It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Comet Elenin cause the DC quake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
On August 23, the northeastern seaboard of the United States was rocked by the most intense earthquake in over a century. Did an alignment between Comet C/2010X-1 Elenin and the Earth cause it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7529d209e39e.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Obviously not. Apparently earthquakes just happen. Case closed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thread title was inevitably going to be created. Best that you did it first. S+F my friend.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
On August 23, the northeastern seaboard of the United States was rocked by the most intense earthquake in over a century. Did an alignment between Comet C/2010X-1 Elenin and the Earth cause it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7529d209e39e.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Obviously not. Apparently earthquakes just happen. Case closed.

Are you suggesting to people who claim that a connection exists between alignments with ELENIN/Earth and seismic activity are debunked due to an earthquake(s) on August 23 this year?

Ever heard of Mark Twain?

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics."

This could be applied to both yourself and those so called 'nutjobs'.

edit on 25-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Quite simply the answer is............no.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
NO.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Haha, when i saw the thread title I was already to just post a big "NOOOOO!!", but i'm glad you beat me to it. Nice one. I feel a trend starting

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I don't think there's anything to debunk unless someone has brought to light some new evidence showing that Ice millions of miles away can cause earthquakes? The OP was just having a jab at the Elenin crazies and I think he did a pretty good job.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I don't think it was Elenin either or one of her sisters. Our sun could now be, as of this month, in Nibiru's magnetic field. So maybe Elenin's daddy did it. Still unknown.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

I don't think there's anything to debunk unless someone has brought to light some new evidence showing that Ice millions of miles away can cause earthquakes? The OP was just having a jab at the Elenin crazies and I think he did a pretty good job.

You are assuming too much.

Elenin may or may not be what it is claimed to be.

Something more sinister may be following it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Now you know that "WE" know that you know that the answer is what "YOU" dont know, you know?

edit on 8/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Doubtful but if thats what floats your boat then carry on

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Doubtful but if thats what floats your boat then carry on

I love a conspiracy

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I always thought that it was Disraeli who said that... but then, it was Mark Twain who attributed it to him. The point is that if there were an alignment on the 23rd, the Doom Patrol would add it to the list of "proven" cases. In order to explain the quake, they can only concede that earthquakes happen without planetary alignments. If earthquakes can happen without planetary alignments, then it suggests that the "correlations" they are finding are statistical ghosts.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I always thought that it was Disraeli who said that... but then, it was Mark Twain who attributed it to him. The point is that if there were an alignment on the 23rd, the Doom Patrol would add it to the list of "proven" cases. In order to explain the quake, they can only concede that earthquakes happen without planetary alignments. If earthquakes can happen without planetary alignments, then it suggests that the "correlations" they are finding are statistical ghosts.

I flatulate when I eat chilli's and also when I don't eat chilli's.

It just happens a whole lot more when I eat chilli's.

Get it?
edit on 25-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Our sun could now be, as of this month, in Nibiru's magnetic field. So maybe Elenin's daddy did it. Still unknown.

Our Sun could also be emitting popsicles and pixie dust. Still unknown.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Agree, i just see how small comets can create EQs. Find it impossible tbh.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Actually, you are the one who is assuming too much. All of the hard evidence favors Elenin being exactly what it appears to be, a comet. If something, sinister or dexter, were following it, it would be visible... so where is it?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Well i believe that there is alot of marketing for Elenin..The NWO is up to something and the weather.. Mother Nature is definetly in a mosh pit..look at RSOE site alot of interesting stuff going on....alot of earthquakes in odd places... the calderas in the United States..and the aproaching objects near earth that had me wondering WTF is really happening and how much are we really being told...im listening to my spidy sences..

She's going to turn it up..and we better boogie.. party on Mother Earth...

link   

Actually, you are the one who is assuming too much. All of the hard evidence favors Elenin being exactly what it appears to be, a comet. If something, sinister or dexter, were following it, it would be visible... so where is it?

I hope it is all just inside my creative imagination.

You assume that we know all there is to know about celestial bodies and what they are capable of.

link   
reply to post by DJW001

It only takes one black swan to prove there are black swans. And brother we're looking straight down the barrel from one of the biggest black swans you could imagine. Yes! There is light at the end of the tunnel. It is Nibiru. Elenin is just a little chicklet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join