It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Rocks San Francisco Bay Area at 11:40 PM Pacific Time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hello everyone, i posted some predictions yesterday about all this happening, take a look for your self. www.abovetopsecret.com... Now all this quake activity is not surprising as i was expecting it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
Hello everyone, i posted some predictions yesterday about all this happening, take a look for your self. www.abovetopsecret.com... Now all this quake activity is not surprising as i was expecting it.

You expected seismic activity on the west coast?!?! WOW...lol, I expected the sun to rise in the east and set in the west today.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintinwaiting
JAPAN'S BIG ONE MATCHED THIS LATITUDE AS THE OTHERS ACROSS THE US THE PAST 24 HOURS! Pretty crazy stats there!

Japan 9+

earthquake.usgs.gov...

38.322°N

scary.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintinwaiting
JAPAN'S BIG ONE MATCHED THIS LATITUDE AS THE OTHERS ACROSS THE US THE PAST 24 HOURS! Pretty crazy stats there!

This is mostly true, anyone can confirm this for themselves. I remember hearing about it so prominently a few months ago - how the Japan quake, San Fran area, and New Madrid fault all had the same latitudes, approx.

The list now is:

Japan 9.0 Quake
Colorado 5.5 Quake
Virginia 5.9 Quake
San Francisco Bay area
New Madrid Fault Zone

And, of course, I have to mention that Mount Etna is also located at 37 degrees N latitude.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

actually i don't think anyone here is wishing for it to hit us already,maybe others but not me!I've been living in extreme anxiety since yesterday,i mean its crazy,my heart is racing,my hands shacking,and it is like you know it's gonna happen yet you don't know what where how and why!I was actually wishing for somebody to tell me "nah you are worried for nothing,there is actually anything unusual.This feeling just won't go.sorry if i'm off topic

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Properties of the number 37

Symbolism

According to R. Allendy, it is "the individual evolution in the cosmic organization".

According to Fathers of the Church, thirty seven is a symbol of the Christ. It is the symbol of the alive word of God. To this number is thus allotted a certain dignity.

According to the antique science of Chaldeans, the number 37 symbolizes the Force, the Capacity and the Power.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I live between 4 and 6 miles from the epicenter on a hillside on the south east side of San Francisco. Its a straight line across the bay from the epicenter according to the USGS. So, at that distance, it only makes sense that I felt it much stronger than say, down in San Jose or up in Sacramento. It practically happened right under me and for those that point out that i was as much as 6 miles away, that is litteraly nothing as far as epicenters go. So, sorry if it sounded melodramatic but, I felt it.. and posted it within one minute of happening.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Always keep this in mind guys, as i know this doesn't provide much comfort, but i believe whatever happens is supposed to happen. The earth might very possibly be going through a rebirth, and if so it's just the very beginning. Do not give in to the fear as i can see many are already, keep the energy vibrations up. Maybe these quakes mean nothing, maybe they do but remember this we will all win in the end.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
I live between 4 and 6 miles from the epicenter on a hillside on the south east side of San Francisco. Its a straight line across the bay from the epicenter according to the USGS. So, at that distance, it only makes sense that I felt it much stronger than say, down in San Jose or up in Sacramento. It practically happened right under me and for those that point out that i was as much as 6 miles away, that is litteraly nothing as far as epicenters go. So, sorry if it sounded melodramatic but, I felt it.. and posted it within one minute of happening.

How often do you feel quakes? Based on all the California people especially earlier today they'll sweat this one off like it's nothing. Is it often for the epicenter to be in the bay area??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

I've lived here 15 years. I have felt a few maybe 4 or 5 in that time. we have numerous small ones under 3.0 and they are usually felt like waves. This one was a rattle. Its also the closest I've been to an epicenter. Not that it was a big one but that because of my proximity to it, I really felt it. I noted how short it was. and there have been a few more jolts but what worries me is.. was it a precursor?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
never mind, sry
edit on 8/24/2011 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This is just getting ridiculous. Anything below a 5.0 is NOTHING to worry about in a modern, non-third world country. There is NO need to be alarmed, or get all bent out of shape over a rumble that is dwarfed by some of the fireworks you see on Halloween.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
these two quakes in Co and San francisco are baby quakes .. but its still good to keep track of them all.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Just out of interest, and obviously these two little 'snipets' can be debunked or argued.....Jesus lived to the age of 37, and the Rosemary bush which in ancient times was associated with Jesus, takes 37 years to grow to its full height of 37 feet.
Just saying....nothing to do with what is going on, just an association to the number is all.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You can add an Oklahoma quake at 35.535 Lat to the ones at or near the 37 Lat mark. Also curious, I keep a tab open to the USGS 7 day list site all the time and check it regularly, more often when there is activity. It just updated for the first time since 19:53 UTC time and that means that there were no updates for over 14 hours. I have never seen such a gap in updates even on weekends when the staffing is lower. I don't know what significance this has but it is curious that it happened during this unusual series of quakes.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thats nothing. In VA we get 5.8's.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
1, how long until someone on here shouts "HAARP"?

2, US gets quakes UK gets riots!!!

HAARP!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't know anything about earthquakes or volcanos etc.... But them being on the same latitude does seem quite interesting. Wasn't there something months back on the forum about the 37th latitude? I don't remember what it had to do with, maybe a Nostradamus prediction or something else similar. I'll have to try to find it now.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Just out of interest, and obviously these two little 'snipets' can be debunked or argued.....Jesus lived to the age of 37, and the Rosemary bush which in ancient times was associated with Jesus, takes 37 years to grow to its full height of 37 feet.
Just saying....nothing to do with what is going on, just an association to the number is all.
Rainbows
Jane

Actually Jesus was 33 when He was on the cross.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join