It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 703
<< 700  701  702    704  705  706 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0pened
Maybe we can't help ourselves. Free will may be an illusion.

-Silent great song. Loved it. Thank you.

-How is science not a religion? The human genome has 23 paired chromosomes 20 000-25 000 genes and about 3 billion base pairs. Life has been on earth about 3-3.5 billion years. So in 3 billion years somehow 3 billion base pairs managed to line up in such a perfect way to allow me to type this message. That is a lot to swallow without a little faith.

Free will is funny. That's the most polite way I can put it in my book.

As for swallowing without faith… From MY experience, I can certainly swallow without it. Always have and it has not been so bad to me til now.

ps. glad you liked the video. It was meant in a very heartfelt way. Not sure it crossed the border, though.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Please do not think I'm on a rampage after your cute blouse (
) you just tapped into very deep and interesting matters here, and I like that.

But see? Just what I just said… There is no universe talking to you (or me for the matter), instead, that's how we both relate to each other AND mainly our very selves.

Anonymous is very promising, I have to say, I can't wait to see it — beautiful in so many ways, as you say.
However, I still do stand on the alternate bank of yours on that.
There was no universe writing it but the beautiful heart of a human being who should be praised for that — Shakespeare or the next door wanker.

It actually reminds me of a press clipping I read some time ago, about some lady on a flight, flying first class and obnoxious to no end. As it happened (apparently she was an old prickly lady haha) poor thing had a stroke on flight. Luckily for her, there was a doctor onboard.
The guy spend EIGHT hours by her side, providing care and acute nursing.
When the plane landed, she was taken to the hospital, doctors in joy confirming she was saved, so all was good.

What did people say? YaY! It's a miracle! Thank God it's a miracle!
W. T. F. ???!!!
So much for the onboard's doc compassion and professionalism.
Ah, of course, God gave him his 'gift', not studies, not university, not years and years of interest and learning. Naw, God and the universe gave it to him.

When interviewed afterwards, he was asked about people's reaction. He said: "They can just go f- themselves".
I'm with him on that.
Saying thanks would have been too much.
Saying prayers, though… Much better. The art and crafts of buying one's foolish ticket to the orgasmic-technicolor hotel while one's "vehicle" rots underground.

Yes, I remember that incident.

You and I are actually not all that far apart. We are not on opposite banks. Well, actually, you may be on one side, but I am straddling *both* banks, if you haven't noticed?

I have no problem at all with giving the doctor or Shakespeare (whomever he was) full credit where credit is due. I have said all along there is *nothing* wrong with an ego or self, and it should not be the goal to get rid of one's ego, but instead, to have a healthy, balanced, and well adjusted one. There is a healthy middle between selfish and selfless. I've said all along, service to self is just as valid path as service to others; if you do not serve yourself first, you can't properly serve others. In fact, if this oct28 site turns out to be the Righteous Truther/No-Selfers, I think they are dangerously misguided.... but I'm digressing...

Why can't it be both true that it was a miracle of God, *AND* a talented and devoted doctor that saved that woman? Why can't it both be true that it was Shakespeare *AND* the universe flowing through his pen?

I stand on both banks. I see flaws in science, and I see flaws in religion too. But I also see that they are not as far apart as one might think, and that the two could possibly even be bridged. We create the dichotomy by insisting on standing on one bank or the other.

I have no desire to ascend, or go to heaven, and leave this reality. It's awesome!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Well, thanks for that, T. At least I don't feel like babbling into the wilderness.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

Very cool. I like to disagree with you not because it's fun but because it makes sense (let's leave purpose out of it, eh?)

And then… even if you would love to ascend etc… Well, good luck on that. lol
Sorry I could not help myself — but that's because I'm playful and you know it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

What-ever. You're hopeless but I like to think you're just being facetious.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSilentwalker

I can be. But this is what I'm talking about. By calling people names, labeling them, w/e you are insinuating that you are correct. Am I hopeless? Are you hopeless? Who is to say? Certainly not you or I.

Well first, let me retract that. What is hope? How can you say I have no hope? No hope for living up to your golden standards, maybe, just as you have no hope for living up to mine.
edit on 30-9-2011 by 200457 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200457

I can be. But this is what I'm talking about. By calling people names, labeling them, w/e you are insinuating that you are correct. Am I hopeless? Are you hopeless? Who is to say? Certainly not you or I.

You're like Mo. You trip. And you love to trip at that. Who am I to say..? The mere reader of your posts.
Ouch.
You are not gonna get what you expect from me. Nice try, but too kindergarten, somehow.
I certainly will never put a gun to your temple, you're too good at that for yourself. Have fun with it. It's not my trip. At all.
Si—m—plicity—n—chronicity—your call.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200457
Well first, let me retract that. What is hope? How can you say I have no hope? No hope for living up to your golden standards, maybe, just as you have no hope for living up to mine.

Did I ever say you have no hope? I do not seem to recall.
Do not dive into semantics with me, you might just end up head first on a piece of harsh concrete.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Because my posts regarding a random website on the internet reveal that I have no hope. Right, that makes sense.

Do you understand what the word hopeless means?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

That's where I think you're in dire need of a dictionary. Again, you sound just like Mo. You take things far too personally. You need lighten up and yes, THAT is judgmental.

inlophi nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That took you quite a while to reply silent.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
That took you quite a while to reply silent.

Yeah, I took a healthy pause for wa__king.
How do you like that?

edit on 30-9-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: correcting juices

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
usually I need to entertain myself while observing reactions due to the inherent blandness of so many boring people. this is, on the other hand, very entertaining all on it's very own. priceless

edit on 30-9-2011 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: forgot 'to'

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OveRcuRrEnteD
usually I need entertain myself while observing reactions due to the inherent blandness of so many boring people. this is, on the other hand, very entertaining all on it's very own. priceless

lol See, WE the people are the gist of it ALL. Indeed.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Funny you should say that I had looked up the word prior to your post, just to be sure. What I said still stands.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Ah, I see, it was your notes.
Thank you, TNT

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

Well maybe you just created your reality then. Like, in a "it's my personal truth" kind-of-way. Think The Secret.
Dictionary still stands.

hopeless |ˈhōplis|
adjective
1 feeling or causing despair about something: his situation was obviously hopeless | Jessica looked at him in mute hopeless appeal.
2 inadequate; incompetent: I'm hopeless at names.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

mirror.

dictionary i checked has 4 meanings, just because you chose your favorite two doesn't mean you are right.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

Which is not mIrOr.

So many reflects, so many mirrors, so many colors.
The Sufi Friend says one light.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

Daddy, if you check mirror when I check hopeless, it's not a dictionary thing. I think, like I expressed, we do have a communication problem.

Check your bandwidth. You may be overloaded.

new topics

top topics

<< 700  701  702    704  705  706 >>

join