show on the history channel about humans not being around anymore and how our structures and items would decay in 1000 to 3000 years. For example, the statue of liberty, her base is stone but her skin and bones are iron and copper. The copper and iron would rust and decay, while the base stood for thousands of years after man had gone.

Makes you wonder if the structures we find today also had metal counterparts at one point in time. What a fascinating article though, a new civilization that old is world breaking. I'd like to see what they find if they dig deeper... but I don't expect they'll tell us.

Then why did the evil conspiracy tell you anything? Metal manufacturing leaves signs, of mining, manufacturing, waste from that process, the furnances and well actuall items - a piece of iron may rust a way but its imprint will remain in the soil.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Deleted: post was for the kaitengata thread
edit on 17/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That is a intersting find. If they where using horses that far back then they had to have a wipe trade route. They had mummies in that time period which IMO shows they had a very long tradition I mean they did it right if there 8000 years old and still intact to the point they can pull dna.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join