It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epidemic Hazard in Boston, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Washington D.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ok if the zombies come I will be forever shamed

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
From the VA department of health site..

Virginia Department of Health

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Strange..
an earthquake then a virus?

when it rains it pours.

Nah, not yet.
You can say it in a day or two though, once hurricane Irene hits.

I hope the wind and the rain don't further spread anything around..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I cannot in all honesty believe what I am reading on this thread about measles. This illness was never considered as anything other than a childhood disease, that virtually every kid caught and got over within the course of 2 - 3 weeks.

I'm a baby-boomer so was at school in the 1950's/60's and we certainly didn't have the medical advantages of today. Then there were three childhood ailments: measles, mumps and chickenpox. We all caught them and they certainly were not considered killers.

Parents then wanted their kids to get these illnesses before starting school, so often if news came in that someone had the measles etc, everyone visited with their kids and consequently ticked that particular illness off the list.

However, that was until a vaccine was developed. Suddenly measles has become an illness that we have to fear and not simply take in our stride.

In fact a parent did their best to try to get these three illnesses over with before their child started school. Often kids went round to an infected little one's house because

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
if you google, u'll see theres an ongoing measle outbreak in many states, as well as countries worldwide.

it's probably mutated?

about 200 persons infected during first half of 2011 alone in USA.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's obvious that it's not measles. As measles is one of the commonly immunized against childhood diseases. This daily dose of fear by MSM is getting old. If you want fear than why not just tell us the truth? Here they go, let's start a mini-plauge to get people distracted while they usher the chosen $$$ people to their elenin bunkers. I'll be LOLing when they get their just desserts when God almighty says enough BS is enough.

The truth is elenin is not a comet, and will turn up the sun from "warm" to "well done". At this point I've stopped caring.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
obviously though common, measles vaccination is not being given to every child born in the US. at 200-300 measle outbreaks in the US alone, yearly.

anyways, this thread is a wreck, the OP said unknown, and was scalded by interjection that it is measles outbreak on the Amtrak phone, not unknown. which derailed the thread cuz now we're almost all assuming it's measles not an unknown disease.

which one?? measles or unknown at this time??
edit on 25-8-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I posted this thread as soon as i saw it on RSOE EDIS as i thought it could have been quite urgent, If you read my later posts you will realise that after i did a bit more searching i realised it was just measles.

I apologise for not researching more before posting, but its better safe than sorry
Dont want my cousins on the other side of the pond getting sickly

edit on 25-8-2011 by Dionisius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Thank you for the update will keep an eye open in PA. Gotta love it

Where are the mods for this. I just got a 20 point reduction for posting a one liner post. Lets keep the "wrist slaps," on an equal opportunity basis.

I hope there is enough warnings about this that we are able to protect ourselves in the event the illness hits our area. Sometimes keeping things quiet to reduce panic is more hurtful than facing the issues.

I got my wrist slapped many times please excuse the 1 liner.....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
For some reason I remember hearing about measles on my local radio here in Pa. I can not confirm as to the location. Philly seems to ring a bell, not sure though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yes it is dangerous for people who don't have immunity to measles. My mom had measles while pregnant with me, now even if I get a MMR shot, I still have NO immunity. I wonder how many people there are in the same situation...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Strange..

when it rains it pours.

No joke! I live in Lynchburg and it's been a quiet little town since Jerry Falwell died a few years ago. Until recently, that is.
We also had a Blue Angels airshow "Malfunction" that caused the leader of the Angels to retire. He flew in 50' above the deck instead of 500'.
We do have an AREVA nuclear facility here though, so we do have infrastructure critical to national security interests.
I hope this measles thing goes nowhere cause it's deadly to adults without resistance.

Soup is good food!

I am in "Jerrytown" too. I heard about this meseals thing a while ago on WSET, Fear mongering if you ask me. My mom, who works in a walk-in clinic in town said that people started pouring in thinking they had the measels not relizing that most of them had been vaccinated as kids and were panicing. One person thought that a wart on her finger was a sign on the measels...Hahah! Anyway, this pretty old news, and I am not in the least bit scared.
I think you are thinking about BWXT, AREVA here is just the offices.
The air show was POORLY thought out. I have never seen so many people passing out from heat exhaustion waiting for those shuttle busses to show up. Someone even tried to steal water from my son...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

PensDOH

Wow they are offering free Iodide
KI helps protect the thyroid gland against harmful
radioactive iodine that may be released during a radiological emergency.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Earthquake, hurricane and now measles.
With people not vaccinating their children
like we did back when, this could be
a serious outbreak. I take it a team
would be alerted to decontaminate
the train. Let's see if we can keep
track of all happening on the east
coast. As someone says, when it
rains it pours. Stay alert, stay safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Wow they are offering free Iodide KI helps protect the thyroid gland against harmful radioactive iodine that may be released during a radiological emergency.

I looked thru the thread and the links - I couldn't find
anything about iodine being handed out. Please
provide a link or explanation. I hope you were
joking.
edit on 25-8-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Wow they are offering free Iodide KI helps protect the thyroid gland against harmful radioactive iodine that may be released during a radiological emergency.

I looked thru the thread and the links - I couldn't find
anything about iodine being handed out. Please
provide a link or explanation. I hope you were
joking.
edit on 25-8-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

www.portal.health.state.pa.us...
Under latest news (middle of the page) , it is a PDF notice

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Whew thanks, I understand now!
I thought they were giving out iodine
for what they are saying is measles.
I'm such a dumb dumb sometimes,
please forgive.
Ok that woke me up

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Strange..

when it rains it pours.

actually we're getting a hurricane too

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by Jefferton
It says measles...how is that unknown?

Is it some new strain of measles that would effect people who have already had their MMR shots? If not this shouldn't effect many people, as most public schools require these shots before enrolling children for quite some time now.

Around the age of 18/19 the vaccinations we received as children become ineffective or less effective. If you're sending a child off to college it's a good idea to have them revaccinated.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53

I am in "Jerrytown" too.
I think you are thinking about BWXT, AREVA here is just the offices.
The air show was POORLY thought out. I have never seen so many people passing out from heat exhaustion waiting for those shuttle busses to show up. Someone even tried to steal water from my son...

Good to know there's a fellow ATSer nearby.
Lol! "Jerrytown" - I haven;t heard that one in a while.

Anyway I wanted to tell you that BWX does have a production facility out at Mt. Athos - nuclear fuel rods for submarines. We've been high on the Nuclear war hit list for 50 years now.
Funny story: We went out with some friends for a picnic at Peaks of Otter the other weekend and when they got home they discovered a black bear had gotten in to their garbage can. They live on Wards Ferry road! How did that bear get across Wards?

ETA - sorry I misread your post - yo're right, AREVA just has offices here,, I got up too early today.zzzzz.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join