It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before life. WHAT????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I know the title is a little off but it is the best I culd come up with. So I was just randomly sitting here thinking and it occured to me that we talk so much about entities, spirits, and souls etc after death. You know tourtured souls wandering this earth unable to leave and such. However lets take it to a different direction here, what do you believe our souls exist before birth or do they enter as we are born? Now I am not a believer in reincarnation or any of that however, I have nothing agianst those who do believe in it. So I would just like to get ya'lls thoughts and theories on what happens prior to birth with the soul realm? And to keep it paranormal here, do you believe the unborn can really contact the living as it is believed that the dead can?

I do not mind debate however as on all of my posts I ask that we all be respectful. As always negative comments will be ignored. That said post away and lets have fun. Thanks in advance for your replies

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Here is a biblical point of view which I agree with.

Jer 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This is really not something I normally talk about because I haven't experienced this myself. I think I just don't remember it. It's also a personal tragedy for me.

My grandma always had a story that she was a blob in space. Not space, where the moon resides but something very different. When she came into her body she said it was like she was "sucked out of space". She said she didn't want that life and she resisted it as much as she could. She was told her entire life beforehand. From how she described it, it was being told to her while being sucked from "space" to the "physical".

She had a rough life, her mother died when she was very young and had to take care of many kids. She married a very abusive man and after 5 kids, one of which was my mother, he skipped town never to be heard from again. Her entire life was a struggle. At around the age of 58'ish (its hard to really determine when) she developed frontal lobe dementia. She lived 9 more years but ended up choking on her breakfast on the only day that the nurse decided to leave her unattended.

Her story is very important to me, not only because she was my grandma, it also explains weird things like deja vu and reincarnation. Both things she believed in.

So to answer your question, before life. You're a blob in "space".

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Now I'm going to tell you how it works!

Our spirits are wandering around in capsules on a giant spacecraft.
The aliens make our souls, our spirits!

Why?

Because they want the best spirits, for their own world, so they can make the master race.
The more a soul is going through, the more it learns.

And there is a reason why there are bad, bad people. That is souls who are just newly made from the spaceship.

(They don't got enough souls for every person that is born all the time)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Before we are born into this reality our real selves are living in a place that is our home. We're creating and planning what we will do and when we will do it.

Our spinal cord is where our soul attaches itself to our body.

Think of the brain as the receiver for our soul to this reality.

Thats my take on it.

Find your own answer.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

one of my favorite verses. Thank you for your reply.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

interesting point here thankl you for shareing even tho I am sure it was not easy you decided to share it is much appreciated and a very good point of view

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Ready for another viewpoint? There's some actual research behind this one.

The "expected" thing for a being to do after it drops the body is to report back to the Between Lives Area. This is basically an implant station. The most popular one is on Mars. The ordinary experience is that you go though some sort of tunnel into a lighted area where you are judged, or conferred with. Then your memory is wiped and you are sent back down to pick up a new body. This is normally done around the time of birth. A lower-level entity is with the body while it is in the womb. When it is born the higher-level entity takes over from the lower-level one (usually).

That said: Many beings don't follow this routine. Their experiences are a little less predictable. One result is that they can pick up a new body without experiencing a memory wipe. Then as soon as they are old enough they will start chattering about the people they knew before and wanting to visit them and so forth. As they get older this usually calms down. It is really quite common.

They can also decide to hang around and not depart earth. These are ghosts and other haunting manifestations.

I suppose there are a few beings that leave and never come back to earth. And a few that arrive and have never lived here before. Those ones are likely to act rather disoriented as children.

It is really too bad that we don't understand all this and show more tolerance for those with uncommon journeys. They can be some of the more remarkable beings, if they are loved and nurtured when young. And they can be quite destructive, I suppose, if they are treated poorly enough when they are young.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

another interesting point thank you for your response this sounds like it could be very liklely, I really havnt thought much on it. It is one of those random things that just poped into my head before i posted it so i havnt had time to digest it myself yet and i like others oponions as well

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

great insight and explination here, If you dont mind me asking where did you do your research at? it would be interesting to look into

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

My grandma also said that when she was brought into this world it was at birth not conception. I always believed it was because time means nothing in this realm and conception and birth is almost instantaneous in that realm.

I wish she was still alive so she could tell you guys what she thought. I think she made most of her stories rated G for me. I do remember her saying her first experiences were at birth, not 9 months inside a waterbed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't think that being dead, and being "not-born-yet" are quite the same thing. The only evidence I have for this is that it is just what I think - after thinking about it for a long time over a period of time.
The materialistic view says that when you die, you just die - and that your sense of "self" and consciousness is nothing more than an illusion generated by a series of self-referencing loops. Is that all we are? A sack of elements arranged into self-replicating molecules driven by millions of years of evolution into a species that can even THINK about such things? Well...technically speaking - yes. However, if this were true - then the following would be true, assuming that the technology was available: IF if were possible to make a 100% clone of yourself, AND it were possible to transfer the ENTIRE memory from yourself to your clone, AND you were instantly destroyed after the transfer...then the clone SHOULD be you. From the observer looking at you, it WOULD be you. But would YOU be seeing through the clones eyes? I find this highly unlikely, as would most of you (I think), but the outside world would think it was you AND your clone would think it was you as well.

IF consciousness is nothing more than a certain wave pattern in the brain caused by genetic makeup - does this not indicate that there was a predetermined pattern of "you". How much of a genetic variance could there be before you were someone else?...which brings us back to the clone issue...would a 100% copy of you be YOU or just a copy of you....and if not, then what else would be the difference?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Now I'm going to tell you how it works!

Our spirits are wandering around in capsules on a giant spacecraft.
The aliens make our souls, our spirits!

Why?

Because they want the best spirits, for their own world, so they can make the master race.
The more a soul is going through, the more it learns.

And there is a reason why there are bad, bad people. That is souls who are just newly made from the spaceship.

(They don't got enough souls for every person that is born all the time)

Do you mean this in a joking/sarcastic way or do you actually believe it?

Because i can't see this being a reality!

If you honestly believe this, please explain to us how and where you got this information.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Mmmm.... Double post it seems......
edit on 24-8-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
I know the title is a little off but it is the best I culd come up with. So I was just randomly sitting here thinking and it occured to me that we talk so much about entities, spirits, and souls etc after death. You know tourtured souls wandering this earth unable to leave and such. However lets take it to a different direction here, what do you believe our souls exist before birth or do they enter as we are born? Now I am not a believer in reincarnation or any of that however, I have nothing agianst those who do believe in it. So I would just like to get ya'lls thoughts and theories on what happens prior to birth with the soul realm? And to keep it paranormal here, do you believe the unborn can really contact the living as it is believed that the dead can?

I do not mind debate however as on all of my posts I ask that we all be respectful. As always negative comments will be ignored. That said post away and lets have fun. Thanks in advance for your replies

A one-off 'life' does not make sense (and there appears to be anecdotal evidence which alludes to the contrary).
From this point, then, it would be safe to assume that we experience other lives (and there appears to be anecdotal evidence which supports this 'claim')...before, and after death.
There appears to be, from this assessment, at least 3 locales...one definite (if we trust our senses), and at least one other (the one we come from, and the one we go back to).
Of what use could the experience of life/s be? (if indeed it is an experience)
To just BE?...well, we could just BE, outside of life, couldn't we? So, it would be safe to assume that there is something different about inhabiting a body of atomic slime, or...not inhabiting a body.
What could this difference be? And why would it be necessary? And who would choose its commission?
Obviously, it isn't your parents. They only generate the conditions necessary for you to inhabit the vehicle. The only other possibility, is that you have made this choice...unless, you subscribe to the view that you are forced to be born?!
What possible reason would you have, in any situation, to do anything? Good question!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The meaning of life according to me is experience.....

In the beginning a there was nothing but an awareness. It was the infinitely everything and nothing all at once. But how can one know one's self if nothing else exists, if you are everything and nothing all at once? In order to experience everything inside one needs to understand everything on the outside. But one cannot do that if one is everything.

So this awareness began to divide itself into smaller separate parts (aka the Big Bang). Firstly quantum particles to understand what it is to just be. More complex forms arose - atoms, electrons, molecules, matter. And now we have an understanding of movement and energy. Eventually simple life arose, and now we understand stimuli and response. Animals - basal emotions such as fear, lust, hunger, contentment. And finally higher life forms such as humans and all the complexities that go along with them.

Now as everything is still one and the same, there is an attraction to everything else. And this attraction is love. Nothing more nothing less. But this attraction, this love, is what eventually will lead us back to the source. When each separate soul has finally experienced its little part of the puzzle it will follow the path of love, its own in built attraction to everything else, back to the source, and the veil will be lifted. And once again everything will become one again....
edit on 24/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Islam says:
Day 40 after conception your soul is put in your body which is obviously within your mothers womb.

Seems to be about right to me(and I wasnt brought up as a muslim), I can't swallow some of what I've read of other religions/beliefs verdict on this issue.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

In the Tibetan Book of the Dead, they say pretty much the same thing.

That we choose our parents prior to conception and inhabit the fetus with our soul as the fetus develops....which makes sense due to the body of the fetus requires certain biological functions and body parts such as the brain and nervous system necessary in which to support life.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We are spiritual biengs having the human experiance. We come into this world to learn lessons and grow spiritualy. So we can higher our vibration and move on to other realms of existance. Our ultimate goal to return to the highest celestial realm of forever ie god. We were here before we are are forever. Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There is no before life... There is only life.... Which ultimately is made of energy.... And energy cannot be created or destroyed,it can only change form....

Before life, is more life.... You may not always be self aware.... but..... you are always alive....in a matter of speaking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join