It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thank you for this great post. seeing these things in scale is mind blowing

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Love the Thread, nice to see the comparisons and put these accounts into perspective.

I saw another comment among someone's post here that I found interesting below as they were talking about eye witness accounts.

"The lack of real evidence says something to me."

I think someone needs to inform our legal system that eye witness accounts are not "real" evidence. If that is the case then there are many people in jail that need to be let out. Somehow an eye witness account is the gold standard for witnesses in our legal system. Yes these accounts are generally supported by other enidence, although when there are multiple eye witness accounts no other evidence is required to convict someone.

Amazing how so many people can report exactly what they saw, yet when it upsets someone's idea of normal or their idea of what they believe the world to be like people reporting this kind of thing are automatically labelled crazy, gullible or ignorant. Even more amazing is how so many people that come here can agree on how much the government lies to them but when the government offers up some conventional explanation about a sighting (by someone that didn't even witness the same event) it is generally accepted as fact by most people. That seems to apply even when the story changes several times.
edit on 24-8-2011 by seeker1977 because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

awesome job on everything. i saw a gigantic boomerang shaped ufo in 1985. each "wing" was bigger than a football field. it was the largest thing Ive ever seen in the air.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
pretty incredible if you ask me

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1977

That is a very interesting thought. If a policeman testifies that "he saw a guy with a gun chasing another guy across a street and they both disappeared into the woods," that can be used to help convict someone. And you might get a conviction with 2 other cops confirming his testimony. Justice served! But if the policemen had said they witnesses a large cigar shaped polished metal looking object hovering 300 ft in the sky, then suddenly they are found to be unreliable...? Would be like the jurors disputing the testimony of the police seeing "a guy with a gun"... instead saying he mistook that for "dogs playing in the street." You know its like WTF

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Great thread and really kinda scary when you think about it WOW something that large??? Its funny but those who would like to misslead us would just say it was just a flare...LOL...No way sorry...thank you for this.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Awesome job with this thread. S&F - Good to see such an effort by members of the forum.

In my opinion, many of these crafts could possibly be interdimensional and moving at a higher frequency. Crafts this size may seem absurd to some people, thinking an alien race must use our laws of physics when visiting our planet isnt necessary if they can use a type of force field. Although we may not understand how these objects do these things, its no reason to immediately dismiss.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Thanks. I have the book Night Siege by Hynek right in front of me. Judging by all the data I would guess it could be one of those cresent shaped boomerangs. see: "2010: Huge UFOs over Louisiana" in OP. Or a smaller variation of it. All of the "trained observers" (eg. Pilots, Cops, Engineers, Scientists, Doctors) agreed the object was "bigger than a football field."

edit on 24-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Have you ever reported it?

2nd Line.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Good god, thank you can't wait to read it more.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for that, excellent post.

When you hear 1 mile long ufo you think its huge, but with something as a reference I'm scared and in awe of what could be out there.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thanks Scramjet76

This kind of creative thinking is what we need more of here, awesome!.

I would like to have seen some of those objects myself, I keep looking up here in LA Calif., but no luck yet.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted on ATS yet but we just had a giant UFO sighting here in China. Seen from Shanghai+Beijing it reminds me of the orbs in all the STS videos (especially the tether incident) due to its transparency/luminous nature.

You can find some images and a report here
shanghaiist.com...

"A purported pilot on China Southern Airlines flight CZ6554 that flies the Shanghai-Changchun route weibbed an eyewitness account at 11:19pm on Saturday night:

On the evening of the 20th at 9pm, on flight number 6554 in the Shanghai area, I discovered at an altitude of 10,700 meters an enormous spherical glowing heavenly body, that grew in size from small to large. Going by rules of geometry, it was larger than the moon by several hundred times, with an estimated diameter of over 50 nautical miles. It faded away after 20 minutes, and was extremely shocking, with dozens of flight crews also reporting to Shanghai!
Not to be outdone, Eastday reports that Beijing residents, though skeptical, claim to have seen a spherical entity above their own skies on Saturday evening:

"The white round bubble appears in the sky and then expanded quickly, until it disappeared five minutes later," said Yu Jun, a former editor of a scientific magazine and amateur astronomer who took pictures of the object.
"I believe the glowing bubble is not just a natural astronomical phenomenon, but is a phenomenon occurring around Earth, perhaps in the upper atmosphere, caused by the launching of rockets or satellites," said Yu."

Lots of witnesses, reported all over mainstream Chinese media, pilot eye witness accounts, etc.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Alternet because: context

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
wow... that put it in such great prospective
the Phoenix lights look so small on the video but when you see it laid out next to a football field or an island.....wow

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by lordpiney

Have you ever reported it?

2nd Line.

no i haven't. i have thought about reporting it a few times throughout the years, but i never did. it was the most impressive thing ive ever seen in the sky in my 46 years on this world.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Excellent thread that brings attention to a topic that may be hard to digest. People are seeing flying craft that are a mile wide and often described in size how many football stadiums it relates to. One eye witness pilot even said i could have landed my 747 on it!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thank you very much for your work done here. It certainly puts things in perspective. The different craft are interesting and would lend one to believe that there are several species of extra-terrestrial out there. Perhaps over time as more become identified we can also put together known statements from witnesses and video/photo evidence as to which species go with which type of craft. As well as speculation as to which star system they may come from.

I do believe that we are not alone in the universe and some ET's may be benevolent and some may be malevolent. I think it is very important to find this information out if at all possible. If we have been in contact, and most likely someone on this planet is in the know. After all if we are being studied then that information would be out there somewhere in the possesion of someone or many someones. Lets see what we can bring out in the open labeling both fact and speculation accordingly. I would sure like to know more as well as many others what exactly is the truth behind the phenomena.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by seeker1977

That is a very interesting thought. If a policeman testifies that "he saw a guy with a gun chasing another guy across a street and they both disappeared into the woods," that can be used to help convict someone. And you might get a conviction with 2 other cops confirming his testimony. Justice served! But if the policemen had said they witnesses a large cigar shaped polished metal looking object hovering 300 ft in the sky, then suddenly they are found to be unreliable...? Would be like the jurors disputing the testimony of the police seeing "a guy with a gun"... instead saying he mistook that for "dogs playing in the street." You know its like WTF

Suppose the cop testifies that he saw a man with a gun vanish into thin air while he was watching, it would be interesting to see how many jurors will find him a credible witness.

Eyewitness testimony is considered reliable only as long as it doesn't introduce hither to unknown/unproven phenomena to be taken at their face value.

It would be extremely interesting to see someone bringing up an alien-abduction or some similar thing, backed by "credible eyewitnesses" to prove his innocence in a criminal case in a court of law

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Very cool, thanks for posting!

The NWT case is one that has always intrigued me due to the number of witnesses. Can't really argue with airline pilots either.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

It would be extremely interesting to see someone bringing up an alien-abduction or some similar thing, backed by "credible eyewitnesses" to prove his innocence in a criminal case in a court of law

Ok so let's stick to Facts...
Canis majoris is just a star, but 2600 times our sun in diameter.
95% of universe is "dark matter",
mankind reproducet anti-hydrogen , simplest element of an "anti-matter mendeleev table"(?)

Then I would rationally expect:
Dark matter made visitors
Anti matter made visitors
Microscopic visitors
Macroscopic visitors

and these are guys who are possible in our universe.

Wans some hypothesis instead ?
Our universe , as i see it , is a very efficient machine
that transforms its possible states into yes and no.
Also it could be other universes, in such case we would also get :
trans dimensional visitors
time travelers visitors
immanent visitors (non subject to time at all)

Just some Non linear thinking... anyone enjoyed ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join