It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington National Monument cracked in earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks like the DC earthquake left a little reminder behind.. apparently it was cracked at the top due to the earthquake.

www.montrealgazette.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

When was the last time the Washington Monument was inspected for cracks?? Who knows, this could have been there for years now....Not saying one way or another, just throwing that out there....

I live in PA and felt the earthquake, so I know how real it was.....Just asking when the last inspection was, if any were done ever??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

When was the last time the Washington Monument was inspected for cracks?? Who knows, this could have been there for years now....Not saying one way or another, just throwing that out there....

I live in PA and felt the earthquake, so I know how real it was.....Just asking when the last inspection was, if any were done ever??

Good point..I was thinking the same as I read the article.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There were also reports of loose stones. So I think the damage is not immaterial.

CNN Reports: Some Stones Loose At Washington Monument After Quake (VIDEO)
edit on 24-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wonder if the crack is on the east face anywhere near the inscription Laus Deo??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just look at the elite hurrying to repair their illuminati symbol in Washington, The Obelisk!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's probably in a super secret stone placed there by the Masons to be revealed after this planned earthquake by the reptillians in order to show the documents and artifacts Washington and other masons used to win the war against the British.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
To bad it didnt fall over and take the entire congress out..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Just look at the elite hurrying to repair their illuminati symbol in Washington, The Obelisk!

As in Obelisk Oblige?

Certainly far more important than balancing a budget.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

You are advocating the death of over 500 people and their aides.
No matter how evil, that just ain't cool...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Maybe the earthquake was caused by the ghost of D H Hill whispering the secret pass "come retribution".
There has to be a conspiracy here somewhere.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Honestly i can care less do you really think think they care about us and our interests?? All the people starving on the steets, people who have no homes u think they care about us.. Feeding us nonsense through the tube all day long, and delibritely giving us negative information to keeps us down.. The post was a joke all in all but at the same time would i feel bad for those law makers. Not really..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As another poster indicated, this crack could very well be years old. But if it is being politicized, then there is some reason for it. It can be as simple as an excuse to allocate billions of dollars to fix the monument or as complex as being a sign that America's wang has been broken.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you ask me thats a bad omen, if a lets say a drinking glass breaks, cracks you either werent carefully or its a bad omen news for you or someone you know.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Honestly i can care less do you really think think they care about us and our interests?? All the people starving on the steets, people who have no homes u think they care about us.. Feeding us nonsense through the tube all day long, and delibritely giving us negative information to keeps us down.. The post was a joke all in all but at the same time would i feel bad for those law makers. Not really..

Like I said, not cool to wish the deaths of others no matter how evil you view them.
I got the joke. Just don't think It's funny. Imagine the results of that scenario happening...the REAL string pullers would have free reign, and your joke just might be considered sedition.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

im pretty sure there on summer vacation like obama,sure bet some one was in the building though so i dont think that would have been a good thing

top topics

join