It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam vs The Man - Canceled after endorsing Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So the way it's looking, an organization named America's Survival Inc filed an FEC complaint against Russia Today's American Broadcaster, Adam Kokesh, for endorsing Ron Paul, which brought RT into some legal issues, and that is why he will no longer be on the air.

There’s really nothing more to it than this in summary:

1) Kokesh effed up.

2) Benton reacted in a manner he was forced into by Kokesh and the legal matter Kokesh precipitated

3) RP cant say anything to anyone about this legal matter, least of all RT or Kokesh

4) The media is awaiting the campaign to make a wrong move

5) Kokesh was forced to resign from RT by RT because he was the cause of the legal matter that RT now finds itself embroiled in

6) Posters like “FromJericho” on DP is now baiting the campaign into legally embroiling itself into this legal matter, who knows why

7) Some DPers, including I’m certain both genuine RP and Kokesh supporters with genuine concern as well as establishment plants who want to hurt the campaign are whipping up the froth and division (advertently or inadvertently) to try to get the campaign to engage in something they shouldn’t so the media can take advantage of the situation to hit RP

www.dailypaul.com...

Adam Kokesh errored by linking his efforts on RT to the official campaign, thereby placing the PEC (official campaign) in potential legal jeopardy.

Regardless of whether or not you like RT or like and agree with Kokesh as I do, I'm sure the campaign did not appreciate having to deal with this potential legal headache and potential media nightmare.

www.dailypaul.com...

Here's a snip from the FEC complaint:

The endorsement of a Presidential candidate and the raising of funds on the air for a presidential candidate by this foreign corporation operating in the United States are apparent violations of the FEC laws and regulations prohibiting these actions by foreign nationals.

America's Survival Inc. urges the Federal Election Commission to look into this matter and immediately initiate an investigation into the facts presented in this complaint.

Complaint Letter - PDF
www.usasurvival.org...

What followed, were some barriers put up between Kokesh and Benton to prevent any further legal issues that may arise, that may jeopardize Paul's campaign, which explains the reaction Benton had for Kokesh's Ron Paul invitation onto the show Adam vs The Man.

Jesse Benton is the Ron Paul campaign Communications Director.

This was the last minute of Adam vs The Man's show...

Here are the messages from the Facebook wall from yesterday...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60b83b9d1121.png[/atsimg]

Summary of Links...
FEC Complaint by America's Survival Inc.
The Daily Paul - The Truth Laid Bare in the Kokesh/Benton/RP Flap
Adam Kokesh - Facebook Page
Final Episode - Blog Post (www.adamvstheman.com)
Adam Kokesh - Wikipedia

All in all, it's a huge headache of a story... And we'll likely be hearing more (distorted views) about it in the coming days.

Adam only had good intentions, he just goofed (majorly) by not realizing he was crossing over some apparent legal boundaries that could have potentially put Paul's campaign in jeopardy, and also created some issues for RT. Hopefully Adam can move past this and venture into something else and stay positive.
edit on 8/24/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
RP needs to fire and replace Benton. Those comments were out of line and certainly not something RP would have endorsed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Am I the only one to which it comes as news that RT is a direct property of and run by the Russian Government? I honestly didn't know this before your post here. I thought of RT to the Russian side of the world as Al Jazeera is the Arab, but not a direct asset of the Russian Government.

The legal matters brought that to light as I'd originally seen your headline, skimmed the information and been outraged at what sounded like more funny business. To read closer, that was a bad first impression. I don't really care for RT running stories that directly effect the American political campaigns either direction.

Does Washington get to set up a very political V.O.A. station directed at the Russian market to influence their coming elections with Putin?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000Am I the only one to which it comes as news that RT is a direct property of and run by the Russian Government?

All a conspiracy to stir the pot, in my opinion.

If you look at Adam's history, what he talks about, and what he does, you'll see that he's not the enemy here. He's always been a promoter of American liberties, freedom, and bringing transparency to critical issues.

The main reason he was on RT America, is because the kind of broadcasting he did would never fly on US mainstream news. Never. RT takes a more transparent approach to journalism, and doesn't appear to be infiltrated by special interest influences like you find in the MSM.

Again, just my opinion.
edit on 8/24/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I wonder where Kokesh will go next? I highly doubt a station like CNN, or Fox will pick him up. At the moment, the only person who I could see picking him up would be Alex Jones, with his new little show coming out soon. Maybe Kokesh could be a correspondent for that show?
edit on 24-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
RP needs to fire and replace Benton. Those comments were out of line and certainly not something RP would have endorsed.

Agreed.

His response made him sound a bit like he had no idea what the hell Adam was all about.

I see no point in bashing the guy who is playing on the same team, when you have such a small team.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

washington already has propaganda outlets in russia such as radioliberty,Novaya Gazeta, globalvoicesonline,vesti etc.

Russia has Russia today , which is very subtle and a supporter of conservative and libertarian values. Its a sad day for capitalism that corporatism and communism hijacked USA and we need Russia to inform us about the state of affairs in our nation as most media is controlled by Pentagon ,Rothschild and his minions .

Adam Kokesh will be harassed like other dissidents of USA by homeland security and so called legal groups (controlled by US gov)

God bless Kokesh and if things get bad , I hope Russia provides him Asylum

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
See, I called for Benton's firing when I heard about this too. However, after reading a lot of peoples' opinions on the subject, it sounds like Benton was actually trying to save Ron Paul's rear. He had to distance himself from Adam Kokesh and the backlash that was coming. Adam's illegal activity was putting RP in the fire as well.

This is not my opinion. I don't have one personally. I'm just repeating what I've heard. The thing that matters to me is that we, the Liberty movement, do NOT lose our focus. We have to maintain the course and not let our opinions of what has happened dissuade us in the least. Division is exactly what the establishment wants to happen. They want something to break us up and increase the fighting within. I think we're better, stronger and more determined.

I'll miss Adam's show but life is all about learning from our mistakes. Head in the game, ladies and gentleman. We have a lot of work yet to do...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

edit on 25-8-2011 by jonco6 because: ya it figures

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The endorsement of a Presidential candidate and the raising of funds on the air for a Presidential candidate by this foreign corporation operating in the United States are apparent violations of the FEC laws and regulations prohibiting these actions by foreign nationals.

www.usasurvival.org...

Looking at the FEC it says this:

§ 441e. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals1
(a) Prohibition. It shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 304(f)(3)) (2 U.S.C. § 434(f)(3)); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
(b) As used in this section, the term “foreign national” means—
(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22,2 except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 101(a)(22) of the Immigration and Nationality Act)3 and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.1

I personally am not seeing a violation of FEC regulations. There are a two distinct regulations here:

(1) A foreign national, directly or indirectly to make - a contribution or donation to an election, a contribution or donation to a PAC, or a disbursement of other funds in connection with an election.

(2) A person to solicit donations from foreign nationals.

I do not see where the person who filed the FEC complaint has any legal grounds for the complaint. Adam nor RT, gave money from foreign nationals nor solicited any money from foreign nationals. RT is in the USA and by the complaint, airs on USA televisions across the USA. Even if RT could be called a foreign national under the meaning of FEC regulations, which I do not think it can because it operates within as any other corporation in America, RT still neither solicited monies from other foreign nationals, nor gave money directly or indirectly from foreign nationals.

Adam should be pissed. He got hosed for no reason.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

This was going to be my next step, given that I wanted to see the fine-print for myself...

Thanks bringing this up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Please do spread it. I was reading over on the Daily Paul the guy who posted that thread has no clue what the law actually says. I don't have a Daily Paul account so I cannot post. But truth should be known. There is no violation as stated in the complaint, if anyone takes a look at the actual regulation. Maybe, this was just the powerful elite getting their way, silencing anyone that supports Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto...

Adam, like Paul, is the enemy of the state - as we know it today. The last thing they want is the both of them spreading the same message, and working towards the same goal, together.

Fortunately for us, they both have a record of persistence. This is only a delay. It will pass.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Adam vs The Man - Canceled

Good.

His show was horrible anyway.

Adam, like Paul, is the enemy of the state

Haha, really? Adam was an enemy of the state working for a ``state`` owned media network?

edit on 25-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
all media is slanted, and wasn't there a ruling saying fox news could print lies and that's okay? So who cares if he supports a political candidate. I'm surprised RT didn't fight it, that has to be a popular show for them. I guess they'll also lose out.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I thought I would update you just posted within the last hour.

The FEC complaint was not a factor in canceling AVTM on RT. NOBODY takes Kincaid seriously, & the complaint had no legal basis.

h ttps://twitter.com/#!/adamkokesh/status/106710682711502848
edit on 25-8-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So now we can add to Ron Paul's list of failings,

Officially Backed by The Russian Government

What's next, the Chinese commies back Ron Paul too?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

I thought I would update you just posted within the last hour.

The FEC complaint was not a factor in canceling AVTM on RT. NOBODY takes Kincaid seriously, & the complaint had no legal basis.

h ttps://twitter.com/#!/adamkokesh/status/106710682711502848

Looks like you were in fact correct.

Who's this Kincaid character?

Nevermind, he's the guy who wrote the complaint...

Still though.. Why's he being so vague about the show ending then?...
edit on 8/25/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
So now we can add to Ron Paul's list of failings,

Officially Backed by The Russian Government

What's next, the Chinese commies back Ron Paul too?

Can't tell if this was sarcasm or not.

And no, that's just what they want it to look like.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Russia is no enemy of USA.the govt of USA is the true enemy of the once great USA(now fascistic nightmare) . Only Ron Paul can stop it and Russia does not want nuclear war ,which the corporate american war regime wants ...

new topics

top topics

join