It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

OMG My Compass is Pointing the "Wrong" Way!!!

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So i was out talking with the neighbors and cleaning my car. i came across my compass i bought just a couple years ago. I was holding it in front of the house which it used to point EAST since the house faces stark east since forever.

but it's saying start SOUTHEAST instead and North has moved more toward where the sun sets. I magnetized a pin then hung it on a thread, and got the same result!

whats going on anybody know? anyone else's compass not working like it used to?? im in nyc metro area.




posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The magnet underneath the dial could have shifted. Compare it to another compass.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
thanks for the link, i just glimpsed and seems like everyone was getting north shifting to the east. i think i'm getting north shifting to the west, as i'm getting southeast where i used to get east (on but the compass and the newly made needle compass). i saw the cork way on the thread and im going to go do that one in a bit and see, as i just did the thread in the middle way.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sounds like it's time to buy a new compass or learn how to read one in the first place



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My compass in my car always says NE and when I get home it says SE, probably caused by the 14 tesla magnetic accelerator in the basement. I think the compass likes the magnets on my speakers in my car though LOL. On a less serious note, apparently magnetic north is on the move (has been for quite a while) at around 40km's per year I think, towards Russia. Maybe it's speeding up? And then there was the sun rising 2 days early in Norway or Greenland or one of those seriously north countries. Something is wrong with the world but I don't think it's happening that fast (your compass) just yet...

Cheers - Dave



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
And then there was the sun rising 2 days early in Norway or Greenland or one of those seriously north countries.


The sun rose two days ago for me. Why is that a conspiracy?



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux
 


here



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux
 


Um, because when you live that far north you literally have a season of daylight and a season of darkness.

This second line sponsored by Canadians for Ron Paul.

Beat me to it LadySkadi; star for you lol
edit on 24-8-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
only once again it must be the end of the world. Perhaps there is a reasonable explination...I am sorry Im sorry if you would have said "there is a UFO outside my house, car, boat...etc...I would have been like Heck really ...what the......But I have to yawn.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
My compass in my car always says NE and when I get home it says SE, probably caused by the 14 tesla magnetic accelerator in the basement. I think the compass likes the magnets on my speakers in my car though LOL. On a less serious note, apparently magnetic north is on the move (has been for quite a while) at around 40km's per year I think, towards Russia. Maybe it's speeding up? And then there was the sun rising 2 days early in Norway or Greenland or one of those seriously north countries. Something is wrong with the world but I don't think it's happening that fast (your compass) just yet...

Cheers - Dave


thanks i just read the below article and it confirms magnetic north is like you say, moving fast west-ward. i am seeing a 45 westward change on my compass and the article has confirmed a 10+ degree of change. 10 degrees still sounds plenty to be off, as it then confirms our magnetic poles have shifted what, 10-11 degrees already?

www.foxnews.com...



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
thanks i just read the below article and it confirms magnetic north is like you say, moving fast west-ward. i am seeing a 45 westward change on my compass and the article has confirmed a 10+ degree of change.

No, it says the declination at Washington, DC is ten degrees. The change of the declination is only 0.1 degrees per year. You might have seen 10 degrees of change over the last century, but you probably aren't using hundred year old maps.

Dang, now I kind of want to find a hundred year old map and see what the declination was.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This goes along the lines in this recent prophecy from April:

The Huge Catastrophe Seen in Meditation

All directions will soon be lost since the earth is sloping steeply in the universe. And good people will be safe. Keep in mind that Falun Dafa(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life) is good and it has been released to mankind to help people during the End of Times as we know them.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi
 


Oh, my apologies. I understand now, I have no idea what I was thinking. I'm aware that the great white north has months of darkness/light and vice versa on the south pole.

Nothing to see here... I made a mistake =)



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
ditto



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
And then there was the sun rising 2 days early in Norway or Greenland or one of those seriously north countries.


The sun rose two days ago for me. Why is that a conspiracy?


I think the key word is "early" as in two days "earlier" than it happens every year.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux
 


No worries - I've certainly miss-read some posts here too and they have made for some interesting misunderstandings (sometimes funny and sometimes not so much) Lol. Cheers.




top topics



 
2

log in

join