It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO INVASION WATCH - 1000s of NATO troops prepare for a "humanitarian" invasion of Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

"Humanitarian Occupation" ...... It's all about oil, always has been about oil and always WILL be about oil.

Just as the invasion of Iraq was dubbed (O)peration (I)raq (L)iberation or OIL for short, the invasion of Libya could similarly be dubbed (O)peration (I)ntervention (L)ibya or you guessed it, OIL for short...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Its sad to see another country about to be devastated at the hands of the US and NATO. Bring the troops home. Stop spending trillions on war when we need that money for the people!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
NATO has done the same thing in Libya as the U.S. Central Command did in Iraq. They won the war but spent so much time focused on that, they stand back in the same confusion as the local 'liberated' population as to what specifically comes next? You would have thought after the fall of Baghdad and watching the result of a total system collapse (police included), this would have been thought of this time around with the 'rebels'. Apparently not.

I think I was being too optimistic in estimating the Libyans would be singing the praises of the Western World for a month on the outside. I'm starting to think closer to 10-14 days. They've been pounded awfully hard by NATO aircraft with the hope it's all worth it and a better life is coming. They're in for quite a rude shock, I'm thinking.

The Libyan population is the only party involved that I feel for here.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I have to disagree with you there, I think they weighed up how much they are currently gaining from their relationship and how much they could gain from it if Ghaddafi was overthrown.

There is also the issue of Gaddafi wanting to stop trading oil in dollars instead using another currency, and also not wanting the central banking system.

I find it very suspicious that within days of recognizing the rebels they had already set up a central banking system, that too me is the smoking gun and the real reason for the invasion.

Bankers rule the world and Governments are merely puppets.

P.S Thanks for the manner in which you reply, it is nice to have a reasonable exchange and argument instead of having this childish bickering that usually happens in these threads.

The following might help you understand my reasoning: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by demoncleaner because: To add ATS Thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
anyone else need more proof that the Libyan uprising was funded and inspired by the CIA and MI5?

Remember Gaddafi was saying Al Qaeda was responsible for the insurgency in Libya? And who created Al Qaeda? The CIA.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LibertarianExpress

I was just looking at one of the Rebel's "recognised" politician/official in France, and he looks just like any rich, elite scumbag who in reality doesn't give a toss about his people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join