It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epidemic Hazard in Boston, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Washington D.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
An outbreak of an 'unknown' Virus on Amtrak 171 Regional Train has just been reported.

This Hazard was reported on the 22nd but has not been made public until today, Affected is 'unknown', and there is a high possiblity of spreading as the Alert is out in 5 states already.

RSOE EDIS

Time to break out the HAZMAT suits America!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thank you for the update will keep an eye open in PA. Gotta love it

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Z-Day in the 1990 remake of "Night of the Living Dead" was August 22/23rd. Let's hope it spreads quickly.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

The explanation is extremely vague, are there any other sources that are also talking about this? What type of virus is this? Now we have a hurricane heading for that region as well, which would only help spread a virus.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It says measles...how is that unknown?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not sure if it's related to this, but I remember seeing on the news a couple of days ago that a passenger was found to have measles on a train, and there was a general alert sent out to try and let everyone know about it..

could that be what this is about?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Atleast D.R.A.C.O vaccine has been made, smh.
edit on 8/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They spelled 'passenger' wrong.
second line

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Passengers on Amtrak northeast regional train #171 on Wednesday may have been exposed to a person with measles, according to a news release from the Virginia Department of Health. The train originated in Boston at 8:15 a.m. and made stops in Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as Alexandria, Burke Centre, Manassas, Culpeper, Charlottesville and Lynchburg in Virginia. The train ended its run in Lynchburg at 8:36 p.m. Passengers who got off the train before its arrival in Philadelphia do not need to be concerned, the news release said. Based on the date of exposure, it is possible that symptoms could develop as late as Sept. 7 for anyone who was infected. Measles is a highly contagious illness spread through coughing, sneezing and contact with secretions from the nose, mouth and throat of an infected person. Those at risk include people who have not been vaccinated against measles or can’t recall or document vaccination, the news release said. Measles symptoms usually appear in two stages. The first stage for most people is a fever greater than 101 degrees, a runny nose, watery red eyes and a cough. Stage two begins the third to seventh day when a rash begins to appear on the face and spreads over the entire body. Passengers who think they have symptoms of measles should go to a doctor, but call ahead to allow time for the facility to prepare for your arrival to avoid infecting others.

Source

Not so serious as first thought, might not need the HAZMAT's

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Where did they make it public?
I saw when it was reported on 8/22 - 8/23. Anywhere else?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Strange..
an earthquake then a virus?

when it rains it pours.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
It says measles...how is that unknown?

Is it some new strain of measles that would effect people who have already had their MMR shots? If not this shouldn't effect many people, as most public schools require these shots before enrolling children for quite some time now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
An outbreak of an 'unknown' Virus on Amtrak 171 Regional Train has just been reported.

This Hazard was reported on the 22nd but has not been made public until today, Affected is 'unknown', and there is a high possiblity of spreading as the Alert is out in 5 states already.

RSOE EDIS

Time to break out the HAZMAT suits America!

I don't think I'd have the country break out hazmat suits or anything else because one person on a train had a case of the measles. articles.boston.com... That RSOE website is an alarmist wackaloon site run by a radio club in Hungary.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Strange..
an earthquake then a virus?

when it rains it pours.

No joke! I live in Lynchburg and it's been a quiet little town since Jerry Falwell died a few years ago. Until recently, that is.
We also had a Blue Angels airshow "Malfunction" that caused the leader of the Angels to retire. He flew in 50' above the deck instead of 500'.
We do have an AREVA nuclear facility here though, so we do have infrastructure critical to national security interests.
I hope this measles thing goes nowhere cause it's deadly to adults without resistance.

Soup is good food!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Thank you for the update will keep an eye open in PA. Gotta love it

Where are the mods for this. I just got a 20 point reduction for posting a one liner post. Lets keep the "wrist slaps," on an equal opportunity basis.

I hope there is enough warnings about this that we are able to protect ourselves in the event the illness hits our area. Sometimes keeping things quiet to reduce panic is more hurtful than facing the issues.

link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

PensDOH

Thanks!

link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed65529f437.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyhow, thanks for the thread. Lets hope we aren't dealing with some sort of new flu. I really hate being sick...time to become a hermit for a bit and see which way the wind blows.

At least its still summer. less transmission overall, however school starts up soon, which is a transferring haven for germs and such.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It always help on RSOE to click the "description" tab. It would clear up a lot of misunderstandings to read the description of the event in question before jumping to conclusions

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
It always help on RSOE to click the "description" tab. It would clear up a lot of misunderstandings to read the description of the event in question before jumping to conclusions

Oh, sure...Measles...thats just what they WANT you to believe!!!

Actually, that was said in jest, however, if there truely was some horrific biological virus that was unleashed, how would it be reported...hmm. Chances are, cholera or a new flu. Your right though, Measles would be an unlikely candidate for stealth reporting a possible epidemic considering people whom are vacinnated against it won't care and come forward..so yeah, nothing much to see here.

Still, of there are reports of zombies eating brains in the next few days, I am soo calling shananigans!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join