It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology, Patents, Greed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Correct me if i'm wrong but, aren't patents there to 'protect' your from others that want to steal your concept and sell it? So why are there so many selfish 'scientists' that don't bring out these technologies WITHOUT a patent? So what if the basic concept is being stolen, at least YOU introduced this technology into the world and need to make it a big media hype worldwide.

The scientists who develop these new technologies may have their name on the patent as the inventor, but what you really need to look at is the assignee -- rarely are they the same name. Most scientists that are well funded enough to develop something groundbreaking are working for a corporation or a university. I've never heard of a case where researchers don't have to sign an agreement that transfers ownership of intellectual property over to the organization they're working for.

Air it to news stations, spam internet tech sites, youtube movies anything to draw attention to you. So that when people KNOW there are solar panels able to be 60% efficient or higher, and that there are 'free-energy' systems out there, etc. Dr. Steven Greer (please leave any personal opinions at home) had/has the disclosure project, yet nothing is coming out. Many others have made these machines that either generate free energy OR convert a small input into a very large output.

While it seems like a great idea to broadcast the information for all to see, there's a downside -- generally, once communicated publicly or practiced, the art is now in the public domain and cannot be patented. But if someone makes a minor improvement or change from the original art that distinguishes it in some way, they can then patent their version of the original invention. If enough people do this, it has the same effect as if the original work had been patented. This is actually a common tactic on a corporate level -- find a competitor's technology where they've left obvious avenues for improvement and jump on them faster than the original inventor/assignee can do it. Do it well enough and you've effectively walled off their patent from being used.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If your patent is approved and accepted you are legally protected so that it cannot be used, sold or made by other companies. Why in gods name would you otherwise apply for a patent? Seems a waiste of money and time don't you think?

Yes, but it's still up to the patent holder to initiate legal proceedings. If it's a private citizen up against a large corporation, the corporation can stall the process until it's not longer worth it for the citizen to continue the legal battle. There are companies who do nothing buy license patent right from inventors so they can turn around an sue anyone who may be infringing on the patent in the hope that they'll settle before it ever gets to a courtroom.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Work for 20+ years and pay off your house. Claw and scratch for every nickel.
Then take another look at patents and greed.

Someone worked hard for their patent. They deserve the rewards that come from it.

If you want to donate your innovations to the ‘people’ chairman Mao would salute you.

XL5

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I tried a PVC tube with a high voltage charged wire in the center and aluminium tape on the outside of the 1/2" tube. The wire/tape was not touching the wire and I had the tube connected to a 20KV power supply and a fish tank air pump. It was bubbling away in about 200mL of Canadian Tire deionized water (has a bittering agent in it) for 3 hours and nothing changed. I think it needs to be water collected from burning hydrogen in oxygen.

I just don't want to start destilling H2O2 from those 3% hydrogen peroxide bottles.

www.sdearthtimes.com... H2O2 battery

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Work for 20+ years and pay off your house. Claw and scratch for every nickel.
Then take another look at patents and greed.

Someone worked hard for their patent. They deserve the rewards that come from it.

If you want to donate your innovations to the ‘people’ chairman Mao would salute you.

I have a normal paying job, but IF i would invent something that would benifit MANKIND and/or the planet, i will 'give it away' as long as it is FREE TO USE. Because giving something away, while others make money off it is not my intention.

Going to the patent angency with a 'free-energy' concept or even a working model will be rejected. Try and see.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
I tried a PVC tube with a high voltage charged wire in the center and aluminium tape on the outside of the 1/2" tube. The wire/tape was not touching the wire and I had the tube connected to a 20KV power supply and a fish tank air pump. It was bubbling away in about 200mL of Canadian Tire deionized water (has a bittering agent in it) for 3 hours and nothing changed. I think it needs to be water collected from burning hydrogen in oxygen.

I just don't want to start destilling H2O2 from those 3% hydrogen peroxide bottles.

www.sdearthtimes.com... H2O2 battery

Thanks a lot for your input, i will definitly take a look at this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

Correct me if i'm wrong but, aren't patents there to 'protect' your from others that want to steal your concept and sell it? So why are there so many selfish 'scientists' that don't bring out these technologies WITHOUT a patent? So what if the basic concept is being stolen, at least YOU introduced this technology into the world and need to make it a big media hype worldwide.

The scientists who develop these new technologies may have their name on the patent as the inventor, but what you really need to look at is the assignee -- rarely are they the same name. Most scientists that are well funded enough to develop something groundbreaking are working for a corporation or a university. I've never heard of a case where researchers don't have to sign an agreement that transfers ownership of intellectual property over to the organization they're working for.

Air it to news stations, spam internet tech sites, youtube movies anything to draw attention to you. So that when people KNOW there are solar panels able to be 60% efficient or higher, and that there are 'free-energy' systems out there, etc. Dr. Steven Greer (please leave any personal opinions at home) had/has the disclosure project, yet nothing is coming out. Many others have made these machines that either generate free energy OR convert a small input into a very large output.

While it seems like a great idea to broadcast the information for all to see, there's a downside -- generally, once communicated publicly or practiced, the art is now in the public domain and cannot be patented. But if someone makes a minor improvement or change from the original art that distinguishes it in some way, they can then patent their version of the original invention. If enough people do this, it has the same effect as if the original work had been patented. This is actually a common tactic on a corporate level -- find a competitor's technology where they've left obvious avenues for improvement and jump on them faster than the original inventor/assignee can do it. Do it well enough and you've effectively walled off their patent from being used.

Yes i know there is more to it than what is said in simple terms, yet if you as a person invent and test something without funding of 3rd parties, you can own the entire patent. They can stall as they want, but if you trully have world changing technology 1,000's of people will support you in a legal battle. Wether layers offer free service to you, people donating money for the trial proces, anything to keep you up if you really have a invention worth while that will be 'stolen' from you by large cooperations.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01
Most people here are aware that technology is being suppressed from the general public.

Are you able to give specific examples of “real” technologies which are being suppressed and the bodies who are doing the suppression? Some real examples, with evidence would be really helpful. Not some imaginary evidence by someone who made a YouTube video claiming to have developed “free energy” in his garden shed but BP/Exxon/Shell/MI5/CIA/Zionists/Reptiles have threatened him with rape/death/torture/etc....

Air it to news stations, spam internet tech sites, youtube movies anything to draw attention to you. So that when people KNOW there are solar panels able to be 60% efficient or higher, and that there are 'free-energy' systems out there, etc.

Without resorting to amateurish blogs or YouTube videos, can you give a link to a properly peer reviewed piece of scientific research which shows a 60% efficient solar panel which does so “in the field” and which can be manufactured in an affordable price. Please, please, please. If you are making the statement then you have the evidence.

How do you people feel about this?

I feel that there is too much scope for people to make things up. I think that technology is advancing all the time and that anything is possible so long, as it is scientifically possible.

Regards

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

i don,t need to do any research, it is a fact of life , you have to police the patent your self .
a large and wealthy company can drag out a court case for years .
ask any patent lawyer yourself if this is the case or not .
once you have run out of funds to fight the case you are finished .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

just an example which i felt was relevant to the subject.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Are you able to give specific examples of “real” technologies which are being suppressed and the bodies who are doing the suppression? Some real examples, with evidence would be really helpful. Not some imaginary evidence by someone who made a YouTube video claiming to have developed “free energy” in his garden shed but BP/Exxon/Shell/MI5/CIA/Zionists/Reptiles have threatened him with rape/death/torture/etc....

Maybe read some replies i made to others with the 'same' question?

Originally posted by Parahpi
Without resorting to amateurish blogs or YouTube videos, can you give a link to a properly peer reviewed piece of scientific research which shows a 60% efficient solar panel which does so “in the field” and which can be manufactured in an affordable price. Please, please, please. If you are making the statement then you have the evidence.

Again please 'read' that post again, and not just 'look' at it. If you read carefully you will see that it refers to the 'inventor' of a device example 60% efficient solar panels to mail to 'tech sites' put it on yourtube, ANYTHING to get HIS invention out to the PUBLIC. So they know about it and it CAN'T be suppressed without raising questions.

How do you people feel about this?

I feel that there is too much scope for people to make things up. I think that technology is advancing all the time and that anything is possible so long, as it is scientifically possible.

Regards

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

i don,t need to do any research, it is a fact of life , you have to police the patent your self .
a large and wealthy company can drag out a court case for years .
ask any patent lawyer yourself if this is the case or not .
once you have run out of funds to fight the case you are finished .

You think the law works the same everywhere as in America?
Think again, where i'm from we have WAY more benefits then you guys have.

We can choose to pay a monthy fee to special insurance companies and they will supply a valid official lawyer anytime you need one. So no 'draining' of funds here, they simply have no need for that.

So yes you do need to do a bit more research and not only result to your own country. www stands for World Wide Web, meaning not only Americans are on it. So not every person falls under the same laws/systems as you do.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

just an example which i felt was relevant to the subject.

Thanks for your clarification!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

i did not know that you could get insurance for such cases , so in that regard you where correct,
but it does negate the fact that if you don,t have the funds to fight an infringment your screwed.
ps , what ever gave you the impression i was an american , i am not.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

i did not know that you could get insurance for such cases , so in that regard you where correct,
but it does negate the fact that if you don,t have the funds to fight an infringment your screwed.
ps , what ever gave you the impression i was an american , i am not.

Assumption i guess, i do that a lot and really need to learn to stop doing that hehe. But yes you are in a way correct, but as we all know money is the stupid thing this world drives on, without it your hopeless, lost and alone basicly. But that's another discussion

So we are indeed both wright at some point, it's just different in other countries because of different insurances and services i guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I have read the posts, but there is no evidence that there is a cover up of technologies which would benefit us all - free energy and highly efficient solar panels, being the examples. If there are some patents which are classified, then so what. Linking to other websites who cite no evidence is not proof.

Plus, you need to edit your post as comments are not properly attributed to me, when I made them.

Regards

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

I have read the posts, but there is no evidence that there is a cover up of technologies which would benefit us all - free energy and highly efficient solar panels, being the examples. If there are some patents which are classified, then so what. Linking to other websites who cite no evidence is not proof.

Plus, you need to edit your post as comments are not properly attributed to me, when I made them.

Regards

OK if you feel that way that's your choice ofcourse. But anyone with a sane mind can see that free energy will crash the market and remove some of the current most powerful and rich people from there positions.

Close minded is a mind as well, people say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join