It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how you create Terrorism!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My God, I've just seen these two clips. They're small parts of documentaries that talk about what happened there in Guatemala in 1954.

How Countries Are Manipulated

[edit on 10-6-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i'm guatemalan.. someone stated earlier in this post

"Colonel Castillo Armas became the new president and the the U. S. Ambassador furnished Armas with lists of radical opponents to be eliminated and the arrest and tourture began."

now, my father is in his early 60's now.. and we currently live in los angeles, but him and my mother told me a story about him, at the time i wasn't born yet. my mother and father were pretty young, i wonder if this parallels to the time you describe because..

my father was driving to work in his convertable mustang, when two vans pulled up at an intersection and blocked his way forth. men with ski masks and automatic weapons proceeded to get out of the car, and grabbed my father out of the vehicle without even opening the door.

my dad was taken to an undisclosed warehouse, where they began to interrogate him, demanding where the weapons were and they knew he was a 'guerilla'.. my dad to the very end exclaimed he had no idea what they were talking about. they used methods of torture such as putting a skin tight leather mask with various poisons on the inside of this mask to get him to talk. my dad nearly died and was definitely at the brink of death.

he was then thrown in a guatemalan prison with a bunch of prisoners who committed actual crimes and his cell was not locked.

eventually, the government, or these people who kidnapped my father, let him go when they realized they made a mistake in identity. my father received no compensation, money or anything.. was simply let go like, 'whoops, sorry.' this is the primary reason we are living in the united states.

now i bring this up because i wonder if that list of 'radical opponents' given to armas initiated this tale with my father.

i don't know if the time period coincides with the event that took place with him, he's in his early 60s and was quite young, i'd say 25-30 when this happened.

if that is the case, it makes me even more angry that our government helped instigate this bull.. which led to innocent victims being misidentified, tortured and scarring their lives.

<< 1   >>

join