It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Comet Elenin cause the DC quake?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

DJ, are there any alternative theories that you believe in or is it all just black and white to you? You come across as a pompous ass know it all on a regular basis.

I do not believe in anything, neither should you. Belief closes the mind. Stick with facts, reason and experience. I'm sorry if I come across as pompous. I prefer to think of myself as "arrogant."

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by colbyforce

DJ, are there any alternative theories that you believe in or is it all just black and white to you? You come across as a pompous ass know it all on a regular basis.

I do not believe in anything, neither should you. Belief closes the mind. Stick with facts, reason and experience. I'm sorry if I come across as pompous. I prefer to think of myself as "arrogant."

Belief in possibilities outside your normal paradigm of thinking opens the mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Belief in possibilities outside your normal paradigm of thinking opens the mind.

Wrong. Belief is itself a limiting paradigm. If you believe in something, you reject all evidence that would threaten that belief. This is why church officials refused to look through Galileo's telescope. So many people here claim to be "open minded," yet when evidence that proves their "alternative reality" wrong is presented, they refuse to accept it. They are, in fact, more close minded than someone with no imagination whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Wrong. Belief is itself a limiting paradigm. If you believe in something, you reject all evidence that would threaten that belief. This is why church officials refused to look through Galileo's telescope. So many people here claim to be "open minded," yet when evidence that proves their "alternative reality" wrong is presented, they refuse to accept it. They are, in fact, more close minded than someone with no imagination whatsoever.

I said belief in POSSIBILITIES!

Not belief in DOGMA!

You are dogmatic with your approach because you believe that you are always correct.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Not belief in DOGMA!

You are dogmatic with your approach because you believe that you are always correct.

Weren't you the one quoting scripture? "Belief in possibilities" does not make sense. You either believe something or you don't. I certainly don't believe that I am always correct. No-one is more aware of my fallibility than I am. Just because I expect some manner of evidence for something before I accept it as "fact" does not make me dogmatic. On the other hand, you are fighting for your belief in "Planet X" despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. When sufficient evidence for something is presented, I accept it as "fact." You reject evidence because it contradicts your belief. Who is dogmatic here?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

So if this was the worst in a century - what was orbiting arround 100 years or so ago to casue the EQ this EQ is being compared with? Ellenin 0.9 BETA?

Come on people! THis pseudo scientific clap trap has gone far enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

So if this was the worst in a century - what was orbiting arround 100 years or so ago to casue the EQ this EQ is being compared with? Ellenin 0.9 BETA?

Excuse me, but please go back and read the OP before you embarrass yourself further!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You'll take note that the sun's position is that of evening. The quake was at noontime.

Ergo.

No.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not belief in DOGMA!

Weren't you the one quoting scripture? "Belief in possibilities" does not make sense. You either believe something or you don't. I certainly don't believe that I am always correct. No-one is more aware of my fallibility than I am. Just because I expect some manner of evidence for something before I accept it as "fact" does not make me dogmatic. On the other hand, you are fighting for your belief in "Planet X" despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. When sufficient evidence for something is presented, I accept it as "fact." You reject evidence because it contradicts your belief. Who is dogmatic here?

I am fighting for a belief in planet x?

No.

I am seeking the truth, wherever that may lead me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Shamatt

Excuse me, but please go back and read the OP before you embarrass yourself further!

OK, I did that - what did I miss?

ETA: Oh! That! The writing UNDER the orbital diagram! LOL Didn't notice that! Oops

edit on 26-8-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

On August 23, the northeastern seaboard of the United States was rocked by the most intense earthquake in over a century. Did an alignment between Comet C/2010X-1 Elenin and the Earth cause it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7529d209e39e.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Obviously not. Apparently earthquakes just happen. Case closed.

Earthquakes do NOT just happen. There is always a cause and effect. This link explains it.

endgametime.wordpress.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Not belief in DOGMA!

I am fighting for a belief in planet x?

No.
I am seeking the truth, wherever that may lead me.

Precisely. Scientists have been changing their minds quite a bit recently about things that once were generally accepted as fact. Where would we be if there were not those who existed that explore alternate ideas or possibilities? Should theories that cannot be proven yet just be disregarded as false? No. Those with power also may have (usually have) an agenda which can make the reported facts actually fiction. So, we must continue to search for truth imho. Naivety is a different story... and arrogance is extremely limiting.
edit on 26-8-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Considering that its mass is less than a small mountain, and its millions of miles away, my guess is no. Your car exerts more gravity on the Earth than elenin does.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If it not Obama's fault it's definately Elenin's fault. I'm just waiting for the thread: Did Elenin cause the NBA lockout?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

On August 23, the northeastern seaboard of the United States was rocked by the most intense earthquake in over a century. Did an alignment between Comet C/2010X-1 Elenin and the Earth cause it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7529d209e39e.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Obviously not. Apparently earthquakes just happen. Case closed.

Ahh but Venus - Sun - Mercury - Earth were pretty close ;p
hehe joking - I half expected an Elenin post tbh !

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have only one question - how do you know? Really, how do you know if there is or there is not a connection between the earthquakes and celestial alignments? One thing is to suggest and other thing is to explain how things work. The truth is that none of you guys knows what the cause of the earthquake is. And for those that are laughing at people who find strange connections between cosmic alignments and earthly events - just ask yourself really honestly how do you know that there is not? Aren't you just limiting your scope of vision to only earthly stuff? Are you denying that there are events going on beyond our planet? And if not - what makes you think that they are not connected with us? How comes our planet is isolated from everything else? It just doesn't makes sense. And if you are really honest with yourself you will agree with that. I am not saying that I know or arguing that there is a connection. I'm just saying that there is logic to the claim that there is some connection to earthly events and cosmic events because there is no line that differentiates the Earth from the Cosmos. Is there any proof for such a line? I don't think so. So you better accept the truth that you don't really know than trying to make assumptions out of your insecurity or just your wishful thinking.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's impossible for Elenin to cause an earthquake, regardless of what you think or what anyone tells you, it's scientific FACT.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It's more likely that I caused the quake than it is Elenin caused it. After all, I was HERE, Elenin wasn't...

and if the physics of the situation are worked out, I think I probably had more gravitational attraction on the epicenter than Elenin did.

I feel just awful about it....

edit on 2011/8/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Did an alignment between Comet C/2010X-1 Elenin and the Earth cause it?

If I may ask, aligned how?

It is my understanding that if you take two points and connect the dots, then you have a straight line. What are we lined up with?

Did you just draw a line between the two and say there is a connection? I think we could make an alignment out of every planet or object on the little chart.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

If I may ask, aligned how?

Please, please go back and read the entire OP before jumping to conclusions!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join